Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking tuna steaks to have later in the week

Options
  • 01-03-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I bought two lovely tuna steaks Friday but havemt got around to cooking them.
    I want to cook it now so it doesn't go off, I was thinking I could have it later in the week.
    Can't find much info online apart from eating it straight after cooking.
    Would truly appreciate some help.

How long should I Cook it in order to have it later in the week and how long does it last in the fridge?

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I wouldn't advise it to be honest. You'd need to cook it all the way through today, then reheat all the way through later in the week. You'd ruin a nice piece of tuna, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Faith wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise it to be honest. You'd need to cook it all the way through today, then reheat all the way through later in the week. You'd ruin a nice piece of tuna, IMO.

Ya. I usually like them seared for 30 secs eah side but they'll be gone off if I don't cook them tonight! Won't get a chance to cook them over the next couple days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Can you not freeze them? Or is that a dumb question?

Advertisement