Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ras Naomh Finian: Sat 7th March 2015

• 01-03-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi everyone,
    Just to let you know we have the details for the Ras Naomh Finian on our website

clonard road club. com

SIGN ON & START POINT
    MOTHER HUBBARDS TRUCK STOP
    On Old N4 between Enfield & Kinnegad

Sign-on @ 9.30. First off @11am

We will also have some food served after the races in Mother Hubbards, where the prize presentations will take place.

Note also, that this year we also have a Women's race - rolls out just behind the A4 race, and turns around earlier (at Rochfortbridge), which is 44km.

All races will finish just before Clonard Village. Route map/profile, and further details are on the website at the link given above.

Hope to see you there!
    - Clonard Road Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Well done lads on a top notch day of racing. Well organised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Big bunch in A3, over 140 signed on, was bit sketchy into the headwind on the way out through the road furniture, and with a left to right crosswind rewarding those on the wrong side of the road. Lined out most of the way back so no such problems and the wind encouraging people to ride on the lefthand hard shoulder. Well run, well marshalled, break of 5 up the road contested the major placings, and a bunch sprint behind.

And worth noting the Comms informed everyone Go Pros were banned at the start line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Inquitus wrote: »
    Big bunch in A3, over 140 signed on, was bit sketchy into the headwind on the way out through the road furniture, and with a left to right crosswind rewarding those on the wrong side of the road. Lined out most of the way back so no such problems and the wind encouraging people to ride on the lefthand hard shoulder. Well run, well marshalled, break of 5 up the road contested the major placings, and a bunch sprint behind.

And worth noting the Comms informed everyone Go Pros were banned at the start line.

Were there many with GoPros?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Were there many with GoPros?

They didn't exactly inspect bikes, so if you had one that was on your bike rather than helmet, unlikely they would have noticed. I didn't see any but then I didnt see the lad with one at the Ned Flanagan either......

• Registered Users Posts: 47 clonard_rc

Many thanks to all for a successful days racing, great turnout of 300 riders.

Results for todays race now on our website
    Clonard Road club . com

- Clonard Road Club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Great race well done to all involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

any reason as to why they're banned? are they deemed illegal by UCI regulations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

are they deemed illegal by UCI regulations?
    Yes.

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes.

You need the race organisers permission to use one per UCI regs as far as I remember from the Ned Flanagan thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

We were told same at Mick Lally... And told not to post footage if we did as "the authorities are watching".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

So that video up on Stickybottle of a race (think it was Fitscience GP) is technically not allowed?

So that video up on Stickybottle of a race (think it was Fitscience GP) is technically not allowed?

The video was made by someone on the promoting club so it was allowed. The one at the Ned however was against rules.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You also need the UCI's permission, as well as the race organiser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

You also need the UCI's permission, as well as the race organiser.
    I think I smell a [Del Boy] black market opportunity here.This time next year we'll be millionaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭not sane

Must say I love this race, its a great season starter. Reminds me a bit of the old Dublin-Drogheda back in the day. Well organised and marshalled. Big thanks to the Clonard CC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The video was made by someone on the promoting club so it was allowed. The one at the Ned however was against rules.

Not true. The video was made by a fitscience guy but it was during the western wheelers gp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 2Cando

Are there any photo galleries for this race? I saw loads of photographers out on the route but have only seen one photo gallery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

wav1 wrote: »
    I think I smell a [Del Boy] black market opportunity here.This time next year we'll be millionaires.

Ill have to have a word with Benner.

Advertisement