Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cheaper GoPro alternitives?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Faing wrote: »

Gets decent youtube reviews too.. Had I seen this I would have bought this instead of the GoPro copy

• Registered Users Posts: 43 chiplad

aaakev wrote:
    Throw up a clip there so we can see if Ya have one!

aaakev wrote:
    maybe I got a bad one so? Luck of the draw it seems.

Tried to upload one now but the file sizes are massive! I'll snip one later and put it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Gets decent youtube reviews too.. Had I seen this I would have bought this instead of the GoPro copy

Nah, they aren't a patch on the SJ4000, I guarantee you'll be impressed by it when it arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Faing wrote: »
    Nah, they aren't a patch on the SJ4000, I guarantee you'll be impressed by it when it arrives.

I'm looking forward to it, but my daughter has her own plans for it so I'll probably never see it :(

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Mines arriving tomorrow... But I'll be in work.....ahhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 chiplad

Tried to trim it, no joy, files is huge as its AVI, any tips?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

chiplad wrote: »

Windows movie maker will trim it for you

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-live/movie-maker

Otherwise just upload the entire thing to youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

chiplad wrote: »
    Convert to MP4 using Handbrake...

https://handbrake.fr/

Got mine today. ..very nice bit of kit. Plenty of mounts too.
    :-)

• Advertisement

Just been out on the bike...great quality video.
    mounted on the direct on the bike is too jittery, better mounted on my helmet :-)
    Very happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

Just been out on the bike...great quality video.
    mounted on the direct on the bike is too jittery, better mounted on my helmet :-)
    Very happy.

Any chance of a video to see the quality :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

honda boi wrote: »
    Any chance of a video to see the quality :D

Here's a shot of the video quality

7D0FEAFE-2DA0-45F1-BC83-9A3B4E3DA603_zpslfhpejkq.png

blade1 wrote: »
    Here's a shot of the video quality

7D0FEAFE-2DA0-45F1-BC83-9A3B4E3DA603_zpslfhpejkq.png

And just to give you something to compare it with....
    This is a shot from a go-pro hero(entry level one)
    B26DBEAB-0E3D-4533-9E8C-BB8AAD2BB080_zpscah5vr3k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

What kind of battery life you getting from it?
    Wondering where you'd get extra batteries for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

These are also from an SJ4000 on a chest harness!

Loh7qAD.png
    oJl9LcF.png
    ACWbyKo.png

honda boi wrote: »
    What kind of battery life you getting from it?
    Wondering where you'd get extra batteries for it

At 1080p you will get around an hour, the battery indicator is crap though, it will be down to one bar in no time at all but that one bar seems to last at least 30-40 minutes...

Ebay is your best bet for spare batteries, just check out the reviews before ordering them

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XReplacement+Battery+for+SJ4000+.TRS0&_nkw=Replacement+Battery+for+SJ4000+&_sacat=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

There seems to be a weird blurring problem on your speedo in that second pic, is your camera faulty? :P

There seems to be a weird blurring problem on your speedo in that second pic, is your camera faulty? :P
    The dash glitches sometimes...:o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I saw a guy on a youtube video the other day who had the camera mounted to the front of his helmet - where his chin is basically. Got a really good view like the driver seee - better than the chest mount. Not sure how he did it though, has anyone done this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Zascar wrote: »
    I saw a guy on a youtube video the other day who had the camera mounted to the front of his helmet - where his chin is basically. Got a really good view like the driver seee - better than the chest mount. Not sure how he did it though, has anyone done this?

2 from google .. not sure id fancy having one there myself.

maxresdefault.jpg

39620d1300632972-my-gopro-vlog-setup-dsc01631.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have this setup, I have been running it for months. With no issues. If i go down it will snap off in a heart beat.

The Visual is perfect. There is minimal drag as its not side or top mounted and the mic can pick up my voice without any need to an external mic. Oh and the weight is negligible but i am upright on a Tourer.

I cant fault it at all.

IMG_20150215_191655_zpsvyr11lrw.jpg

IMG_20150215_191912_zpsbpuya05d.jpg

IMG_20150104_203210701_zpswk6ff8bg.jpg

I modified the Go Pro sticky mount by cutting some mm's off the top and bottom of it. I had to to get it flush to the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Anyone recommend the wifi version over normal sj4000? Trying to work out if its worth the extra few bob.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Does the SJ have a remote? I think it would be great to have a little remote you could mount on the bike or on your arm etc, to be able to play/stop as you are on the bike. Would save you recording hours of rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Does the SJ have a remote? I think it would be great to have a little remote you could mount on the bike or on your arm etc, to be able to play/stop as you are on the bike. Would save you recording hours of rubbish

Dont think it does. Only camera i seen with that was the Drift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

I have SJ4000 wifi and non wifi. Only advantage to the wifi is that when you have mounted the camera on the bike you can set the camera up with your tablet or laptop to ensure that you are getting the view you want and start recording remotely. I have downloaded a couple of times via wifi but it is far easier to whip the card out and shove it in the card reader. There isn't a dedicated remote for it afaIk. Worth the extra few bob? Maybe. Igot the wifi one first and when I added the second decided that it wasn't really necessary (for what I use it for anyhow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I got myself one of these helmet cams, records at 1080p/30FPS or 720p/60FPS

Billet aluminium, waterproof, recording time is 3 hours, charging time 2 hours, 32GB micro SD & only 65gms in weight.

Came with a helmet mount & cost only $50AUS, cannot fault it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You should just set it to loop every 20 minutes or so and that way it just captures what you want it to and need. no use pressing the remote button if you are just about to hit something... ;)

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    The dash glitches sometimes...:o

I can see it clearly on my phone!:eek:

1BA8FAF2-4539-4553-B08D-31097CDB3A02_zpsuugmdbpc.jpg

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    I can see it clearly on my phone!:eek:

but the dash only goes as far as 299 :confused:

Advertisement