Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

What are the possible ramifications if it is discovered that I'm region bypassing?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

duploelabs wrote: »
    So then the Canadian game will be available to all accounts on the ps4 once I download it with my Canadian account or do I have to log in to that account to just play that game?

It will be available to other PSN accounts (i.e. your Irish account) as long as it's on the same PS4 as the Canadian account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

This seems to be going against the grain with a lot opinions at the minute, but Santy brought SW Battlefront PS4 and me and the son are having an absolute blast playing it. Admittedly we're both Star Wars nerds but I'm a veteran of PC shooters like CS, Arma and Battlefield. There is something very pure about SW:BF. OK "pure" might also be described as simplistic, but what it does it does well.

Hopefully EA are listening to concerns and addressing the issue with lack of content, if they do I can see myself playing this for a while... and hearing the wee lad laughing like a loon as he romps around as Darth Vader never gets old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

James74 wrote: »
    This seems to be going against the grain with a lot opinions at the minute, but Santy brought SW Battlefront PS4 and me and the son are having an absolute blast playing it. Admittedly we're both Star Wars nerds but I'm a veteran of PC shooters like CS, Arma and Battlefield. There is something very pure about SW:BF. OK "pure" might also be described as simplistic, but what it does it does well.

Hopefully EA are listening to concerns and addressing the issue with lack of content, if they do I can see myself playing this for a while... and hearing the wee lad laughing like a loon as he romps around as Darth Vader never gets old.

Yeah as much as I'm a devoted Star wars fan, The battlefront edition could've really done with a story mode or at least a few more missions rather than just free for alls, they managed it brilliantly with bad company so why not here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

If by pure you mean simple then yes. I think DICE was going for casual more than anything else however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well if santy brought it you can only really have been playing it since yesterday. See if you feel the same come monday. Initially i thought it looked and played great but after 10-15 hours i started to feel id seen all the game had to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What are the possible ramifications if it is discovered that I'm region bypassing?

None whatsoever, it has been done since the PS3 days.

Xenji wrote: »
    None whatsoever, it has been done since the PS3 days.

Ah OK. I know that with Netflix if they catch you bypassing regions with VPNs, they will cancel your account. So no ramifications at all? Could they potentially block your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

Please do. Will wait til you post before I buy some. Make sure you let me know which ones you got!

These are the grips fitted

4hbozt.jpg

And in package.. I bought them from adverts..

8wxglj.jpg

They seem decent.. I peeled some of the existing joystick cover off which was bad idea.. You want them tight... Maybe a little glue dot when fitting..

So far so good
    Thanks
    Mick

Will you get back to me in about a week or so, when you've got a good amount of gaming done? Would be interesting to see how they feel then, if you notice a difference.

Played my first game of Battlefield 4 (think that's the one?) earlier. Was absolutely awful, but got better gradually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ah OK. I know that with Netflix if they catch you bypassing regions with VPNs, they will cancel your account. So no ramifications at all? Could they potentially block your account?

Has this ever actually happened to anyone? Been flicking between regions on Netflix for the last two years with no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

Will you get back to me in about a week or so, when you've got a good amount of gaming done? Would be interesting to see how they feel then, if you notice a difference.

Played my first game of Battlefield 4 (think that's the one?) earlier. Was absolutely awful, but got better gradually.

Will do.. Played fair bit of fifa yesterday...

Anyone spot games bargains on sales?
    After copy of batman
    Thanks
    Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ive a spare pair knocking around. PM me your address and I'll send them on first thing Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Will do.. Played fair bit of fifa yesterday...

Anyone spot games bargains on sales?
    After copy of batman
    Thanks
    Mick

Think I seen Arkham Knight in Argos last week for €28

J. Marston wrote: »
    Has this ever actually happened to anyone? Been flicking between regions on Netflix for the last two years with no problem.

I've found some accounts of people that have been caught, yes. It's definitely in their T&Cs, but I don't know how much they actually implement it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whats the best way to buy Rocket League as a gift?

Uk Amazon doesnt seem to have any download games in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Bad form Sony - got a PS4 for Christmas and just got around to opening it this afternoon. No messing, I'm at this about 2-3 hours now, installing update after update, verifying email addresses and now waiting an hour to get an email from PSN and can't sign in until this is verified...can do very little of what I want to do 😟

Is there a backlog in getting these emails out or should they come right away? I've checked junk folder already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Bad form Sony - got a PS4 for Christmas and just got around to opening it this afternoon. No messing, I'm at this about 2-3 hours now, installing update after update, verifying email addresses and now waiting an hour to get an email from PSN and can't sign in until this is verified...can do very little of what I want to do 😟

Is there a backlog in getting these emails out or should they come right away? I've checked junk folder already...

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/680425074458013696

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/680802486836441088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You don't have to verify emails at all. Just enter an email and user name that no on else has and away you go.

They are having sign up problems in the US anyway. They simply can't handle the amount of new accounts being created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

wheres the cheapest place to get ps+?

• Advertisement

You don't have to verify emails at all. Just enter an email and user name that no on else has and away you go.

They are having sign up problems in the US anyway. They simply can't handle the amount of new accounts being created.

It's my account/email that I've been using for the PS3 for years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dunworth1 wrote: »
    wheres the cheapest place to get ps+?

Same price pretty much everywhere.
    Use Aldi(Lidl?) vouchers and buy PS+ at Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads proud new owner of a ps4, problem with the sky app, if I've haven't watched it for a few hours when I go into the app I get an error message saying you've been away from the app for some time and your session has expired. Please restart the app.
    So then I have to close out of it just to restart it, seems a bit stupid and I've had the console for a few hours and it's happened a number of times, any tips?

Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid. It also freezes and crashes if you try to change channel after a while or switch between live TV and catch-up. You just have to get used to it. If you're switching away from it for a while get into the habit of closing it down. It'll save you time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No they don't. Neither Netflix nor Sony care. Why would they? They have to be seen to cover it in their T&Cs but that is all.

Looks like the entire PSN is down now...won't somebody think of the children!!?!

How can this happen so often with Sony...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Looks like the entire PSN is down now...won't somebody think of the children!!?!

How can this happen so often with Sony...:confused:

Working fine all day for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

madcabbage wrote: »
    Working fine all day for me.

Same, not a single issue today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

duploelabs wrote: »
    So then the Canadian game will be available to all accounts on the ps4 once I download it with my Canadian account or do I have to log in to that account to just play that game?

It will be available to all accounts on the ps4

padair wrote: »
    It will be available to all accounts on the ps4

You 100% certain? Thinking of getting Beyond: Two Souls from the Canadian one for €13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You 100% certain? Thinking of getting Beyond: Two Souls from the Canadian one for €13.

As long as you set your console as primary console for your canadian account, you can play any game bought on the Canadian store on any account on your console.
    I bought Just Cause 3 on my Canadian account and am now playing it on my Irish account no problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement