Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome Synced All My Data to Someone Elses Profile

• 02-03-2015 10:31am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was signed into chrome on a laptop I used in work temporarily about 7 months ago. When I was finished using this laptop, I signed out of Chrome and cleared my data from it. A couple of months ago, someone else in work started using this laptop. She signed into her chrome account on this laptop and after a couple of weeks when she browsed to a website i.e twitter, facebook, netflix...it autofilled with my details (username, password). Not only that, but her personal laptop which she uses at home, signed into this chrome account has somehow had all my usernames and passwords transferred to it.
    I have manually cleared all my details from her work laptop but this is still happening with her personal computer. Take into account, none of my details were saved into chrome when she began using it. No autofill was coming up into url or search bars. The only link is we have signed into our respective accounts on the same laptop, months apart...and then my details transferred to her personal computer, which I have never used.

Then randomly, today my bookmarks synced to her account on work laptop...

Windows 7 on work laptop / Windows 8 on her personal laptop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Chrome , did you use the delete profile function top right of the browser ? same thing happened to me only i failed to delete the cached password and it auto filled found my then GF treating herself to my gmail account , saying nothing the sly little dog.

just tested it i removed my two profiles from log in page and then top right i get a key symbol , even after removing both accounts from the chrome page it still has my passwords cached , if you lcick it you will see the array of managed passwords and again i have to remove from there to stop auto fill and so on. I thought removal of the profile from the login area was enough but obv not ???

Looking in there myself i tend to not use cached passwords yet ive a bloddy tonne of them there. Was the new user using your old domain profile renamed i wonder ?

ps you can only see the password manager after you delete from the login cache area it appears top right of the url ie for gmail , then in there you may be surprised as to how much it has stored. I even did the same as you when i found the GF in my sh1t , remove delete steps and boom she was in again, not until i removed from the password manager did it stop.

Advertisement