Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

log cabin / garden studio

Options
  • 01-03-2015 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello.

Would anyone have an idea of the cost associated with building a small habitable log cabin in a back garden with a small shower room? We are looking at 3X4, 4X4 or 4X5 metre log cabins.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who has gone through this process could let me know the total build cost for everything, including:

-ground works / base
    -plumbing
    -electricity connection
    -insulated cabin with double glazed windows and doors, supplied and fitted
    -shower/toilet and sink; supplied and fitted
    -elecrical works (sockets and lighting).

If anyone has any recommendations of companies they have used, it would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Luvchi87 wrote: »
    Hello.

Would anyone have an idea of the cost associated with building a small habitable log cabin in a back garden with a small shower room? We are looking at 3X4, 4X4 or 4X5 metre log cabins.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who has gone through this process could let me know the total build cost for everything, including:

-ground works / base
    -plumbing
    -electricity connection
    -insulated cabin with double glazed windows and doors, supplied and fitted
    -shower/toilet and sink; supplied and fitted
    -elecrical works (sockets and lighting).

If anyone has any recommendations of companies they have used, it would be great.

Thanks

You won't get planning for a habitable log cabin in a rear garden. What you are talking about is a "Granny Flat" and it must be connected to the existing dwelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Luvchi87

Thanks for letting me know.

Advertisement