Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change from Physiotherapy into...?

Options
  • 01-03-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Well guys,

I'm currently a 3rd year Physiotherapy student in Dublin. I enjoy the course a lot, but I feel at this stage that I'm not going to be a physiotherapist. It's not clicking with me after nearly 3 years, even though I'm working hard at it. I'll definitely finish my degree, however I'd love to make a direct transition into the corporate world. I know this is probably easier said than done, but I've heard of graduate programs with the likes of KPMG or PwC which are keen for enthusiastic people to build a broad knowledge basis and work hard. I've a lot of experience in sales, and I'd be keen to incorporate that into it, however I'd also love to become involved in the financial sector. I've strong exam results behind me, but I don't know of how much use this will be in practice - it shows my work ethic I guess.

Truth be told, I like things black and white. A lot of physiotherapy is quite a grey area as there are so many treatments and techniques which don't have strong evidence behind them, or much use. I'm not saying all of physiotherapy is like this, but I know I've more of a business pattern of thinking than medical, and I would like a career which has a more structured level of progression.

If anyone could give me any advice or experiences, i'd highly appreciate it - it might even get you a pint someday! :)

Advertisement