Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this TV a Saorview set?

• 01-03-2015 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Looking out for new TV. This one is for sale in both Currys and PC world which are sister companies.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/jvc-lt32c740-smart-32andrdquo-led-tv/321863/397.0.5

I first went into PC world today and was told the set was not Saorview enabled and I would need to buy a Saorview box in Maplin. However speaking to the assistant in Curry's a few doors up a fem minutes later I was told it was Saorview - no need to buy a saorview box. So thats where I'm calling on ye kind folks to answer my question if possible please...Is the set Saorview?

Also, better still if ye could provide me with possible better alternatives for around the same money or up to €300 absolute max. needs to be Saorview, no smaller than 32" and SMART TV.

Thanks in advance for all constructive responses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Hi all, Looking out for new TV. This one is for sale in both Currys and PC world which are sister companies.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/jvc-lt32c740-smart-32andrdquo-led-tv/321863/397.0.5

I first went into PC world today and was told the set was not Saorview enabled and I would need to buy a Saorview box in Maplin. However speaking to the assistant in Curry's a few doors up a fem minutes later I was told it was Saorview - no need to buy a saorview box. So thats where I'm calling on ye kind folks to answer my question if possible please...Is the set Saorview?

Also, better still if ye could provide me with possible better alternatives for around the same money or up to €300 absolute max. needs to be Saorview, no smaller than 32" and SMART TV.

Thanks in advance for all constructive responses

It is saoire view capable (dvb-t2) but won't be able to use the epg

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

akaSol wrote: »
    It is saoire view capable (dvb-t2) but won't be able to use the epg

akaSol thanks for your reply but you have lost me. What is the epg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

EPG = Electronic Programme Guide. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with this TV.

Also, DVB-T2 compatibility, or lack of, has no bearing on Saorview functioning at present, & is unlikely to have for the foreseeable future anyway. Not that there's any mention of it in the spec. for this TV that I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

http://www.currys.ie/Product/jvc-lt39c740-smart-39-led-tv/322940/397.0.3

Just to provide an update folks I bought the TV above yesterday evening. The original one I was after was gone up to €279 - had being €259. The one I bought has full HD whereas the one I was looking at was only HD ready (whatever thats suppose to mean I still dont know). To be honest the one I got suits the size of the room nicely. The 32'' would have being on the small side. For €60 extra it was a no brainer.

I know there are nicer and better TVs out there but I also need to buy food, electricity, motor insurance, toiletries, clothes, car maintenance etc......

Advertisement