Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Worst trailer ever :pac:

PlayStation Network currently undergoing maintenance. Time to play the Tropico 5 demo to see if I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

Well lads first time Playstation owner here after splashing out today! Went with 3 exclusives - unchartered collection, last of us, and until dawn. Have I made good choices?! Which one to start first? Im buzzing but when the oh comes in from work and finds out how much I spent I could be in trouble haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

DJ90 wrote: »
    Well lads first time Playstation owner here after splashing out today! Went with 3 exclusives - unchartered collection, last of us, and until dawn. Have I made good choices?! Which one to start first? Im buzzing but when the oh comes in from work and finds out how much I spent I could be in trouble haha

Yep, all fantastic games.

Until dawn is nice and short so might be a good place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PlayStation Network currently undergoing maintenance. Time to play the Tropico 5 demo to see if I like it.

Any idea how long it's down for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I got my first ever platinum today :) And now I have to wait until the servers improve so my trophies will update :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Will someone please post here when psn is back...mad for a bit of black ops. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

akelly02 wrote: »
    Will someone please post here when psn is back...mad for a bit of black ops. .

https://status.playstation.com/en-ie/

This seems to be fairly accurate for the most part. That's what I keep checking, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

DJ90 wrote: »

Great choices and welcome to the club :) Ask your oh to sit down and play Until Dawn with you. My wife is a casual gamer but we took turns on Until Dawn and she loved it. It's like a good teen slasher flick. She might even forgive you for the spending :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://status.playstation.com/en-ie/

This seems to be fairly accurate for the most part. That's what I keep checking, anyway.

They're lying to us. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hurry up with your maintenance. I want to play some black ops 3 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I had to revert to blops2 on 360. Finding it hard to get games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Still down is it lads im not at home to check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

akelly02 wrote: »
    Still down is it lads im not at home to check

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Any estimate on time when it will be back?

No word yet. 4 hours so far. Only usual redirect to status page from Sony. PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

And I thought we had seen the end of these down for maintenance. What a joke.

I'd prefer a longer maintenance, ensuring everything runs smoothly, than something rushed to soothe the impatient and results in further problems down the road.

Only if it's actual maintenance. This seems to be a ddos attack not scheduled maintenance

So what exactly do they use the millions of 50 euro ps+ subscription money on?

I see nothing but downgrades in the psn service since ps4 game out. Up to this day, psn for me almost crashes just loading my friends list. Not to mention constant "maintenance" issues and pathetic connection speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

MarkY91 wrote: »

I see nothing but downgrades in the psn service since ps4 game out. Up to this day, psn for me almost crashes just loading my friends list. Not to mention constant "maintenance" issues and pathetic connection speeds.

PSN is miles ahead of what it was on the ps3. I regularly get at least 100Mb/s download speeds which was a pipe dream on ps3. The PSN is also very rarely down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Looks like it's that time again :P

FKgdT16.jpg

PSN is miles ahead of what it was on the ps3. I regularly get at least 100Mb/s download speeds which was a pipe dream on ps3. The PSN is also very rarely down.

I get about 80mb over wifi on all mobile devices.

Ps4 manages 30mb on a good day through a wired connection. Downloading games seem to give you random speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Downloading games seem to give you random speeds

This is the first thing I noticed on PS4. Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Keeping Sony afloat? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

Was the maintenence planned or was it spur of the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    Was the maintenence planned or was it spur of the moment?

Don't think it's maintenance: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/01/04/playstation-network-down-ps4-ps3-vita-all-experiencing-issues?watch=true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I had a pop up when I turned on my PS4 this evening saying it was undergoing maintenance, now that's not to say something else is not going on.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    This is the first thing I noticed on PS4. Very annoying.

pausing and starting the download sometimes kicks the speeds up to where I feel they should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The speeds have gotten even better since the 3.0 update although I have never had many speed issues to begin with and using Wi-Fi for me produces better speeds, I find any friends that have issues are all with UPC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement