Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

As long as you set your console as primary console for your canadian account, you can play any game bought on the Canadian store on any account on your console.
    I bought Just Cause 3 on my Canadian account and am now playing it on my Irish account no problem.

And this is done by (on Canadian account)

Settings -> Playstation Account Management -> Activate as your primary PS4 -> Activate.

Correct?

What games jumped out at other people? Not 100% sure if I'm all that interested in Just Cause 3, so would just be an impulse buy over anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

And this is done by (on Canadian account)

Settings -> Playstation Account Management -> Activate as your primary PS4 -> Activate.

Correct?

What games jumped out at other people? Not 100% sure if I'm all that interested in Just Cause 3, so would just be an impulse buy over anything else.

Yeah correct.
    I only bought it as it was €35.
    Witcher 3 with the expansion pass is €36, brilliant game and dlc.
    Shadow of mordor goty is €15, another great game.

It's insane how much better the Canadian PS Store looks - not even in there being more games, but the UI is just so much better.

Damn Beyond Two Souls being $20.99 and not just $20, because was thinking of getting that and Arkham Knight, but was going to get a $50 PlayStation card. That 0.99 pushes it to $50.99. Bah :p

It's insane how much better the Canadian PS Store looks - not even in there being more games, but the UI is just so much better.

Yeah the US store is the same. A good site to use for any region is psprices.com as it gives you the price history for any digital game and is handy to find out what games are on sale before they are officially announced .

Think what I'll do is buy Beyond Two Souls and then leave my remaining $29 in case anything interesting pops up. My assumption is that these being Flash Sales, we'll get another new set soon? Unless this is the last one.

• Advertisement

Think what I'll do is buy Beyond Two Souls and then leave my remaining $29 in case anything interesting pops up. My assumption is that these being Flash Sales, we'll get another new set soon? Unless this is the last one.

Flash sales usually last the weekend. There are usually flash sales every few weeks. There are still normal sales on the US and Canadian stores but they are usually not great. The Irish store gets much better sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Rebought myself a PS4, this time I have the new C-Chassis model, 1TB.

I was installing my games onto it and I do not remember them being so fast with the installation process. Each game was fully installed within seconds. The only thing I had to wait on was the expected updates.

But I do not recall installing a game and having 35-40GB installing that quick.

Did something happen in the 8 months I didn't play? Is it the perks of the new models? This is incredible to me! 0.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was installing my games onto it and I do not remember them being so fast with the installation process. Each game was fully installed within seconds. The only thing I had to wait on was the expected updates.

Did something happen in the 8 months I didn't play? Is it the perks of the new models? This is incredible to me! 0.0

Nope, its the exact same!

I have the new model upgraded from the old one, a lot of the games only install a chunk unless you open the application, then it tells you "5GB of 30 installed" etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i bought a ps4 today also (my first one) and being primarily a xb1 player
    i was amazed on how quickly i was able to play the game.

but its impossible for it to have actually fully installed all of the 40gb in that amount of time.

my guess is its installing as it goes along
    so when you put in the disk it copies the start of the game and then copies the rest while you are playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Could have sworn i seen someone post rainbow six was 44.99 on psn sale, cant find it!

Is this game any use also? TLOU MP is all i can to compare it to in terms of its slower than COD i believe as its more tactical, anyone recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Could have sworn i seen someone post rainbow six was 44.99 on psn sale, cant find it!

Is this game any use also? TLOU MP is all i can to compare it to in terms of its slower than COD i believe as its more tactical, anyone recommend it?

rainbow 6 in xtravision for €36

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

cadete wrote: »

Out of stock in the two i went to, but i had games to trade in so went to the old enemy Game Stop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That's an amazing price!

Pity all the Xtravisions closed down around my area :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

They've got a few copies in Ennis.
    Picked it up today, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

My son's PS4 keeps ejecting the discs. Is there a fix for this or should we return it? It's out of warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

weiland79 wrote: »
    My son's PS4 keeps ejecting the discs. Is there a fix for this or should we return it? It's out of warranty.

Give this a go

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/09/12/how-to-fix-a-ps4-that-ejects-discs-unexpectedly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Thanks but I've tried that.

Is Destiny/Taken King worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

weiland79 wrote: »

Talk to the shop it was bought in if you can't find a quick simple fix. Warranty means diddly in terms of Irish consumer law. If the shop doesn't help, post over in Consumer Issues, the lads will be more than happy to help.

Is Destiny/Taken King worth it?

At 30 lids - absolutely

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    At 30 lids - absolutely

Hmmm. I recently bought whatever Battlefield that it was on the sale, so that's taken up the majority of my online play. What makes Taken King stand out more? Except for the dancing emojis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Do people think it's worth picking up a cheap second hand vita for off screen play? Is it any use? I assume it works on all games but I don't know much about it.

Off tv play is the one advantage the wiiu has over the ps4 and I got so used to using it on the wiiu that I really miss it on ps4. :pac:

Hmmm. I recently bought whatever Battlefield that it was on the sale, so that's taken up the majority of my online play. What makes Taken King stand out more? Except for the dancing emojis.

BF4 premium? Great buy!

Taken King has all the DLC included, everything is tailored better for newcomers and it seems to be a lot better at explaining itself to progress through the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Fieldog wrote: »
    BF4 premium? Great buy!

Taken King has all the DLC included, everything is tailored better for newcomers and it seems to be a lot better at explaining itself to progress through the game...

I've been lost in that game, and not knowing what's going on kinda killed the fun for me, is there a set of mission you need to do in order to actually understand what's going on storywise?

I'd really like to get back into destiny but I've given up at lvl 18 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Do people think it's worth picking up a cheap second hand vita for off screen play? Is it any use? I assume it works on all games but I don't know much about it.

Off tv play is the one advantage the wiiu has over the ps4 and I got so used to using it on the wiiu that I really miss it on ps4. :pac:

I have a vita but more regularly use my android tablet and the ps4 joypad and think it works much better. Also its free.

No idea if it was the Premium one. Think it was just the basic one. But I'm thoroughly enjoying playing conquest. Haven't really done anything else yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any decent android phone can get the app running with a bit of work and use a dualshock to play, but if you've PlayStation plus I'd say get the vita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

The lack of actual l2 & r2 buttons ruins it for me, makes playing most games difficult, shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Varik wrote: »
    Any decent android phone can get the app running with a bit of work and use a dualshock to play, but if you've PlayStation plus I'd say get the vita.

Very interested in this^,

Would this mean my android TVs box could be used as an alternative to PlayStation tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Conar wrote: »
    I have a vita but more regularly use my android tablet and the ps4 joypad and think it works much better. Also its free.

Oh that's cool, I didn't know that was possible. I have and iPad unfortunately and not an android, but I must have a look and see if there're any jailbreak tweaks that do that same job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement