Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

phobia2011 wrote: »
    The lack of actual l2 & r2 buttons ruins it for me, makes playing most games difficult, shame really.

Yeah I just had a look at some YouTube videos there and the l2 an r2 seem to be mapped onto the rear touchpad. Doesn't look ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

have actually just connected via android tv box, controls ar not correct as some buttons seem mixed of unresponsive, any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

weiland79 wrote: »
    Thanks but I've tried that.

I had the same disc-ejecting issue with mine and none of the solutions online worked. The problem was the touch sensitive buttons on the front so went back to Argos and got it replaced. They gave me one of the newer models CUH-12xx which have mechanical buttons which properly fixes the issue.

If you do end up sending yours back don't forget to go into your PS4 Settings and deactivate it as Primary first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Andrew76 wrote: »
    if you do end up sending yours back don't forget to go into your PS4 Settings and deactivate it as Primary first.

I sold my launch day ps4 before Christmas. Not sure if I deactivated it as primary. Will this cause me bother when I buy a new model and set it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Deedsie wrote: »
    I sold my launch day ps4 before Christmas. Not sure if I deactivated it as primary. Will this cause me bother when I buy a new model and set it up?

You can deactivate it from the ps store online page. Just sign in with your account and deactivate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Deedsie wrote: »

I'm having the same problem but have had no reply from Sony customer service as of yet, it cannot be deactivated any other way than from the machine itself, I tried online and it won't allow you,
    I find I cannot push games to download while in rest mode is the only problem so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

cadete wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem but have had no reply from Sony customer service as of yet, it cannot be deactivated any other way than from the machine itself, I tried online and it won't allow you,
    I find I cannot push games to download while in rest mode is the only problem so far

I believe you can only use the online service once every 6 months, after that you need to contact support. If that is your issue you will just have to wait unfortunately =/

just off the phone to support, you can do it from a web browser,

go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/confirm-sso!input.action which should open your dashboard

Do not click on devices, instead on the top bar click "account"

then on the left bar click "media and devices"

click "deactivate all"

done!

If you click devices straight from the dashboard it wont allow deactivation but if you go through the menus it will

What games are people looking forward to in 2016?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3

I wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

No mans sky, final fantasy 15, uncharted 4 and ratchet and clank :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mirror's Edge
    Deus Ex Mankind Divided
    Uncharted 4
    Homefront Revolution
    Rise of the Tomb Raider

Cyberpunk 2077 probably a 2017 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I just finished the order and have to say i really enjoyed it. Got it for $10 on a sale recently. I can understand the criticisms people had with it and i hope they can rectify those for a possible sequel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The Last Guardian (the reason why I migrated over to ps4 from xbox)
    Ratchet and Clank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3

I wish.

Try the old republic, the games got 6 distinct and good stories and the Knight is the considered KOTOR 3.

Considering only the Films and games/comics/books released since Disney got the rights are considered canon now the Kotor won't be revisited as it is.

Good news is that Bioware are still supporting the old republic, it's free to play now, and they're adding content that's more interesting now it's no longer to stick to a stick approval from Lucas films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I look forward to finally playing all the games I bought in 2015, and many I bought in 2014..... truth be told 2013 and 2012 are well represented in games I've so far only entered my name into :(

I plan to further bolster the unplayed pile with The Last Guardian, though I hear it might be a PS5 launch title, and No Man's Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Persona 5
    Nier: Automata
    Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
    World of Final Fantasy
    Ni-Oh
    Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    Dark Souls 3
    Final Fantasy XV
    Yoru no Nai Kuni
    Tales of Berseria
    Tekken 7
    Street Fighter 5
    Doom
    The Last Guardian
    Death's Gambit
    The Witness
    No Mans Sky
    Crypt of the Necrodancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

No Man's Sky, Dark Souls 3... new Deus Ex, Tomb Raider. Not sure what else.

What's the likes of Tropico like to play on the PS4 with the controller?

What's the likes of Tropico like to play on the PS4 with the controller?

Plays just fine, not as good or as quick as a keyboard and mouse but it gets the job done.

It's not like trying to play a tough RTS like C&C3 on the 360, that was so hard without a keyboard and mouse. I couldn't finish it on the console.

• Advertisement

Plays just fine, not as good or as quick as a keyboard and mouse but it gets the job done.

It's not like trying to play a tough RTS like C&C3 on the 360, that was so hard without a keyboard and mouse. I couldn't finish it on the console.

That was what I was thinking. C&C was horrendous on 360. Would you recommend Tropico 5?

It's not bad, I got it on a PSN sale for about €30, the DLC for it is expensive for what it is though

I wouldn't mind more games like it for the console. RTS games just aren't in favour anymore. Hoping Xcom 2 makes to the consoles some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Firewatch is something I can't wait for since E3 last year but hope it's not €20 at launch :(
    The Banner Saga, Unravel and This War of Mine too

Has the Banner Saga not been out for ages? Or is it that it's only just coming to PS4?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Eagerly anticipating The Witness at the end of the month. A genius designer with brilliant ideas about game design spending the guts of a decade (along with his team) making something that looks more impressive every time I see it. Fascinated by the way they have approached both the puzzle philosophy (all self contained little boxes) and environmental storytelling. As someone increasingly tired of cookie-cutter open worlds, this is exactly what I've been looking for - an immaculately designed, manageable open space full of secrets and mysteries. Let's hope it's not quite as obtuse as Myst :pac:

Will be equal parts surprised and disappointed if this isn't something very special indeed.

So it'll be a 2 1/2 hour game for €20 - €30 then? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

No man's sky, I've no idea why though.

They'd want to start getting some deets out, or some lengthy footage at least.

The division has me interested but I've stopped getting overly excited about games as I've been disappointed with a few titles last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Folks what's the best boxing and realistic car racing game?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tyson Fury wrote: »

There currently are no boxing games, none even slated for future release till Fight Night Champion 2 in 2017 and that is only a rumour, as for racing games there are not any must haves, DriveClub is quite good though and Gran Turismo Sport is due out sometime this year, but will be more of a prologue.

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »

realistic racing, project cars is good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement