Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobs?!?

Options
  • 01-03-2015 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hi guys just wondering if there are any jobs around Waterford going for the summer? Or if any one knows of any places employing young people in waterford.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Tramore amusements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Where's Mr Price going in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Where's Mr Price going in Waterford?

Kingsmeadow Retail Park
    Inner Ring Road
    Waterford
    Waterford

From the website http://www.mrprice.ie/stores/show

I guess it must be where Byrnes/Audi/PartyWorld were.

By the way, what the hell is a Mr. Price! Is it a fancy PoundShop like Dealz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Angelo.J197

Judging by the nature of the website and the name of the enterprise I'd say it's much like Dealz maybe on a larger scale. Either way if I'm lucky enough to get a job there I'll be happy!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

johnnykilo wrote: »
    By the way, what the hell is a Mr. Price! Is it a fancy PoundShop like Dealz?

I've been in the one in Rathfarnham in Dublin. This maybe to do with the building - but the place was an absolute mess. In Dealz - everything is laid out a lot better, but Mr Price is the same stuff you would get in any discount stores like Euro2, Dealz, Buy Lo etc...

Targeting that area in Waterford is a big task for them. We have the viking triangle in the city for the tourists. Well now we have a supermarket triangle in this area of Waterford. Aldi, Iceland, BuyLo, Lidl, Mr Price and Supervalu all within 5 minute walk of each other. Over-saturating it really - should have gone into Besco (Ballybricken) or one of the free retail spots beside TK Maxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Over-saturating it really - should have gone into Besco (Ballybricken) or one of the free retail spots beside TK Maxx.

I thought that as well, is anything going on there at all?

Water meter installer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ha! Not a job for the quiet life.

Dog **** cleaner in Dunmore.

• Advertisement

Not sure if your taking the mick with that one but uhhhh no thanks........

Wear a flourescent jack and hat and guide foreign tourists around the city centre for the summer. Do up flyers and leave in at hotel receptions. Charge people a fee for a group booking and bring a different group around for a few hours each day.

That is actually genius. Fiach your a right entrepreneur. I would actually consider that however I don't think it's legal is it? As your not paying tax on the money you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

That is actually genius. Fiach your a right entrepreneur. I would actually consider that however I don't think it's legal is it? As your not paying tax on the money you make.

It would be legal if you pay tax!

Good luck by the way, showing a bit of initiative by even starting the thread. If I hear of anything I''ll post it up. Just for the summer, student?

Yup just a current 6th year going into college(hopefully) trying to make his way in this doggy dog world! I would happily take on any job at the moment if not for the Impending doom that is the leaving cert. I'm hoping to move out into an apartment over summer also with a few friends so I desperately need the money. I'll even work for less than minimum wage!

Advertisement