Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Exactly. The retailers should definitely inform any customers.

Reminds of of the half life 2 launch and retailers were warning customers that they would need to download the game from the internet even though they had a physical game in their hands :P. I believe it was just patches that needed but you still needed the net to log into and create a steam account at the time. Of Course back then we did not have the connectivity that we do today so they were also bogged to hell for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I get that retailers should inform customers but surely most people would have got their kids physical copies of the games and you don't necessarily have to have it online for the first day or so anyway if you didn't want to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PSN working fine here all morning. Must be just all the sign ups and updates download requests that are effected as the same files being requested all the time acts just like a DDos attack so PSN tries to protect itself and blocks them. I can use the store and play online ok given the day that's in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Folks what's the best fps online game?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I'd imagine it'd be Call Of Duty Black Ops 3 at the moment. Rainbow Six Siege aint a bad game if you're into tactical shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Black ops 3 is easy to get into. Battlefield 4 is a bit more complex but bigger and deeper. Battlefront for the Star Wars nerds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Battlefield 4.. Only a tenner on the ps sale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭ebbsy

PSN working fine here all morning. Must be just all the sign ups and updates download requests that are effected as the same files being requested all the time acts just like a DDos attack so PSN tries to protect itself and blocks them. I can use the store and play online ok given the day that's in it.

you are right, as i have just been able to sign in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reminds of of the half life 2 launch and retailers were warning customers that they would need to download the game from the internet even though they had a physical game in their hands :P. I believe it was just patches that needed but you still needed the net to log into and create a steam account at the time. Of Course back then we did not have the connectivity that we do today so they were also bogged to hell for ages.

You had to register on steam. The servers got absolutely hammered that day, I was one of the lucky few with no problems. Took a few years for people to warm to steam but in the early days it was absolute junk :€

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

It can't be a complete disaster they can still play the games, it's not like when you got a remote control car and somebody forgot to get batteries.

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    I get that retailers should inform customers but surely most people would have got their kids physical copies of the games and you don't necessarily have to have it online for the first day or so anyway if you didn't want to?

Don't consoles have to download software updates when you first turn them on though? If the servers are being hit & overloaded, then does this mean that they cannot download these updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Don't consoles have to download software updates when you first turn them on though? If the servers are being hit & overloaded, then does this mean that they cannot download these updates?

Set up mine today.
    Updates only lasted 30 minutes or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Liordi wrote: »
    Set up mine today.
    Updates only lasted 30 minutes or so.

Mine were even quicker, took about 10 minutes to download and install.

So far, so good with servers this Christmas. Haven't had one issue because of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I thought that from reading here but mines set up since last week and I'm in the sticks with no Internet and had no problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Are US download codes US only?

http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-League-PS4-Digital-Code/dp/B010R8DUFQ

On PC 90% are fine but there are some exceptions. Anyone know?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Are US download codes US only?

http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-League-PS4-Digital-Code/dp/B010R8DUFQ

On PC 90% are fine but there are some exceptions. Anyone know?

thanks
    Redeem codes are region locked meaning US codes only work for US account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Redeem codes are region locked meaning US codes only work for US account

Sony treat countries and regions (scee/scea/scej) differently in some cases.

currency codes are country specific, but games are Sony region specific (US codes work on a Canadian account and visa versa.

Not sure about plus membership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is no one having issues with hackers on PS4?... On steam I am logged in then when I go to wallet it's showing details of another user... This hack is ridiculous, while it is somewhat not related to PS4 I heard the PS4 was being hacked too, is this the case?...

Is no one having issues with hackers on PS4?... On steam I am logged in then when I go to wallet it's showing details of another user... This hack is ridiculous, while it is somewhat not related to PS4 I heard the PS4 was being hacked too, is this the case?...

Ya there's supposedly meant to have been one according to Twitter. Think the main issues is the new additions to PSN is causing havoc to servers.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ya there's supposedly meant to have been one according to Twitter. Think the main issues is the new additions to PSN is causing havoc to servers.

This attack on Steam is worse than last year to be honest, although it may not last as long... I got €8 took out of my account and never got what I paid for... Place is going crazy it's ridiculous...

• Advertisement

This attack on Steam is worse than last year to be honest, although it may not last as long... I got €8 took out of my account and never got what I paid for... Place is going crazy it's ridiculous...

Are you not protected if you use PayPal?

madcabbage wrote: »
    Are you not protected if you use PayPal?

Yeah if you do use PayPal you are, I was using Steam wallet I think it was just the time I purchased it got hacked straight away... Even if I contact Steam, I will be waiting a week for a reply :rolleyes: that's how bad their customer service is and people think the PS Network is bad :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The steam thing isn't a hack apparently hey just royally ****ed up in the last update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The steam thing isn't a hack apparently hey just royally ****ed up in the last update.

Thats what theyre saying but im not sure I believe that. If anything, theyre not giving credit to the hacking ****, and its the attention they crave, like electrolytes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thats what theyre saying but im not sure I believe that. If anything, theyre not giving credit to the hacking ****, and its the attention they crave, like electrolytes.

Fair play if that's the case, big thing to take responsibility for and deprive those cretins of any bit of credit.

Thank God the only card I had associated with my Steam account is long since expired and cut up, but I may have €5 in my steam wallet. Sure, they can have that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So a question about regionality on game codes. My girlfriend got me a bundled ps4 from canada and got it shipped here. The hardware works fine but the redeemable code is region locked. How would I go about swapping the code (drake uncharted collection?? Considering my prospective client would be in canada and I'm in ireland, what could they offer in return considering what they have would be region locked to there too. Jesus I sound like such a christmas noob but I'm new to PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

duploelabs wrote: »
    So a question about regionality on game codes. My girlfriend got me a bundled ps4 from canada and got it shipped here. The hardware works fine but the redeemable code is region locked. How would I go about swapping the code (drake uncharted collection?? Considering my prospective client would be in canada and I'm in ireland, what could they offer in return considering what they have would be region locked to there too. Jesus I sound like such a christmas noob but I'm new to PS4

Set up a Canadian pan account. Set the account to primary account. Redeem code. Login to usual account. Content will then be available

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

duploelabs wrote: »

Make a Canadian account and download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

padair wrote: »
    Set up a Canadian pan account. Set the account to primary account. Redeem code. Login to usual account. Content will then be available

So then the Canadian game will be available to all accounts on the ps4 once I download it with my Canadian account or do I have to log in to that account to just play that game?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement