Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

January sales are now displaying on PS store

Sweet, thanks for the update. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Damien360 wrote: »
    A bigger problem is the selling price. €75 for a new game is silly. Prices pitched closer to €40 is more reasonable. I would love to see a sales chart for games based on sale price. Guarantee it spikes when the sale price drops.

The people who pay 75 euro for a game are the silly ones, games can be easily picked up 15-25 Euro cheaper than that.

No worries! Purchases so far for me have been Jackbox Party Pack 2 (€15), Dust: An Elysian Tail (€4 with PS Plus). Being swayed by Dishonoured @ €15, even though I owned and completed it on Xbox 360, The Talos Principle @ €19.99.

If you're into adventure games, especially point 'n' click ones, then Broken Age is definitely worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Plants vs Zombies is at 75% discount. Are there many people still playing it?

Still a good few playing. I play it from time to time and find matches easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Plants vs Zombies is at 75% discount. Are there many people still playing it?

got this for free last year when ea gave it away at playstation experience

• Advertisement

got this for free last year when ea gave it away at playstation experience

What's the gameplay like? The price it's on now makes it a tempting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Honestly I only played two or three games since I got it but what I played was fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

No worries! Purchases so far for me have been Jackbox Party Pack 2 (€15), Dust: An Elysian Tail (€4 with PS Plus). Being swayed by Dishonoured @ €15, even though I owned and completed it on Xbox 360, The Talos Principle @ €19.99.

If you're into adventure games, especially point 'n' click ones, then Broken Age is definitely worth a shot.

Broken Age was one of the free ps+ games a few months ago. I have a few hours played,I must get back into it.

There are a few different modes to play from and give a bit of variety.

The welcome mat is handy for beginners as its just team deathmatch.

Garden ops is probably the most fun, you go through 10 rounds with 3 other players holding off swarms of zombies from destroying your garden.

I take it games bought on the store are non-refundable even if it is for the wrong console?

I bought the taken king for ps3 instead of 4 and didn't realise on the store till I checked download list.

Has anyone any experience on a refund? I know its a long shot but it's no use to me on the ps3

• Advertisement

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Broken Age was one of the free ps+ games a few months ago. I have a few hours played,I must get back into it.

It's got such a lovely art style and really harks back to the likes of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango.

Don't think I'll get Garden Warfare and Dishonoured would have been nothing but an impulse buy. Silly sales, making me spend my money needlessly!

The plastic on my left thumbstick is looking at bit disheveled. Anyone able to recommend grips (whether they're actually good!) or even if it's possible to replace it? Don't really want to buy a new controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

The plastic on my left thumbstick is looking at bit disheveled. Anyone able to recommend grips (whether they're actually good!) or even if it's possible to replace it? Don't really want to buy a new controller.

I got grips today will post tomorrow on their effectiveness

I got grips today will post tomorrow on their effectiveness

Please do. Will wait til you post before I buy some. Make sure you let me know which ones you got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,327 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have a spare pair here for the Xbox but I'm sure they will fit the PS4.

If you want to PM me your address I'll pop them in the post for you Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Trying to setup my PS4 but it won't let me sign in, keeps throwing up an error. Is PSN down? I was able to download a system update first but nothing on the sign in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

DubDJ wrote: »
    Trying to setup my PS4 but it won't let me sign in, keeps throwing up an error. Is PSN down? I was able to download a system update first but nothing on the sign in.

All is fine for me, this is a good status page:

https://status.playstation.com/en-ie/

All is fine for me, this is a good status page:

https://status.playstation.com/en-ie/

Thanks for that, I found it just a minute ago. Just needed to restart console and router, working perfectly now. Downloading a game now, flying along.

Have noticed that my right thumbstick has become very sluggish, making a lot of FPS online games unplayable. Even on the highest sensitivity, which is how I play a lot of those games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The control has very poor build quality compared to previous generations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

I take it games bought on the store are non-refundable even if it is for the wrong console?

Had the same issue a couple of weeks ago and was refunded within a couple of days. Apparently it's judged on a case by case basis but in my case (and yours), they saw I didn't have a ps3 to download it to so they accepted my refund request. Very easy mistake to make to be honest!

PSN is down, I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

PSN is down, I think!

Yep, down for maintenance it says :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

It'll be a joke for the next week or so with all the new owners getting set up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Maintenance my arse, the servers are getting hammered I'd say and PSN is too crap to handle it. Still means it's been a good Christmas for Sony!

Wonder if it's just overloaded or whether it's being attacked again. I foresee tonnes of people having very disappointed kids. I actually texted a radio station during the week to say that if you're buying a next gen console of any kind, hook it up and let it do whatever updates are required, because the servers will be jam packed or down completely, before you wrap it up.

Don't think they read it out though.

Have GTA V installing the last 90 minutes, and now PSN is down :p Perfect timing but kind of expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wonder if it's just overloaded or whether it's being attacked again. I foresee tonnes of people having very disappointed kids. I actually texted a radio station during the week to say that if you're buying a next gen console of any kind, hook it up and let it do whatever updates are required, because the servers will be jam packed or down completely, before you wrap it up.

Don't think they read it out though.

Yeah it's at a point were retailers should be warning parents I feel.

I'd say it's just traffic at the moment that's causing the issue but it could on a while and you're 100% right about the poor kids.

Bring back the mega drive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Yeah bought one for the young lad. Connected it to internet and set up username but cannot log in. I presume after that I enter in the code that I paid fifty euros for ?

• Advertisement

Yeah it's at a point were retailers should be warning parents I feel.

I'd say it's just traffic at the moment that's causing the issue but it could on a while and you're 100% right about the poor kids.

Bring back the mega drive!

Exactly. The retailers should definitely inform any customers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement