Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kneepads recommendation

Options
  • 01-03-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Intermittently on tools with work and also DIY.
    From personal use, can anybody recommend me a set of kneepads and hopefully source on the basis of ease of strapping on, staying on and in place and being effective.
    I see a good choice online, but slow to order at risk.
    Pads in jeans wouldn't suit my work situation.
    many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

well worth getting workwear trousers and the pads that fit into the knee pouches, snickers for example but there are plenty on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

dolittle wrote: »
    well worth getting workwear trousers and the pads that fit into the knee pouches, snickers for example but there are plenty on the market
    Thx
    Have 2 pairs😊but looking for seperate pads now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Seperate pads are a disaster, the only pad that will stay in place is the ones in the snickers. I leave them in full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

DeWalt do great kneepads. I bought a pair a few years ago. Possibly in B &Q. like the lads say Stickers are good but if you only need them once a day or so then the strap on ones give you much better protection.

Thx so much. Their dg5204 coming well recommended on reviews. Will get a pair picked up in US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You'll love them so long as you don't have them on all day. As cj says snicker pads are best for all day use. :)

Aside. Believe there should be a stronger form of education in their benefit to apprentices of all trades. Hindsight a great thing when whincing in pain while trying to get off knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The large Tescos stores do pretty good knee pads in their gardening dept, pick up a pair for about €3 or so. Ted john sons in naas had the same pair different label for over €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

dolittle wrote: »
    CJ Haughey wrote: »
    Seperate pads are a disaster, the only pad that will stay in place is the ones in the snickers. I leave them in full time.

I always found the snickers knee pad or that style good, although they dont have a hard outer layer to limit something that might protruding through, Id have though they might have had a flexible hard plastic sheet to slip in front of the foam.

As for seperate knee pads, always though they were terrible, unless you had loops on your trousers? maybe some workwear trousers do, only use to me was when I needed extra protection and was kneeling for most of what I was doing, but if constantly moving about they just come loose and the straps dig in, Id a boss who absolutely refused to buy anything like the snickers type even though they were the most suitable option, aside from carrying them and being bulkier, whereas the foam are light and in place all the time.

Anyone got any good brands that would have a better price than snickers (edit for the trousers, an additional would be preferably not so two tone/look less like workwear but still have a few pockets and somewhere for knee pads, oh and cheaper is the main criteria

Dickies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Hi folks. Intermittently on tools with work and also DIY.
    From personal use, can anybody recommend me a set of kneepads and hopefully source on the basis of ease of strapping on, staying on and in place and being effective.
    I see a good choice online, but slow to order at risk.
    Pads in jeans wouldn't suit my work situation.
    many thanks.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    DeWalt do great kneepads. I bought a pair a few years ago. Possibly in B &Q. like the lads say Stickers are good but if you only need them once a day or so then the strap on ones give you much better protection.

Is this knee pads we are talking about here?

Somebody been to the movies lately perhaps :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Read some reviews of the dewalt knee pads and have brilliant reviews so as strap on knee pads they be an excellent choice.
    Most work trousers now have space in the knee section where you can insert knee pads. They usually stock their own pad for their pants, motorcycle protection cut to size also makes a good knee pad for the pants.

Advertisement