If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector

Options
  • 02-03-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey guys, in the market for a projector. Looking to spend about 600e.The benq w1070  looks promising , what about the optoma hd141x  can't seem to make up my mind any help appreciated.  Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

radeontser wrote: »
    Hey guys, in the market for a projector. Looking to spend about 600e.The benq w1070  looks promising , what about the optoma hd141x  can't seem to make up my mind any help appreciated.  Thanks 

Radeonster,

thanks for the post and yep, its a tough call!

The W1070 is by far our most popular projector and we sell lots of these and universally everyone is happy with them - the HD141 also has great specs but most people do seem to prefer the W1070 when we demo the two side by side ( using our famous table tennis bat PJ demo!)

The W1070 also has slightly better connectivity and is a white unit which many people prefer - and of course the W1070 is also 3D - we have both available from our main warehouse for despatch and ( especially given the current rates) they are great value in euro at the moment:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200760-hd141x.aspx

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12120-w1070.aspx

Whatever you do, get a decent screen to match your PJ - if you give us your throw distance we will have a look at a screen for you and we can normally do a package price for you if you are getting a PJ and screen together.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 radeontser

Wow quick response thanks,
    Yea have to say from what I read I was leaning towards the w1070. Is there much difference in fan noise between the two.
    Already have a screen sorted but thanks for the advice  

Wow quick response thanks,
    Yea have to say from what I read I was leaning towards the w1070. Is there much difference in fan noise between the two.
    Already have a screen sorted but thanks for the advice  
    They are both really quiet but on paper the HD141 is slightly more silent!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 radeontser

Pm sent !

Pm sent !
    Thanks for that - keep us posted when you get it - dying to hear what you think!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.