Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asus Zenfone 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

I wonder does this mean order from the Asus store will also ship next week. How much did it cost in total from amazon.it?

Well amazon still don't have the black ones so it's hard to tell, Asus are still saying the 10th so its possible. I'm just a lot more comfortable with Amazon, It came to EUR 357.15 with 2 day delivery, not a huge price difference when you account for the delivery charges with Asus FR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Well amazon still don't have the black ones so it's hard to tell, Asus are still saying the 10th so its possible. I'm just a lot more comfortable with Amazon, It came to EUR 357.15 with 2 day delivery, not a huge price difference when you account for the delivery charges with Asus FR.

So only €8 quid for delivery,that's a bargain. I'm tempted.

So only €8 quid for delivery,that's a bargain. I'm tempted.

Yeah it was something like 8.20 for standard and 8.60 for 2 day. If you're not bothered about the colour I would.

With Amazon it's insured to your door and returns are free. With Asus (for BPM at least) it's insured for 500 until they hand it off to the courier, then it drops to 100 unless you pay something like 40. If you have to return it with Asus you'll have to pay to courier it back and then pay BPM/French Office again to get the replacement.

Yeah it was something like 8.20 for standard and 8.60 for 2 day. If you're not bothered about the colour I would.

With Amazon it's insured to your door and returns are free. With Asus (for BPM at least) it's insured for 500 until they hand it off to the courier, then it drops to 100 unless you pay something like 40. If you have to return it with Asus you'll have to pay to courier it back and then pay BPM/French Office again to get the replacement.

Your dead right. Just placed the order there,delivery for Thursday also. Reckon it cost about €25 more with Amazon but more peace of mind with delivery.

Your dead right. Just placed the order there,delivery for Thursday also. Reckon it cost about €25 more with Amazon but more peace of mind with delivery.

Peace of mind is a huge bonus, I'm just impatient and wanted a definite date haha. Hopefully all goes well for Thursday, I find that Amazon regularly deliver a day earlier too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Now you have me thinking lads.I really wanted the black one,I might give it until the end of next week,if there's no movement on Asus I,m going to cancel and order from amazon italy.

Now you have me thinking lads.I really wanted the black one,I might give it until the end of next week,if there's no movement on Asus I,m going to cancel and order from amazon italy.

I was just about to PM you. Yeah if your set on the black one you might aswell give it until next week. Its only a back cover though and should be easily and cheaply replaceable.

I was set on the black too, had a look around and the silver does seem to look very nice. Hearing that they'll be selling the 'shells' separately at some point anyway. If you're ok with the Asus store and you're not rushing to get it you may as well wait it out for the black, can’t be much of a wait left at this stage.

I was set on the black too, had a look around and the silver does seem to look very nice. Hearing that they'll be selling the 'shells' separately at some point anyway. If you're ok with the Asus store and you're not rushing to get it you may as well wait it out for the black, can’t be much of a wait left at this stage.

Yeah the silver is not really a total deal breaker for me,I,ll give Asus until next Friday,if I don't hear anything I will probably just get the silver one from amazon Italy.is it straight forward to cancel?is it just a matter of clicking the cancel link on my order status?

Yeah the silver is not really a total deal breaker for me,I,ll give Asus until next Friday,if I don't hear anything I will probably just get the silver one from amazon Italy.is it straight forward to cancel?is it just a matter of clicking the cancel link on my order status?

I'm not entirely sure. I just pressed cancel and sent an email to the address that originally emailed me asking for id to confirm. If you paid through PayPal you receive an email from them within a day or two as far as I know.

The email address: shop_fr at asus . com

• Advertisement

Yep it is. Keep an eye on the available stock on Amazon.it. there only 4 red left so don't know how long the silver will be there.

Yep it is. Keep an eye on the available stock on Amazon.it. there only 4 red left so don't know how long the silver will be there.

I paid by PayPal too and it was taken on the day I ordered,I assume the money would be reimbursed if I canceled?

I paid by PayPal too and it was taken on the day I ordered,I assume the money would be reimbursed if I canceled?

I'd expect the refund to be processed tomorrow. I'd imagine asus manually process the refunds unlike the purchase where it would be automated. Might take a day or 2 for the funds to reach your PayPal a/c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What cases did you go for I just got the clear silicone one on Amazon.it and Samsung 64gd card

Hootanany wrote: »
    What cases did you go for I just got the clear silicone one on Amazon.it and Samsung 64gd card

May have got the same one, YouSave? Not happy with it, gonna go with the 'Nillkin Matte Hard Plastic Case Shell ', I think. Plan on getting a card sometime soon aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

33€ for the samsung not bad i will be looking for a nice leather one for cards and money anyone know of any out there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Anyone have any feedback on battery life with the Zenfone 2, particularly the 2.3gHz/ 4gB ram version?

I've been debating this over one of the big 3 android brands. The only thing that's been concerning me is the talk of Lollipop induced battery drain. Is be great to get someone's first person perspective on daily distance with the 4gB ram version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

ok i expect a review on friday so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Cool, really interested in what you think of it once it arrives.

Is it the 2.3gHz version you ordered?

• Advertisement

I've got a 5inch at the moment so that extra 1/2 inch in the hand will be interesting to hold...

I'm talking about the fones BTW!

Just dispatched by Amazon via UPS :D

Just dispatched by Amazon via UPS :D

Mine too. Just as well,the missus put my nexus 5 through the washing machine this morning 😭😡

Mine too. Just as well,the missus put my nexus 5 through the washing machine this morning 😭😡

When did you order? My nexus 5 is on its last legs..

When did you order? My nexus 5 is on its last legs..

Yesterday morning

Aw no haha, at least you wont be long without one. Wouldn't be suprised if they arrived early either.

Just as I say it, tracking updated. Delivery expected by end of day tommorrow!

Just as I say it, tracking updated. Delivery expected by end of day tommorrow!

Good news,mine has been updated too

I,m soooo damn jealous!!! Arrrgghhhh

• Advertisement

I,m soooo damn jealous!!! Arrrgghhhh

Black is in stock on Amazon.it now

4gb/32gb??

4gb/32gb??

Not seeing black as available on Amazon, Asus are saying they'll 'Do their best to ship them this week'. 17 hours to order Silver and recive on Thursday.....which based on our orders really means Wednesday.......

Have you heard anything re the refund from Asus?

4gb/32gb??

My bad it's the 1.8GHz version

Not seeing black as available on Amazon, Asus are saying they'll 'Do their best to ship them this week'. 17 hours to order Silver and recive on Thursday.....which based on our orders really means Wednesday.......

Yeah they still seem to be awaiting stock of the black 4gb/32 gb. I,m really tempted now to cancel with asus and get the silver one from amazon. Its just that i already paid french-office for another month,but i guess i could write that off.

• Advertisement

Have you heard anything re the refund from Asus?

Nope not yet,if I don't hear by tomorrow I'll get on to them

Yeah they still seem to be awaiting stock of the black 4gb/32 gb. I,m really tempted now to cancel with asus and get the silver one from amazon. Its just that i already paid french-office for another month,but i guess i could write that off.

How much do FrenchOffice charge per month? Your call, the black doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now anyway. Whatever about the impatience factor, Amazon really do offer a good few advantages over Asus Dircetly.

Nope not yet,if I don't hear by tomorrow I'll get on to them

Yeah I'll do the same, just don't want to end up with 2 phones!

Yeah that sucks. Bpm-Lux only got 10 quid from me but for nothing. If you order from Amazon your guaranteed to have it this week.

How much do FrenchOffice charge per month? Your call, the black doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now anyway. Whatever about the impatience factor, Amazon really do offer a good few advantages over Asus Dircetly.

Yeah if i ordered today i might have it by friday.its only €7 euro for the month for french-office, but its also an extra €50 for the phone on amazon..hmmm decisions...decisions

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll do the same, just don't want to end up with 2 phones!

They sent an email confirming the order was cancelled so it should be ok

Yeah if i ordered today i might have it by friday.its only €7 euro for the month for french-office, but its also an extra €50 for the phone on amazon..hmmm decisions...decisions

I'm not sure about FrenchOffice but Amazon ended up about 20/25 more expensive than BPM for me. I think it's worth it just for the ease of returns, insured delivery, fast dispatch.

I'd say Asus will have to get through them in the next week or two with the US launch coming up, if you wait it out you (hopefully) won't be waiting too long.

The delivery cost using frenh office would be between €20 to €30 so it's not really that much extra with Amazon

The delivery cost using frenh office would be between €20 to €30 so it's not really that much extra with Amazon

Yeah thats a good point,i forgot about that. Well lads either way,when you get the phones i will be expecting a detailed write up on here :)

I'm not sure about FrenchOffice but Amazon ended up about 20/25 more expensive than BPM for me. I think it's worth it just for the ease of returns, insured delivery, fast dispatch.

I'd say Asus will have to get through them in the next week or two with the US launch coming up, if you wait it out you (hopefully) won't be waiting too long.

Yeah i think they are launching in usa on the 18th june.

Yeah thats a good point,i forgot about that. Well lads either way,when you get the phones i will be expecting a detailed write up on here :)

I think I could do the review now. I've read so much about it at this stage

Sure thing, Battery & Camera seem to be the only potential problems so far. Battery seems to be very subjective, a lot of the people complaining are people claiming to have gotten 2+ days out of their previous phones. 4+ hours Screen On Time and I'll be happy. Camera on the M7 was nothing to brag about either so I feel like it'll be an all round upgrade for me.

Going to be interesting to see how I feel about the Plastic/Size.

I think I could do the review now. I've read so much about it at this stage

When you cancelled with asus,how long did it take until you got the confirmation email?

When you cancelled with asus,how long did it take until you got the confirmation email?

I got it straight away

I got it straight away

Missed it at the time but looking at it now, me too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement