Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre dropping occassionally

Options
  • 01-03-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭

Hi

My Eircom eFibre broadband connection has started to drop occasionally lately. Usually requires a router re-boot to re-establish connection meaning it's down for approx. 10 minutes.

Happened on 21st Feb @ 9.30pm. Happened just now (Sunday 1st Mar @ 7.30pm) and has happened at least twice in between (I didn't note the times).

Very frustrating, particularly when I got a notification of a price increase in the post this week !

Can this be looked into please?

Am in Greystones, Co. Wicklow.

eigrod

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

eigrod wrote: »
    Hi

My Eircom eFibre broadband connection has started to drop occasionally lately. Usually requires a router re-boot to re-establish connection meaning it's down for approx. 10 minutes.

Happened on 21st Feb @ 9.30pm. Happened just now (Sunday 1st Mar @ 7.30pm) and has happened at least twice in between (I didn't note the times).

Very frustrating, particularly when I got a notification of a price increase in the post this week !

eigrod
    Hi eigrod

If you would like to PM me your eircom account details I'll be happy to look further in to this and get back later today or tomorrow.

Alternatively feel free to Contact technical support over instant WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Hi

eigrod
    Hi eigrod

If you would like to PM me your eircom account details I'll be happy to look further in to this and get back later today or tomorrow.

Alternatively feel free to Contact technical support over instant WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

PM sent.

Thanks.

Hi

eigrod
    Hi eigrod

Thanks
    Al

PM sent.

Thanks.
    Thanks eigrod

I'll get back to you as soon as I can

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan

I'm just bumping this up as I haven't heard anything back from my last PM to you. Had a short service drop again last evening around 10.20pm.

Regards
    eigrod

Hi Alan

I'm just bumping this up as I haven't heard anything back from my last PM to you. Had a short service drop again last evening around 10.20pm.

Regards
    eigrod
    Hi eigrod

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you.

I had escalated this to our technical support team who have got back to me advising that according to their tests they can;t find anything wrong to attribute the issues you are reporting.

There are no Faults located on your line (externally nor internally) and there is also no sign of interference. They Did also advise that if there were issues the connection drops would be much more frequent.

What they have suggested though is that this may be a wifi connectivity issue and It will be best to contact technical support where they can troubleshoot and may even change the wireless channels for you. Technical support can be contacted on free phone 1901 or via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan

Regards
    eigrod
    Hi eigrod

I had escalated this to our technical support team who have got back to me advising that according to their tests they can;t find anything wrong to attribute the issues you are reporting.

There are no Faults located on your line (externally nor internally) and there is also no sign of interference. They Did also advise that if there were issues the connection drops would be much more frequent.

What they have suggested though is that this may be a wifi connectivity issue and It will be best to contact technical support where they can troubleshoot and may even change the wireless channels for you. Technical support can be contacted on free phone 1901 or via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al
    Ok. Thanks Alan.

eigrod

Hi Alan

Regards
    eigrod
    Hi eigrod

Thanks
    Al
    Ok. Thanks Alan.

eigrod
    Thanks eirgod

Al

Advertisement