Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Just picked up Tomb Raider, Knack and Killzone. Ordered Bloodborne from Amazon.fr last week too. Never ever played any of the previous games, dark souls etc. Really excited to try it and give up after a few hours lol.

Kinda have fallen in love with my ps4 again since Revelations 2 came out. Last game I got and played was TLoU in the summer.

Any other games I should be keeping an eye out for now or in the next few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition in Xtravision in Cavan pre owned for €15 yesterday. Is it worth it lads?

Definitely. If you like GTA you'll like this.if you don't like GTA you'll still like this. Good story and enjoyable, even with the minor bugs.

Picked mine up for $18 AUD more fun out of it then some games I've bought for 4 times that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Otacon wrote: »
    ???

You can, I thought. Spotify is a 'thin' app, meaning it can be played while you are playing games.

I didn't realise that. Worked great with GTAV last night, especially as I could control it with my phone! Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,816 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Roar wrote: »
    and being able to control on your phone is a massive plus.

What is this witchcraft you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Kiith wrote: »
    That's actually brilliant. Will have to put on some Bach while playing Bloodborne to try and keep me calm :P

The jaws music might be more fitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What is this witchcraft you speak of?

If you have the Spotify app on your phone, connected to the same account, on the same wi-fi network (your PS4 can be wired), you can control what plays on the PS4 through your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Icaras wrote: »
    The jaws music might be more fitting.

I raise you Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain...

On the phone so can't link properly.

Mussorgsky - Night On Bald Mountain: http://youtu.be/iCEDfZgDPS8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A new limited edition PlayStation 4 is being released, bundled with Batman: Arkham Knight.

16798011749_39e4f43d6c_z.jpg

BatmanBundle1.jpg

BatmanBundle3.jpg

Personally, I would prefer if it didn't have the "Batman: Arkham Knight" text on it. I do like the controller though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

DAT CONTROLLER :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Anyone know how much extra those special edition consoles tend to cost?

That Batman console is calling to me like a searchlight in the Gotham skyline.

• Advertisement

Generally €50 more

• Registered Users Posts: 29,816 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If you have the Spotify app on your phone, connected to the same account, on the same wi-fi network (your PS4 can be wired), you can control what plays on the PS4 through your phone.

Thanks man, I had the app on my phone but got sick of it only playing random songs instead of letting me play from my playlists (Cheapo freebie user here). Might download it again to test that out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Faker74 wrote: »
    Anyone know how much extra those special edition consoles tend to cost?

That Batman console is calling to me like a searchlight in the Gotham skyline.

Retail price is 449$ so probably expect it to be €449 here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I already own a PS4 but I'd really like that Batman one, so it's fitting when I say "it's the console I deserve but not the one I need right now"... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thanks man, I had the app on my phone but got sick of it only playing random songs instead of letting me play from my playlists (Cheapo freebie user here). Might download it again to test that out though.

You should, it's well worth it, can control every aspect including volume through the phone, no need to leave the game or hit the Ps button for songs.

I'm really impressed at how well integrated and polished it is, I guess I've gotten used to half ass launches and releases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Playstation Flow :pac:
    Took me a minute or 2 to realise the date...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Same, kinda bad that Sony releasing something so stupid wasn't so unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Varik wrote: »
    Same, kinda of bad that Sony releasing stunting so stupid wasn't so unbelievable.

I'd just woken up and checked my email with the big sleepy head on me, took me longer than it should have to realise it...
    "That's the most stupid f*cking thing I've ever hear...oh" :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Tbh, I wouldn't but it past them to ACTUALLY release something so stupid like this in the future lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

A new limited edition PlayStation 4 is being released, bundled with Batman: Arkham Knight.

BatmanBundle1.jpg

BatmanBundle3.jpg

Personally, I would prefer if it didn't have the "Batman: Arkham Knight" text on it. I do like the controller though.

Any chance they will ever sell that controller separately?

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    Any chance they will ever sell that controller separately?

It's just silver so it's likely.

But if it's like the ds3 it's just a painted white one, the silver will scratch and come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

BatmanBundle1.jpg

BatmanBundle3.jpg

Silver: Batman's favourite colour.

bar97-silversuit.jpg

You would need to have a HDMI input on the laptop for it to work.

There are ways but I'll add a lot of latency

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Yeah realised it was probably not going to work so deleted comment cheers... Might even buy a PS TV with the price of them now, seems interesting enough although a Vita may be the better purchase...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Anyone having problems connecting to the store? Haven't been able to get in all day.

Yeah realised it was probably not going to work so deleted comment cheers... Might even buy a PS TV with the price of them now, seems interesting enough although a Vita may be the better purchase...

Get both, for 50 you'll find a use for the PlayStation TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Picked up a ps TV and have to say I'm very disappointed, even with download speed of 26mb and upload of 8mb the remote play is essentially unusable. Skips and jumps like crazy and makes any sort of fast paced game unplayable. Would have rathered a vita.

Anyone having problems connecting to the store? Haven't been able to get in all day.

There was store issues with access from PS3 today but it was fixed 2-3 hours ago.

• Advertisement

Picked up a ps TV and have to say I'm very disappointed, even with download speed of 26mb and upload of 8mb the remote play is essentially unusable. Skips and jumps like crazy and makes any sort of fast paced game unplayable. Would have rathered a vita.

What's the network setup on each End

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement