Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,818 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xtravision selling the Bats limited edition console with the game for 399 euro. Selling the game on its own for 70.

Source: just got an email off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Varik wrote: »
    What's the network setup on each End

Have a TP link plugged in beside router and ps4 Is wired, TP link in bedroom wired into PSTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Have a TP link plugged in beside router and ps4 Is wired, TP link in bedroom wired into PSTV.
    Could be your tp link try it on wifi. I got one today and it's grand. Ps4 is on wifi and the pstv is wired directly into the horizon box I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Picked up a ps TV and have to say I'm very disappointed, even with download speed of 26mb and upload of 8mb the remote play is essentially unusable. Skips and jumps like crazy and makes any sort of fast paced game unplayable. Would have rathered a vita.

Then it's not your internet connection, try connecting the PSTV directly to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Tried it on wifi as well, equally bad. We've Eircom fibre broadband so I wonder if it's just an issue with the way I've set it up. Not going to switch the PS4 with the PSTV as I've a larger TV in the sitting room than the bedroom so do most of my gaming there, it's just for when the girlfriend is watching something so would defeat it's own purpose really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just finished Valiant Hearts after starting it yesterday. That game is beautiful, not other way to describe it. Gameplay isn't the most exciting but I learned loads in it and the story was great.

More of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hadn't been in Xtravision in ages but was in last Sunday and got one of those 30 day passes where you can rent games and films. It's €20 and you're allowed 2 films every two nights or one game and one film.

I went in this evening and was getting WWE2K15 for my son for the PS4 for two nights when one of the staff told me the pass doesn't include new generation games! It's not much use to me so!

Spoke to the manager then and explained that all their posters said "games" and that I had specifically asked the staff member about PS4 games when I took it out but he was having none of it and not budging.

I'll be sending an email to head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hadn't been in Xtravision in ages but was in last Sunday and got one of those 30 day passes where you can rent games and films. It's €20 and you're allowed 2 films every two nights or one game and one film.

I went in this evening and was getting WWE2K15 for my son for the PS4 for two nights when one of the staff told me the pass doesn't include new generation games! It's not much use to me so!

Spoke to the manager then and explained that all their posters said "games" and that I had specifically asked the staff member about PS4 games when I took it out but he was having none of it and not budging.

I'll be sending an email to head office.

Unless you missed any small print then that's clearly false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

GerB40 wrote: »
    Unless you missed any small print then that's clearly false advertising.

There is a * saying terms and conditions apply but I was told the passes were in place before they started renting next gen games so I doubt it includes those.

I'm going to look into it more. Not happy at all.

Lemlin wrote: »
    There is a * saying terms and conditions apply but I was told the passes were in place before they started renting next gen games so I doubt it includes those.

I'm going to look into it more. Not happy at all.

You should. Any time I've dealt with xtravision they've been great to deal with. By the sounds of it you're in the right so pursue this to the end, I'd imagine you'll get vindicated..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Conar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Conar wrote: »

Bargain at that...

The amount of hours I've ploughed in at this stage.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Think it's safe to say The Last of Us multiplayer is one of the worst multiplayers I have ever played...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Think it's safe to say The Last of Us multiplayer is one of the worst multiplayers I have ever played...
    Bollox, you're just shit at it

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Bollox, you're just shit at it

Possibly that too, but even though I sucked at Tomb Raider at the start the multiplayer was much more enjoyable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Have you finished the single player yet? The multiplayer is probably the most well balanced and nuanced mp I've ever played. It's incredibly unforgiving to non-stealthy players though.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Have you finished the single player yet? The multiplayer is probably the most well balanced and nuanced mp I've ever played. It's incredibly unforgiving to non-stealthy players though.

Not yet no played through and got far then I stopped playing for ages now im just stuck with no ammo and a bunch of enemies to kill debating on just starting the game again...

Starting with 12 bullets like what in the name of god... Also starting off with your pistol equipped straight away?.... Surely the Assault Rifle should be the primary equipped weapon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Not yet no played through and got far then I stopped playing for ages now im just stuck with no ammo and a bunch of enemies to kill debating on just starting the game again...

Starting with 12 bullets like what in the name of god... Also starting off with your pistol equipped straight away?.... Surely the Assault Rifle should be the primary equipped weapon...

