Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Castlebar to Watch Rugby and Soccer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    Ah now, Flynns is well known in town in fairness, the owners are dead on, some the clientele might be a tad shady! :D

You all got me intrigued now I'll have to go in for a look.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

irishgeo wrote: »
    You all got me intrigued now I'll have to go in for a look.

Youll get eaten up in there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

yop wrote: »
    Youll get eaten up in there ;)

ill need a bodyguard.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

There used to be a shower of cvnts who went into Flynns when they were located on Linenhall St.......I don't think those fellas are even around town anymore.

I think the reputation from the old location has unfairly followed them around the corner to their current location.

I'm not saying I'd bring my wife out on a date to Flynns, but it's far from the Wild West Saloon.

Now that I think about it, I remember seeing a crowd of Dubs smoking outside Flynns a couple of years ago. Well they were wearing Dublin jerseys so I assume they were Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

Flynn's is a decent pub, they have done more for Mayo darts then any pub in Mayo.
    Why it's the home of Mayo Darts.
    http://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/sport/24946-mayo-men-s-darts-team-capture-all-ireland-title

Promotes local bands, has an outstanding pool team and gives a good nod to horse racing. If any of these things scare you then i advise that you stay in Bosch !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

6541 wrote: »
    Flynn's is a decent pub, they have done more for Mayo darts then any pub in Mayo.
    Why it's the home of Mayo Darts.
    http://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/sport/24946-mayo-men-s-darts-team-capture-all-ireland-title

Promotes local bands, has an outstanding pool team and gives a good nod to horse racing. If any of these things scare you then i advise that you stay in Bosch !

Don't Bosh have the best darts team in the town?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Don't Bosh have the best darts team in the town?

Bosh are the current champs but the pub doesn't promote darts at all. Tony Flynn is the Chairman of the Mayo Darts Association and has done so much over the past few years to promote Castlebar and County darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Tolsters Spencer is good pub for watching sports. Soccer and racing are staples but they have a number of TVs,

Meals provided, and ample carparking at rear

• Registered Users Posts: 7 umaguma

So where did ye end up afterall?

Advertisement