Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues registering my mortgage account online

Options
  • 02-03-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Recently was pleased to see i could now add my mortgage account to my online current account. Im currently out of the country so it would be a welcome facility to keep up to date with everything. Adding it seems like it should be a simple process, email mortgage number phone number but having tried 4-5 times over the last 5 weeks or so i continuously get the message several days after attempting the process "Your recent request to register your Mortgage Account has been unsuccessful." The first time I thought perhaps an incorrect digit to blame so next time and every time since ive double checked my double checks. But same result. No explanation as to why so ive rung up customer services and over a 20 minutes call and speaking to about 3 agents i was assured that effort would succeed. But it certainly didnt. Its not life or death but at stage frustrated. Help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

darlett wrote: »
    Recently was pleased to see i could now add my mortgage account to my online current account. Im currently out of the country so it would be a welcome facility to keep up to date with everything. Adding it seems like it should be a simple process, email mortgage number phone number but having tried 4-5 times over the last 5 weeks or so i continuously get the message several days after attempting the process "Your recent request to register your Mortgage Account has been unsuccessful." The first time I thought perhaps an incorrect digit to blame so next time and every time since ive double checked my double checks. But same result. No explanation as to why so ive rung up customer services and over a 20 minutes call and speaking to about 3 agents i was assured that effort would succeed. But it certainly didnt. Its not life or death but at stage frustrated. Help?
    Hi darlett,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

Sorry to hear that your request to add this mortgage account for viewing has been unsuccessful. To clarify, have you been requesting to add the account through the Online Service Desk and then choosing the "Add your Account option"?

One reason why your requests may have been unsuccessful would be that details such as your name or address on the Mortgage account do not match your existing account that is online. If the representatives you have been speaking to have confirmed your details match on both accounts, your request to add your BOI Mortgage account should then be successful the next time you submit the request. 

If these details have been confirmed to match on both accounts and your request has still been rejected, please send us a private message here and we will be happy to arrange a call back to you. A representative will then be able to go through with you the steps for adding your Mortgage account online.

Please include in your private message your full name and contact number (please do not include any account numbers). To send us a private message please click the link in my signature below, you will need to have signatures set to display on your Boards settings to do this.

Please note that former ICS Mortgage accounts are not currently available to be added for viewing online.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Hello Sarah,
    Many thanks for your reply and suggestion that perhaps the address details didnt match for each account. I thought they would have but on the off chance they didnt I updated my current account address. And it worked! I must have made some discrepancy between the two as the first one was set up about 20 years ago.
    Issue resolved, thanks to you I'm pleased again ;)

Kind regards,
    darlett

Hi darlett,

Sorry to hear that your request to add this mortgage account for viewing has been unsuccessful. To clarify, have you been requesting to add the account through the Online Service Desk and then choosing the "Add your Account option"?

One reason why your requests may have been unsuccessful would be that details such as your name or address on the Mortgage account do not match your existing account that is online. If the representatives you have been speaking to have confirmed your details match on both accounts, your request to add your BOI Mortgage account should then be successful the next time you submit the request. 

If these details have been confirmed to match on both accounts and your request has still been rejected, please send us a private message here and we will be happy to arrange a call back to you. A representative will then be able to go through with you the steps for adding your Mortgage account online.

Please include in your private message your full name and contact number (please do not include any account numbers). To send us a private message please click the link in my signature below, you will need to have signatures set to display on your Boards settings to do this.

Please note that former ICS Mortgage accounts are not currently available to be added for viewing online.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

darlett wrote: »
    Hello Sarah,
    Many thanks for your reply and suggestion that perhaps the address details didnt match for each account. I thought they would have but on the off chance they didnt I updated my current account address. And it worked! I must have made some discrepancy between the two as the first one was set up about 20 years ago.
    Issue resolved, thanks to you I'm pleased again ;)

Kind regards,
    darlett

Hi darlett,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi darlett,

Glad to hear that everything has been resolved and thanks for letting us know, get in touch again if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola 

Advertisement