You must be playing it like a call of duty game, which is very wrong. Use stealth and the environment. The point of the game is to be smart, patient and tactical, that goes for the MP as well, not to mindlessly run and gun.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    You must be playing it like a call of duty game, which is very wrong. Use stealth and the environment. The point of the game is to be smart, patient and tactical, that goes for the MP as well, not to mindlessly run and gun.

Even trying that every time I run into someone I run outta bullets before they even die or they kill me ridiculously... I guess I am more into running and gunning though, maybe every just has ridiculously over powered weapons compared to the ones I have...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Even trying that every time I run into someone I run outta bullets before they even die or they kill me ridiculously... I guess I am more into running and gunning though, maybe every just has ridiculously over powered weapons compared to the ones I have...

Play the Single player first, and don't compare it to Tomb Raider multiplayer, its really much better than that.

• Advertisement

My brother is interested in buying Destiny but he is only willing to buy now as he only has 2 weeks to play... He is thinking of buying for 50euro as he is in Qatar, anyone know any sites that sell CD Keys for Destiny cheap?... I know G2A doesn't have it does any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Anyone else pick up Bloodborne? Really enjoying it so far but the Vicar Amelia boss is wrecking me.. Everyone says it's an easy boss too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pure novice question but I joined PS+ last month and downloaded Counterspy, Oddworld and OlliOlli2. Are those going to disappear from my library when the new PS+ titles are updated next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Damien360

ERG89 wrote: »
    Pure novice question but I joined PS+ last month and downloaded Counterspy, Oddworld and OlliOlli2. Are those going to disappear from my library when the new PS+ titles are updated next week?

Nope. Yours to keep as long as you pay sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I love it! It's the first thing I turn on when I get in from work. What I like about it is that it's not a typical "Oh some guys we don't like...kill them" MP. It's got scope with the whole weeks system and supplies. I really like that. It gives the game a continued sense of something more. If anything it humanizes everything way more unlike a normal shooter.

I'm aces at it too. Well...I'm aces in my own mind :P
    Can't help it if my team generally let me down...stupid shotguns running around like Rambo. I'm too cheap to get the added weapons and stuff.

I love it! It's the first thing I turn on when I get in from work. What I like about it is that it's not a typical "Oh some guys we don't like...kill them" MP. It's got scope with the whole weeks system and supplies. I really like that. It gives the game a continued sense of something more. If anything it humanizes everything way more unlike a normal shooter.

Can't help it if my team generally let me down...stupid shotguns running around like Rambo. I'm too cheap to get the added weapons and stuff.

I think the match making system must need a fix, surely people have way better weapons than me in every match I enter which therefore makes it ridiculously hard for me to even kill them although I unload a cap on their ass they still survive... New players should be playing against new players not people who are level 128 or whatever that 128 meant on someone I saw on the opposing team..

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

The levels don't matter though? It doesn't add much asides from a little more variety. Unlocking the bow...it's a cool weapon but honestly I use the Full-Auto most and that's unlocked pretty early. I'll admit there's one shotgun that really pisses me off because it can take you down in one hit. The revolver is my fav weapon altogether! It sounds amazing and it's just badass running around with a 6 shooter. Plus the weapons are all in the pre-classes. Use those until you can unlock them fully?

You need to be constantly moving. I love when I see a player sitting still (even for a second) because I'll be halfway flanking them before the even know what hits them!

The levels don't matter though? It doesn't add much asides from a little more variety. Unlocking the bow...it's a cool weapon but honestly I use the Full-Auto most and that's unlocked pretty early. I'll admit there's one shotgun that really pisses me off because it can take you down in one hit. The revolver is my fav weapon altogether! It sounds amazing and it's just badass running around with a 6 shooter. Plus the weapons are all in the pre-classes. Use those until you can unlock them fully?

You need to be constantly moving. I love when I see a player sitting still (even for a second) because I'll be halfway flanking them before the even know what hits them!

Higher level = more time spent playing = being able to absolutely destroy people who are new at the game...

I only bought TLoU the other day and I'm planning on trying multiplayer as soon as I finish Left Behind. Any tips for me so I won't be completely shít starting off? My favourite gun in the main game was the shotgun and you seem to disapprove so any help would be greatly appreciated..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

This is what happens when people play Call Of ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement