Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah but your blaming PSN soley on the issues when the problem could be anything including your internet connection. I havent been put out by many issues at all to do with PSN in fairness.

My Internet is fine. I said above how I get about 80mb on all mobile devices easily. But wired on a good day I get 30mb on the PS4 with all ports open. I suppose it's my fault too that Sony provide crap psn store download speeds and having to pause and resume just to get a half decent speed is also my fault.

It was just as bad when I bridged my router too.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Paul Daly wrote: »
    I think about 10 days from me sending it in. They didn't wipe the hard drive as part of the repair process which was nice, ive crap broadband so the idea of having to reinstall all the day one updates for my games was a daunting prospect. It was relatively painless but I had to package and ship the PlayStation myself which could have be a pain for some people (where I work has no shortage of decent packing materials but I wouldn't want to wrap the thing in an old jumper and hand it to DHL) PlayStation will send you an email with a prepaid DHL collection slip and you then ring DHL to pick up the console.

That doesn't seem to bad. Saying that I think i'll hold onto it until it completely stops turning on.
    On another note 35 hour to download black ops III jesus wept..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My Internet is fine. I said above how I get about 80mb on all mobile devices easily. But wired on a good day I get 30mb on the PS4 with all ports open. I suppose it's my fault too that Sony provide crap psn store download speeds and having to pause and resume just to get a half decent speed is also my fault.

It was just as bad when I bridged my router too.

Are you on UPC by any chance?

Xenji wrote: »
    Are you on UPC by any chance?

Yeah I am.

I am recently wired using home plugs. Psn is a lot more stable since then.

Yeah I am.

I am recently wired using home plugs. Psn is a lot more stable since then.

The Horizon box seem to be the cause of slow speeds with the PS4 along with other services, plenty of complaints about it on various threads here, my neighbour changed his Wi-Fi channel and saw an improvement, but while wired he still got the same poor speeds.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    The Horizon box seem to be the cause of slow speeds with the PS4 along with other services, plenty of complaints about it on various threads here, my neighbour changed his Wi-Fi channel and saw an improvement, but while wired he still got the same poor speeds.

I hated horizon so I got heir ubee box. Its probably not much better

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

I hated horizon so I got heir ubee box. Its probably not much better

Did they charge you for that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Does anyone have any input on fixing the L2 button on the DS4?

Mine is sticking slightly after every button press. Might open it up tomorrow if I can find the right bit.

14murphy wrote: »
    Did they charge you for that ?

No as I complained about horizon. They wouldn't give me my old router back which was better than ubee and horizon combined. Epc3925 was its name if I recall correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

If you take them up on their new 360mb service you will get the new router free of charge with AC wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PS4 has passed out the N64 now on sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Grim Fandango Remastered and Hardware Rivals are the free games for January in case people haven't checked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

madcabbage wrote: »
    Grim Fandango Remastered and Hardware Rivals are the free games for January in case people haven't checked yet.

Are they both worth playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Grim Fandango is a very old game, PS1 old like but defo worth trying. Hardware rivals is a bit like Twisted Metal if you ever played those games? Tried playing last night but the servers aren't currently working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone have any trouble charging their controller with a phone charger? Have my phone charger by my sofa so handier than using the short USB cable that came with PS4 and don't really want to buy another longer one. Would've been grand if it used the same port as PS3 since have a long USB cable for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

No as I complained about horizon. They wouldn't give me my old router back which was better than ubee and horizon combined. Epc3925 was its name if I recall correctly

It's a right pain how UPC will not allow bridging, I'd have a brought a proper router if they did.

I do find the download speeds to be very inconsistent with PSN as well, and I really don't think it's a networking issue as I have experienced the same issues on eircom and vodafone too. To me, PSN just seems fragile.

Are they both worth playing?

Grim Fandango is definitely worth getting - it was originally released in '97/'98 (?) originally, yes, but this remastered version has completely improved all the graphics across the board and, I believe, even rerecorded some dialogue, so you wouldn't know you were playing a game that is almost 20 (?!?!?) years old. If you enjoy any adventure game, then definitely get it, because it's an incredible experience, with lovely settings, impeccable voice acting, and perhaps one of the best stories seen in any video game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

well lads

really enjoying Black Ops 3 and was wondering would a headset help in Multiplayer??

Any good headsets at a reasonable price?

cheers

akelly02 wrote: »
    well lads

really enjoying Black Ops 3 and was wondering would a headset help in Multiplayer??

cheers

I don't really see how using a headset would help you as such. I haven't played Black Ops 3, but from having played many multiplayer games (Planetside 2 and Battlefield 4 being the main ones at the moment) I haven't seen many people, if ever, use their mics for strategy and whatnot. I got my one, just because I prefer playing video games with headphones as to not bother other people and for those rare times that I stream games and communicate with people on my channel.

Bought mine in Argos (they're Turtlebeach Earforce P2) for around €40-€50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

well lads

cheers

The mic part of the headset not so much but a decent pair of headphones, turtlebeach etc would help you greatly in pinpointing where the enemies are coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any input on fixing the L2 button on the DS4?

Mine is sticking slightly after every button press. Might open it up tomorrow if I can find the right bit.

A squirt of WD40 will sort that.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The mic part of the headset not so much but a decent pair of headphones, turtlebeach etc would help you greatly in pinpointing where the enemies are coming from.

This. I've often caught people running up to try and stab me, because I heard their footsteps and was able to react in time. There's always a sense of satisfaction when you shoot them when they're inches away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone know of an error where a purchase is made in the PS store (for a ps4), the transaction shows up in the wallet, but the download doesn't appear?

TinCanMan wrote: »
    A squirt of WD40 will sort that.

You really should not be using WD40 on electrical products, a lead pencil is the safer option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

well lads

cheers

Headset definitely helps with identifying where enemies are coming from. I had to send mine back for repair and found it hard to go back to the TV speakers.

I play a lot of hardcore and run dead silence. Mate recently got the wireless PS headset and said its good. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2746269/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo%2Bgames%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780877%7CHeadsets%7C28081695.htm

You can get cheaper if you want them wired.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97352043

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That Sony one is supposed to be pretty good.
    Couldn't play a fps (or even any game) now through the speakers. Game is just much more immersive with a head set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would anyone have a link to a decent & reasonably priced turtle beach headset? Not being lazy have googled it myself but would be great if someone has first hand knowledge of one.

The Turtlebeaches I've had in the past have all been pretty expensive. Have to say with the cheaper sets the sound quality is not near as good imo. I've bought TBs really as I'm a creature of habit but while the sound is very good the actual constuction is preyty crap. Have had a number of them break for no real reason except natural wear and tear.
    Have the XP510s at the moment but as soon as they go I will be looking at the Sony one as a replacement to see what they're like. Certainly less expensive.

I'd personally think that you might be better off buying just headphones as opposed to a headset. Unless you can turn off the mic, having one can be potentially more annoying - everyone in your squad, your team, or the server could potentially hear everything you say, do, or what is said to you. Now.. I might be wrong and you might do a ton of streaming, which is when a mic would be useful. Regarding wired vs wireless, I went with wired. But only because you can plug it into the PS4 controller.

• Advertisement

You can turn off a headset in the PS settings soemwhere. Half the craic is roaring at your mates / randomers but I guess it's not for everyone. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement