Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup Final - match thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »
    The season would be over if we win or lose this anyway. Its just whether wegot silverware or not was the thing.

I think if we can place 7th or higher its a season to build on for Poch.

Will be very hard to lift the players after this past week . 7th would be a poor season , worse than last year , would be a step backwards in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mickman wrote: »
    Will be very hard to lift the players after this past week . 7th would be a poor season , worse than last year , would be a step backwards in my opinion

Considering the amount of academy players/young players we got, a season like this should only help develop them. Finish 7th next season and its just not good enough.

How to confirm a defeat.

Bring lamela on for mason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Come on Soldado, ya ****n owe us something

Wouldn't we get Europa league as runners up anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,957 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Wouldn't be a cup final without one player ending up with a bloody
    bandage around his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wouldn't we get Europa league as runners up anyway?

Nope.. that only applies to the FA cup.

If Spurs score two in the next 5 mins and Chelsea score no more goals it will go to extra time.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Nope.. that only applies to the FA cup.

Thank Christ for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Pretty poor today which kind of mirrors our season... We really are miles behind Chelsea city Liverpool. And arsenal

• Advertisement

If Spurs score two in the next 5 mins and Chelsea score no more goals it will go to extra time.

Biggest IF in the history of it's right there.

Interesting fact, no one has beating Spurs more times today than Chelsea FC .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well at least they played to the whistle and didn't get tonked. Hazard & Fabergas were kept relatively quite, unfortunately we lack the creative guile going forward.

Congrats to Chelsea.

I said to my dad it would be 2-0 Chelsea. God damnit...

Awful awful performance

Men against boys

The slide continues

Spurs done ok, Chelsea are hard to break down. Liverpool would be here if they could of
    finished some of the 15 chances over the two legs.
    Spurs lacked a bit of quality in the final 3rd today.

Awful awful performance

Men against boys

The slide continues

Most chelsea fans didn't really rate Chelsea either. Think we were poor but two goals were our own fault.

Most chelsea fans didn't really rate Chelsea either. Think we were poor but two goals were our own fault.

Yes they were our own fault . That's the sign of a poor team

Not for one minute did we look like scoring today , even for the free kick Czech had it covered

Yes they were our own fault . That's the sign of a poor team

Not for one minute did we look like scoring today , even for the free kick Czech had it covered

Mark eriksen and Kane out of the game and this is what happens. I think mourinho watched that 5-3 over and over to plug the holes.

4am here. Off to bed.. Disappointing :(

• Advertisement

Yes dissapointing, but we will improve under Poch. Not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

my two cents is that we weren't great at all. They got the only bit of luck that was going. Eriksens free kick goes in and it would have been a different ball game. Hopefully shift out the likes of Ade, Soldado, etc and get some forward options as alternatives to Kane and we could be alright. Though Bentaleb was very good. overall its fecking depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Some of the abuse of the team on here is comical. You call yourselves supporters? It's as if people think we have a great team but to spite the 'fans', they're just not trying.

People need to realise that we're not a great team. We usually finish between 4th and 6th in the Premiership. Chelsea are a much better team than us and today they showed it.

Spurs played ok I thought. Pretty average by our standards. Better team in the first half but struggled to break down the Chelsea defence. They never stopped trying but they weren't good enough.

Ormus wrote: »
    Some of the abuse of the team on here is comical. You call yourselves supporters? It's as if people think we have a great team but to spite the 'fans', they're just not trying.

People need to realise that we're not a great team. We usually finish between 4th and 6th in the Premiership. Chelsea are a much better team than us and today they showed it.

Spurs played ok I thought. Pretty average by our standards. Better team in the first half but struggled to break down the Chelsea defence. They never stopped trying but they weren't good enough.

Hard to sensibly argue with you there. Chelsea have better players. They have a bigger stadium and an owner with massive pockets which all leads to them having way more money to spend. Now you could argue that we didn't get maximum value for the Bale money but that's where we are.

To win today we would have had to play at our very best and them not too but we didn't. Like I said we will improve with Poch and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Ormus wrote: »

Sense. Some people would want to get a grip. We played ok and lost. They played ok and won. Them playing ok is enough to beat an ok performance by us.
    Onwards and upwards!

Playing and travelling back from Italy a couple of days ago has to be a hindrance. Europa league hangover syndrome!

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Playing and travelling back from Italy a couple of days ago has to be a hindrance. Europa league hangover syndrome!

Didn't affect liverpool who had a longer trip and arrived ar 4am Friday morning. Our lads Stayed in Italy until Friday to get a good nights sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Didn't affect liverpool who had a longer trip and arrived ar 4am Friday morning. Our lads Stayed in Italy until Friday to get a good nights sleep

Hasn't effected them two weeks in a row now! Europa hangover is such a cop out.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Hasn't effected them two weeks in a row now! Europa hangover is such a cop out.

I don't think its a cop out, we have a very young squad. Some really young lads, you will not get consistency all season from them. We were playing a team that is top of the table who had all week to prepare for this game. Spurs have played more games this season than any other premier league team. Chelsea have a more settled team, better players with more experience and a top manager in place for a couple of seasons. Chelsea were favourites.

We didn't play our best and we lost but I think the improvement in Spurs this season is there for all to see, not world beaters, but improving. With more experience for our young players and with the manager and team more settled we will see better in the near future imo.

We should not be too hard on the team for todays loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

I'm disappointed by not annoyed by the loss today. Young team. Still in with a shout of 4th although the results didn't go our way this weekend.

Now the FA cup semi against Portsmouth. ... I was well pissed off after that one.....

Advertisement