Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel 2007 layout

• 01-03-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭

Hello people. Been a while since I used all the features of Excel, but I've been given a spreadsheet with employee names and what courses they've done (including the date). I've been asked to see if I can make it look more presentable.

So I wanted to create a sheet at the start, where you have each course and a tick box, and ticking each box populates the area below it with the list of people who have that course completed. I know it's possible, I have just forgotten the wording used to research how its done!

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sounds like a pivot table???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Taltos wrote: »
    Sounds like a pivot table???

Something like that anyway. Think I need to update my ECDL, don't even remember seeing pivot tables... I'll mess around with it and see how I get on.

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If you have all the source data in a clean enough table with column names - just highlight them or select the first field.
    Then goto Insert on the menu/ribbon & select pivot table

You can then put in whatever layout suits you with courses as one of the header objects - as you select each course the rest of the data will refresh.,

Other option is to just use filters - and filter by course name which will show you all employee names on the matching rows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Would an IF+vlookup work here?

Advertisement