Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Xenji wrote: »
    There currently are no boxing games, none even slated for future release till Fight Night Champion 2 in 2017 and that is only a rumour, as for racing games there are not any must haves, DriveClub is quite good though and Gran Turismo Sport is due out sometime this year, but will be more of a prologue.

2017 ah balls, surprised with that, wanted to take on the Klitschko jab! Might give drive club a chance think it's currently on sale.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I wonder whether a boxing game would be interesting to play on the PlayStation VR (that's what they're calling it, right? And not Project Morpheous?) Wonder how sick inducing that might be!

cadete wrote: »
    realistic racing, project cars is good

Looks quality, thanks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Folks what's the best boxing and realistic car racing game?

Since theres no boxing games I would highly recommend UFC, brilliant game and should be fit to pick it up cheap if you look around...

Since theres no boxing games I would highly recommend UFC, brilliant game and should be fit to pick it up cheap if you look around...

Cheers for the recommendation but they're very different sports and boxing is my game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What games are people looking forward to in 2016?

Too many and I don't even have the PS4 currently.

The Witness
    Mirror's Edge
    Dark Souls 3
    Uncharted 4
    Persona 5
    The Last Guardian
    No Man's Sky
    Salt and Sanctuary
    Rime (Surely it'll be out in 2016)
    Horizon
    Deus Ex
    Unravel
    Doom
    Death's Gambit
    Dishonored 2
    For Honor

And generally I'm really curious on how much VR will be and what Sony include with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So it'll be a 2 1/2 hour game for €20 - €30 then? :pac:

Nope, Jon Blow has said it's around ten times bigger than Braid and estimated there's up to 70 hours of stuff in it: http://www.destructoid.com/set-aside-70-hours-to-fully-complete-the-witness-293781.phtml

Not that I'd complain about spending 20 euro on a few hours of exemplary content anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh.. I forgot Gravity Rush 2 and firewatch too.

2016 looks like another good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Is destiny the taken king legendary edition worth it for 30 quid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Is destiny the taken king legendary edition worth it for 30 quid?
    I would say definitely. I had given up on the game last February or so. Then when Taken King came out I tried it again and felt like the improvements were huge. It's a far more enjoyable game now I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

mickstupp wrote: »
    I would say definitely. I had given up on the game last February or so. Then when Taken King came out I tried it again and felt like the improvements were huge. It's a far more enjoyable game now I think.

Yeah I'm trying to find an online shooter that I can grasp. BLOPS 3 is too fast for me in my old age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah I'm trying to find an online shooter that I can grasp. BLOPS 3 is too fast for me in my old age.

Sniper elite ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The exact reason I don't play COD anymore it's way too fast paced, Destiny imo is the best pvp I've played in years.

I don't mind the fast pacedness of those games. Got used to it when playing 64 player servers back in the days of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, when the most you'd get normally is 20-odd in other games. It was absolutely manic when packed and a very itchy trigger finger was needed if you wanted to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone having issues with netflix lately ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Battlefield is slower paced then cod.

Also have a look at rainbow six siege which is very tactic based

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tok9 wrote: »
    Too many and I don't even have the PS4 currently.

The Witness
    Mirror's Edge
    Dark Souls 3
    Uncharted 4
    Persona 5
    The Last Guardian
    No Man's Sky
    Salt and Sanctuary
    Rime (Surely it'll be out in 2016)
    Horizon
    Deus Ex
    Unravel
    Doom
    Death's Gambit
    Dishonored 2
    For Honor

And generally I'm really curious on how much VR will be and what Sony include with it.

Good list. Hope RIME is still on track after a quiet 2015. Looked gorgeous.
    I'm all over For Honor if it has a great campaign.
    How could I forget Persona 5!!!
    Also adding Rise of the Tomb Raider to my list. Hopefully we get a GOTY version by the time it arrives on PS4 but I'm well jealous of not having it yet.

What are some good FPS games for the PS4? Excluding the Battlefield/CoD games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What are some good FPS games for the PS4? Excluding the Battlefield/CoD games.

Metro redux, Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Both metro games are great. Can be got fairly cheaply too.

Same goes for Wolfenstein and it's prequel

• Advertisement

Have already played Metro(s) and Wolfenstein. Wasn't sure about Far Cry 4 because 3 was just so goddamn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Have already played Metro(s) and Wolfenstein. Wasn't sure about Far Cry 4 because 3 was just so goddamn good.

Far Cry 4 is more of the same really in a different locale. If you Love Far Cry 3 there's no reason why you won't get a lot of fun out of 4. I only played it on the 360 but will definitely get it to play through again on the PS4.

When I'm watching Netflix or sky the controller stays lit, then when I want to play something the battery in the controller is dead, is there any way to turn off that light?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

When I'm watching Netflix or sky the controller stays lit, then when I want to play something the battery in the controller is dead, is there any way to turn off that light?
    If you hold the ps button and wait for the menu to pop up while still holding the button press circle to exit the menu and then x to continue the video and if you are still holding the ps button your controller will turn off.

Or set up automatic controller turn off in the power options (This does not seem to work for me a lot of the time if I am in an app or game. Very odd.)

If you hold the ps button and wait for the menu to pop up while still holding the button press circle to exit the menu and then x to continue the video and if you are still holding the ps button your controller will turn off.

Or set up automatic controller turn off in the power options (This does not seem to work for me a lot of the time if I am in an app or game. Very odd.)

Tried the first option and didn't work. I'm not really looking to turn off the controller as I still want it to change channels just want to turn off the light as I assume it eats up most of the power. Is there a standalone remote?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Tried the first option and didn't work. I'm not really looking to turn off the controller as I still want it to change channels just want to turn off the light as I assume it eats up most of the power. Is there a standalone remote?

If your TV supports it you can enable HDMI Device Link which will allow you to use your TV's remote to perform operations on the ps4.

To turn it on go to [System] > [Enable HDMI Device Link]

You can't turn the led off as far as I know but you can dim it by holding the ps button down and going to adjust devices.

If you are willing to take your DS4 apart you can pull the ribbon cable for the led, it is a simple mod. I might do some testing during the week with my multimeter and see how much of a drain the led bar really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hi lads, question for ye all concerning PlayStation Plus...I haven't signed up yet (got a PS4 over Christmas and only realised then that we now have to pay for online activity!? Yikes...) but if I was to register would I get the January free stuff or do you have to be a member before the month starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hi lads, question for ye all concerning PlayStation Plus...I haven't signed up yet (got a PS4 over Christmas and only realised then that we now have to pay for online activity!? Yikes...) but if I was to register would I get the January free stuff or do you have to be a member before the month starts?

You will get them on Tuesday when they come out, even if you signed up in the middle of the month you would still get them.

If you sign up now, you can also get December's games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Eagerly anticipating The Witness at the end of the month. A genius designer with brilliant ideas about game design spending the guts of a decade (along with his team) making something that looks more impressive every time I see it. Fascinated by the way they have approached both the puzzle philosophy (all self contained little boxes) and environmental storytelling. As someone increasingly tired of cookie-cutter open worlds, this is exactly what I've been looking for - an immaculately designed, manageable open space full of secrets and mysteries. Let's hope it's not quite as obtuse as Myst :pac:

Will be equal parts surprised and disappointed if this isn't something very special indeed.

I've been waiting for this one since it was first announced even before the PS4 was released.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement