Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I can't seem to play Just Cause 3. It's not even an online game ffs :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

MarkY91 wrote: »
    pausing and starting the download sometimes kicks the speeds up to where I feel they should be.

I also find putting the PS4 in rest mode also makes it download faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I can't seem to play Just Cause 3. It's not even an online game ffs :mad:

I've been playing it all evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Making the most of the downtime by playing San Andreas on PS4.

I will never, every get tired of this game, this will be my 7th play-through across 4 different platforms.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I've been playing it all evening.

I don't have the continue game option that's usually there.

Untitled_08bb02c06d6e5d089549_1.jpg

I press start, it tries to log in, can't, then back to that screen to repeat in an infinite cycle of bollox.

• Advertisement

Does Just Cause 3 access from physical storage or cloud saves?

Does Just Cause 3 access from physical storage or cloud saves?

It keeps track of your challenge results and stuff like that to play against ghosts of your friends but I could play it offline when the Square Enix servers were down. There's normally a few options there where it says start but they have disappeared for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Put your PS4 into offline mode when PSN is down and all your single player games will work fine.

That did the trick, cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just checked. PSN is back up for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Curious, since I'm still awake, what time does the PS Plus free games come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Supposedly a DDOS attack, what a bunch of stupid nerds! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

DDOS attacks are their sex. How sad.

The hacking equivalent of talentless crappy 'tag' graffiti.

Curious, since I'm still awake, what time does the PS Plus free games come out?

Think around midday? Just checked and it's still lady month's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

madcabbage wrote: »
    Supposedly a DDOS attack, what a bunch of stupid nerds! :mad:

Absolute pain in the arse thing too since there's very little then can do about them. Manage as best as possible and ride it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Glad to see PSN back. I was having withdrawal symptoms lol.

On a side note: is just cause 3 worth getting? IGN video reviews say it's got horrible framerate problems and takes up to 2 minutes to load after you die.

But it looks so fun..

Does it feel unbelievably laggy for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Good to see that Netflix/Sky Go etc, are not effected when the network is down these days. That was a major pain during the big outage a few years back.
    So what exactly do they use the millions of 50 euro ps+ subscription money on?

I see nothing but downgrades in the psn service since ps4 game out. Up to this day, psn for me almost crashes just loading my friends list. Not to mention constant "maintenance" issues and pathetic connection speeds.

None of this is actually true though is it?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Good to see that Netflix/Sky Go etc, are not effected when the network is down these days. That was a major pain during the big outage a few years back.

Yes, yes it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Yes, yes it is.

Literally everything you mentioned was not true. Psn is miles ahead of ps3 days, speed is good for most (Me included, routinely get 100Mb/sec or more) and the psn is rarely down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Beefy78 wrote: »

I tried to watch SkyGo last night and it wouldn't work so it must be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I used Netflix last night and worked perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony's got their CES press conference tonight, probably some VR going to be shown but I doubt much else PlayStation related.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Folks quick question about a problem I have with my playstation,
    Ive had mine since the first Christmas it was released. For the last six months I have problems turning it on. Sometimes it will start up no problem from activing the remote control. Other times I will hear it click and the blue light will flash for a second. I have to unplug it and give it a few seconds and start again. Sometimes it will start other times I'll have to unplug it again. Also it will never restart.
    Has anyone any similar problems ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 Paul Daly

14murphy wrote: »
    Folks quick question about a problem I have with my playstation,
    Ive had mine since the first Christmas it was released. For the last six months I have problems turning it on. Sometimes it will start up no problem from activing the remote control. Other times I will hear it click and the blue light will flash for a second. I have to unplug it and give it a few seconds and start again. Sometimes it will start other times I'll have to unplug it again. Also it will never restart.
    Has anyone any similar problems ?

I had a similar issue but mine wouldn't turn on at all, just got the blue light flash up every time and die off. Long story short it had to go back to sony for a repair. If I remember correctly it had something to do with glue holding a component melting but I could be very wrong about that. Mine was only about 5 months old at the time and it packed in the Friday before Fallout 4 got delivered. I nearly cried.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Paul Daly wrote: »
    I had a similar issue but mine wouldn't turn on at all, just got the blue light flash up every time and die off. Long story short it had to go back to sony for a repair. If I remember correctly it had something to do with glue holding a component melting but I could be very wrong about that. Mine was only about 5 months old at the time and it packed in the Friday before Fallout 4 got delivered. I nearly cried.

Yeh i guessed it was something like that. My recent plan was to leave it on rest mode constantly but when I would wake it up it would just flash blue. How long did it take to fix ?

Literally everything you mentioned was not true. Psn is miles ahead of ps3 days, speed is good for most (Me included, routinely get 100Mb/sec or more) and the psn is rarely down.

So because psn is apparently miles better for you, that means it's the same for everyone else.

Ok..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So because psn is apparently miles better for you, that means it's the same for everyone else.

Ok..

Yeah but your blaming PSN soley on the issues when the problem could be anything including your internet connection. I havent been put out by many issues at all to do with PSN in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 Paul Daly

14murphy wrote: »
    Yeh i guessed it was something like that. My recent plan was to leave it on rest mode constantly but when I would wake it up it would just flash blue. How long did it take to fix ?

I think about 10 days from me sending it in. They didn't wipe the hard drive as part of the repair process which was nice, ive crap broadband so the idea of having to reinstall all the day one updates for my games was a daunting prospect. It was relatively painless but I had to package and ship the PlayStation myself which could have be a pain for some people (where I work has no shortage of decent packing materials but I wouldn't want to wrap the thing in an old jumper and hand it to DHL) PlayStation will send you an email with a prepaid DHL collection slip and you then ring DHL to pick up the console.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement