Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A smart watch with style

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Sobko wrote: »
    Have to say this looks amazing and comes with 40 pre installed faces.
    http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/01/the-huawei-watch-brings-serious-style-to-android-wear/

I tried out one of the LG g watches last week and was not impressed. The viewing angle Was terrible. its difficult to tell the time unless you are looking straight at the watch face. And there is no killer app yet just lots of annoying notifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It certainly looks like it'll be smarter on the wrist than some/most of the other ones out there, but I can't imagine the screen actually looking like it's a traditional watch.

What I liked about the Pebble Steel was that it didn't try to be a bad copy of an analogue watch, but embraced that it's a digital watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

Smart and stylish?

I was going to suggest something traditional and understated. I then realised the definition of 'smart' has changed in the last few years. Not for the better in my view.
    Sorry. Nothing to see here but an old man getting confused.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Similar approach to the admittedly quite smart looking Withings one then; so they clearly see the health & fitness angle as being the main use case; despite the FC being the least likely style of watch you'd expect to see someone exercising with!

2 year battery life is very impressive if they can get close to that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement