Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which garmin forerunner to get

• 02-03-2015 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    Was thinking of getting a garmin forerunner 210.I got the edge 500 bundle for my bike a couple of months ago and love it. I just need watch to record all rather then bringing the phone. I run a good few 10k's and hoping to do a few adventure races this year. any advise welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,667 ✭✭✭✭ted1

evilc wrote: »
    Hi
    Was thinking of getting a garmin forerunner 210.I got the edge 500 bundle for my bike a couple of months ago and love it. I just need watch to record all rather then bringing the phone. I run a good few 10k's and hoping to do a few adventure races this year. any advise welcome.

Thanks
    Just make sure it does multi sport. I have the 110 and it only does running. Mao whenever it uploads to Strava it says that I have been running. It's amazing how upset runners get if you don't edit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I have the 310XT. No problem with recording on the bike or running, and more accurate than the phone apps I had previously. I do find the HRM a bit of a ballache to get consistent readings from though (dropped readings between it and the phone), even after following the advice of wetting it first.

If you're going to get into Tri's I think the ones like 910 are better for swimming (I think you can set pool length and stuff like that to record training).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

I have the 210, just be aware it's not waterproof so if you've triathlons in the back of your mind take that into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 evilc

I have the 210, just be aware it's not waterproof so if you've triathlons in the back of your mind take that into consideration.

Thanks all. I don't swim so won't need to get it wet.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have a 110 for a year and 1/2. It would do you fine for running or cycling. Other watches above it allow you to do more stuff but the 110 is fine to track your runs and upload to Garmin. I can also do intervals on it when running. If you are going to do swimming the 910x seems the better option.

Advertisement