Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beck dublin june 17th

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

BECK & Guests Radiohead's JONNY GREENWOOD & LC Orchestra ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM JUNE 17TH Tkts €57.50 Inc BFee On Sale This Friday, 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Good news. Wasn't going to be able to do a weekday jaunt to Cork. At least they announced it before Cork went on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

oh excellent, had considered the drive down and back but this is great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

What's Kilmainham like as a venue?

Was hoping he might play the Olympia or even Iveagh Gardens

Been a while since I've been at a gig there (was Iggy Pop I believe 4/5 years ago?) but it's like a bigger Iveagh Gardens. A wider setup than the long one in Iveagh Gardens. If the weather is good it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Was at the last Lennie Cohen one there, it's a great venue if the weather is good, easy to get in and out of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

blur , a couple of summers ago was as bad a gig i have ever been to in regards organisation.

congestion and queues everywhere. plus the bottlekneck at the gates when large crowds leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What's with all the big midweek gigs? Promoters make more profit at these? Meh. Love Beck, not loving the ^ report about a badly organised venue, nor the midweek time. Might have to give this a miss.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What's Kilmainham like as a venue?

Was hoping he might play the Olympia or even Iveagh Gardens

It was grand for Biffy last summer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its only like a 7,500 capacity set up for the gigs like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wouldn't mind seeing Beck again, he was bloody amazing at EP last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Beans_On wrote: »
    blur , a couple of summers ago was as bad a gig i have ever been to in regards organisation.

congestion and queues everywhere. plus the bottlekneck at the gates when large crowds leaving.

I was at that too, appalling organisation, queues for everything, the bars were ridiculous.

Then on the way out it was bordering on dangerous

So after the blur gig I swore I would never go near this venue again. Music way too low, the most ridiculous queue for a beer I have ever seen, and the risk of death trying to leave the narrow exit. Did transition year students organise it?

Then I get an email from MCD, beck Friday the 17th, feck it, not a bad way to start the weekend. Confirmation email States Wednesday the 17th.

Sheeeeeeet, the Friday was the deal maker. Anyone else see the incorrect day on the ad? I don't know if I could be arsed risking my life for a Wednesday night gig

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

<rant>After that blur gig I told myself I wouldn't go to a outdoor gig like that in Dublin again.

In addition to the awful organisation and low sound levels there seemed to be an incredibly large number of people there who had no interest whatsoever in the gig itself and just wanted to chat with their mates......this coupled with the low sound levels made for a very frustrating experience.</rant>

Still, picked up tickets for Beck anyway!

I haven't seen him since he supported Radiohead in Marley Park a good few years back but he always puts on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Won tickets for this one yesterday :)

Anyone know what to expect from Jonny Greenwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

*bleep, bleep, blop*
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Al70

Re concerns about setup I agree the Bur gig was horrendous (I was lucky enough to be in the pit) Last years setup was totally different, smaller and worked very well. I was at both Jack White and Elbow and they were both relaxed with no queues at all. I imagine the setup will be similar for Beck

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

is johnny greenwood playing with beck in cork or is this just a dublin thing

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

They play some stuff from his soundtracks, some of his other compositions and some covers

There's a video of one of their concerts from last year here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8GR1msPpo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Morrison J

He's just released a new tune. Hopefully gets an airing Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dots104

Anyone know the set times or have a guess. I see the gates open at 18:30

I'd say MCD will announce the stage times on their Twitter and/or Facebook pages on the day of the gig or the day before.

Morrison J wrote: »
    He's just released a new tune. Hopefully gets an airing Wednesday.

Really liking that! Sounds like it would be a lot of fun live. :D

I have to pack in as much Beck as I can before Wednesday night; I bought my ticket on the strength of "Morning Phase" (which was one of my favourite albums of last year) but a glance at recent selists indicates that he's not playing much from that album at the moment. I'm not actually all that familiar with his back catalogue, bar his most famous ones, but have listened to a few here and there and most of what I have heard I've really liked. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Anyone know what this venue is like for parking??

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=9398305&ar=beck

"Fans attending are advised that there is no parking at the venue and to use public transport and city centre car parks."

There is paid parking at Heuston Station and at Heuston South Quarter. There is some on street parking nearby but it's very limited. You could also do the Park & Ride at the Red Cow Luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Does anyone have information on stage times? Maybe I missed it but can't find any details anywhere

Not announced yet. Is there a third support act or just the two? I wouldn't be surprised if it's Johnny at 7.30 Beck at 8.40 if it's the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Toast wrote: »
    Not announced yet. Is there a third support act or just the two? I wouldn't be surprised if it's Johnny at 7.30 Beck at 8.40 if it's the two.

I thought Johnny was playing with Beck? So I assumed no support, but then only info MCD have provided is show 6:30?!?!

6.30pm would be when the gates open. The support is probably on about an hour after that.

• Advertisement

Advertisement