Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I meant with the digital ones. Though I know the physical copies have codes on them to identify them, so they could nearly use that but I'm sure that'd be easily tricked. So yeah just stick with the digital ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Out of curiosity would the Playstation ever get Early Access games? Or will they all be exclusive to PC... I know they get the games while they are launched fully, with the likes of Killing Flooor 2 I would love to see Early Access being implemented to PS4 but don't think it would ever happen somehow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Out of curiosity would the Playstation ever get Early Access games? Or will they all be exclusive to PC... I know they get the games while they are launched fully, with the likes of Killing Flooor 2 I would love to see Early Access being implemented to PS4 but don't think it would ever happen somehow...

It's not viable a lot of the time to do early access on consoles because of the way games are updated on them. It is not as easy to push an update like it is on PC. Each update has to go through an approval process which can takes weeks.

Look at dungeon defenders 2, it is constantly weeks / months behind the PC counterpart for this reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They do early access on Xbox One and MS are the worst for pushing updates. I played Elite Dangerous on the Xbone through the EA model. Sony could do it if they wanted to. Basically though you are paying the developers to be a beta tester when they should be paying people to test their games for bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has already happened over 6 months ago with Dungeon Defenders II, at the time Sony stated they were looking into more releases, it did not go down well the last time it was discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Would have been nice to get Killing Floor 2 EA ... Have it on PC but want it on console to play with mates ... Would also be awesome if they somehow added 4 packs to PS4 but I doubth that will ever happen :p

Anyways moving on, Rainbow Six Siege is unreal fun... Bumped into 2 fellow Irish people today then when my room mate came back he joined, then the other lad had another Irish friend on so it was 5 Irish men against the rest...

Love going outside of the objective to try and flank them and it paid off this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Have it on PC but want it on console to play with mates ... Would also be awesome if they somehow added 4 packs to PS4 but I doubth that will ever happen :p

To be fair, this should hopefully be considerable at least, with the focus on online gaming with friends, it almost makes sense to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Complete novice question here so forgive me, only had an Xbox before...I heard its 50 euro a year to play online with the PS4? Anywhere that does a better deal online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Complete novice question here so forgive me, only had an Xbox before...I heard its 50 euro a year to play online with the PS4? Anywhere that does a better deal online?

Online, no. Sony push a reduced price the odd time but I haven't seen that in over a year.

Street stores. You might get reduced prices on the psn cards sold in Argos etc. They come up every so often. The savings are small so I personally don't bother.

Welcome to PS4. We bought a XB1 for the young lad for Christmas. Have the ps4 a year (PS3 before that) and much prefer the layout on psn store despite all the bitching that goes on in here. Easier to find the free PS+ games than games with gold. Other than that the machines are identical as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Damien360 wrote: »
    Online, no. Sony push a reduced price the odd time but I haven't seen that in over a year.

Street stores. You might get reduced prices on the psn cards sold in Argos etc. They come up every so often. The savings are small so I personally don't bother.

Welcome to PS4. We bought a XB1 for the young lad for Christmas. Have the ps4 a year (PS3 before that) and much prefer the layout on psn store despite all the bitching that goes on in here. Easier to find the free PS+ games than games with gold. Other than that the machines are identical as far as I can see.

Keep an eye on CDKeys.co.UK for Xbox live codes. Come up every couple of weeks for around €22 for 12 months.

Also for your free games look at the tiles directly to the right of your last played game on the dashboard. There will be a tile there for Games with Gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Is Dishonored any use does anyone know? Its like 15 quid on the PS store with all DLC, not sure have read mixed reviews online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Brilliant game - one of my favourite last gen PS3 titles, very tempted to get it at that price for the PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is Dishonored any use does anyone know? Its like 15 quid on the PS store with all DLC, not sure have read mixed reviews online!

Very good deal imo. Never got to finish it on PS3 and so I got this deal last week. It's the game Thief was trying to be and then some. The only thing against it is that it is on the short side. The graphics are not much better than the PS3 version and the loading times are actually worse but well worth €15.

The second game looks very promising too. They have really expanded the concept of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Cheers lads think il pick it up then! Yea i read its more of a port than remaster as some people online complaining about frames etc, thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

What is it you are trying to achieve with the splitter?

Some of the power over ethernet adapters come with multiple ports, so you plug one into your modem / horizon box run an ethernet cable from the horizon box into the adapter.

Then Plug the other side into a plug near your PS4 and you can have two ethernet cables coming out of the adapter, one can go to your PS4 the other into whatever your other device is.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA4220KIT.html
    I have an ethernet coming from my horizon box to a media player. I never realised there was more than one ethernet output on the horizon box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Looks like psn is down again. Getting the maintenance message and checked Twitter. People all over EU are complaining about not being able to sign in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

heroics wrote: »
    Looks like psn is down again. Getting the maintenance message and checked Twitter. People all over EU are complaining about not being able to sign in

Pain in the balls as I can see friends online and playing games

Tried to get into bo3 and could get in and play online. Network test still says psn maintenance though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm online playing BO3 - have been for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I got the maintenance notificaton when I turned the console on but I was still able to play away online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

heroics wrote: »

this was just about acceptable before they start charging for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Hey guys looking for a good multi player game, right now Im play Ray Man with my friend and loving it, any ideas a game to go to next have a pretty wide taste in games so no idea is a bad one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

astonaidan wrote: »
    Hey guys looking for a good multi player game, right now Im play Ray Man with my friend and loving it, any ideas a game to go to next have a pretty wide taste in games so no idea is a bad one :D

If you haven't tried Rocket League, I recommend Rocket League :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

astonaidan wrote: »

If you want to friendship to end, play Helldivers together.

Dying Light, Destiny and Bloodborne are good co-op too but they are online MP only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is it still down finding it very hard to get into any games online i mean

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hasn't been down for me at all for last few days.

I didnt have any issues finding games tonight in blops3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Can't play FIFA online, entering a match has been temporarily disabled it says.

Could be only ea that is at fault here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

F1ngers wrote: »
    Hasn't been down for me at all for last few days.

Same for me, no problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Can't play FIFA online, entering a match has been temporarily disabled it says.

Could be only ea that is at fault here.

Ultimate only, regular online matches not affected.

Fixed now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement