Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with lighting/socket unit under kitchen cabinet

Options
  • 01-03-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

I live in an apartment that got kitted out from international companies... all of the toilets and built in appliances are all strange and it's nearly impossible to get things replaced/fixed. I had an electrician out who told me he had never seen anything like the unit I have in the kitchen (under cabinet unit with 2 sockets and 2 spot lights) so I'm stuck. Would anyone be able to identify what kind of bulb/light I need (both of them are gone)? Also the glass cover that is held in with a metal ring is missing... any thoughts on where I get those? I'm a new user so can't post links/photos, but if you think you can help I can link you photos privately!

Any advice/sympathy is welcome! Thanks for reading.

-B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bevhano

imageshack.us/i/ip90w8BIj
    imageshack.us/i/ipKRzg0aj
    imageshack.us/i/pbwkdlBhj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Looks like 20watt capsule halogen
    Most electrical wholesalers stick them
    Glass replacement might be trickier.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Philips-20-Watt-Halogen-T3-12-Volt-G4-Capsule-Dimmable-Light-Bulb-2-Pack-417204/202762653

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bevhano

I thought that's what I needed at first but there's only a small hole in the base so they don't fit... do 1 pin bulbs exist??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Have seen those type of units think they might have come from Lidl or Aldi but don't know about the replacement bulbs, might be an idea to take one out and bring it to a wholesalers as they are probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

bevhano wrote: »
    I thought that's what I needed at first but there's only a small hole in the base so they don't fit... do 1 pin bulbs exist??

Simplest to replace entire fitting with these. They come apart and you can get them flush. Get your electrician to do it. Might need a transformer.

http://www.kellihers.com/product/2900000163/Robus-Circular-Cabinet-Downlight,-Chrome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

bevhano wrote: »

from the picture, that single hole is not the base. Where the writing is on the fitting itself (12 volt) the lamp is inserted there, the lamp is parallel to the glass...attached photo....you will need a 12volt capsule lamp with G4 base pins

Advertisement