Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC NEW CABLE MODEN TECHNOCOLOR TC7200

• 02-03-2015 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am just wondering if anyone problems with the technocolor TC7200 modem
    as i have had two friends which have revived these modems and have had
    nothing but trouble since thay have been installed. I have been onto technical
    support about the troubles and they keep giving me so much crap on the phone
    is just unbelievable. And this is just the recent of many others i have been
    to that just got there modem changed and have had major problems.

1. They keeps saying that they are going to boost the signal to the modem
    The fact is that they are resting the modem and hoping for the best when
    i configured my friends modem with forwarding ports and changed the
    security key ha had rang me up and said that he could not get onto the
    internet but when i checked it out all the ports were gone and the
    security key had been changed back to the default one

2. They is no guarantee with wifi signal and that you should read the terms and conditions
    When he had the Thomson modem the wireless internet worked flawlessly
    and very very rarely had problems with it but since the new modem nothing but trouble

3. There is to many devices connected to the modem
    The friend has 10 devices connected to the modem and never had trouble with the other one.
    device 1 Playstation 3
    2 iphone 4s
    3 ipad
    4 iomega hdd media played
    5 nabi
    6 cctv
    7 smart tv
    8 freeview satellite box with iptv
    9 2 x laptops

4. There must be somethine wrong with the laptop wireless
    When he got the new modem the laptop would not connect to the internet but i connected
    a net gear router to the same modem and he was able to connect to teh internet with that
    but when it connected it to the TC7200 it would not get the internet. When the engerneer
    came out he said that there must be a compatibality issue with the laptop connecting
    to the modem but it was not the modems fault but yet it worked great with the netgear
    and said that if he wanted wireless that he would have to use the netgear

Comments

Pretty much all of UPC's provided modems are rubbish. You're better off bridging it and using your own wireless router, but this is only possible if you have an IPv4 address. If you're on IPv6 DS-Lite then it won't work.

Connect a better router and follow the instructions in the first post to bridge the Thomson or Technicolor.:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057106714

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tarzon

With the thomson modem i never had a problem with it and the wifi was great the problem i have is that the thomson modem had blown and they replaced it with the technocolor tc7200 and its the worst modem i have ever had experance with and they dont have the option for bridging in it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Guide to getting the most out of your UPC modems here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057367191

And yes, all UPC modems can be bridged, it is just hidden and a little tricky.

Advertisement