Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

RedXIV wrote: »
    If you haven't tried Rocket League, I recommend Rocket League :)

Yeah have it and love it, but its more a co-op game online for me, still you know what im looking for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

astonaidan wrote: »
    Yeah have it and love it, but its more a co-op game online for me, still you know what im looking for :D

Split screen co-op you're looking for is it? Could do a lot worse than Borderlands 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Glico Man wrote: »
    Split screen co-op you're looking for is it? Could do a lot worse than Borderlands 2.

Have The Handsome collection downloading as we speak :D, Im not great at FFS but Im finding a good couch co-op hard to find. Usually we just play Fifa/NBA/NFL but Rayman was a breath of fresh air, like amazing game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

astonaidan wrote: »
    Have The Handsome collection downloading as we speak :D, Im not great at FFS but Im finding a good couch co-op hard to find. Usually we just play Fifa/NBA/NFL but Rayman was a breath of fresh air, like amazing game

Battleborn is coming out at the start of May, it is being done by Gearbox as well and will have local co-op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    Battleborn is coming out at the start of May, it is being done by Gearbox as well and will have local co-op.

Of all the moba and moba ish games I keep forgetting this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody play the World of Tanks beta the weekend?

Played the last beta weekend and enjoyed it,could not get on this time though:(
    I teckon ill be picking it up upon release.

Also i may need help.....im totally hooked on Warframe atm,it does so many things well and just as many things badly but once you really get stuck into it im finding it a huge time sink and very enjoyable. Time consuming but enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anybody play the World of Tanks beta the weekend?

Played the last beta weekend and enjoyed it,could not get on this time though:(
    I teckon ill be picking it up upon release.

It's free to play so you'd be mad to not pick it up :)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's free to play so you'd be mad to not pick it up :)

True,but i wouldnt play a game just because its free to play!! Id have to have an interst in it of some kind.

First beta weekend i had a good laugh with it,its kinda like a tactical shooter. Slow paced and methodical then turns a bit hectic when you get hit from out of nowhere and have to scramble for cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EoinHef wrote: »
    True,but i wouldnt play a game just because its free to play!!

First beta weekend i had a good laugh with it,its kinda like a tactical shooter. Slow paced and methodical then turns a bit hectic when you get hit from out of nowhere and have to scramble for cover.

* For such a great game. You'd be mad to no pick it up for free, is what I really meant :cool:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    * For such a great game. You'd be mad to no pick it up for free, is what I really meant :cool:

Cool cheers Misky,i know what ye mean. Im excited for it now,was bummed when it was announced as exclusive to Xbox One for awhile there.

Always meant to try it on PC but never had anybody to try it out with me. Few of the lads on PS4 like the look of it though so have plenty of people to play with on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can anyone recommend a wheel?

Also, does anyone have project cars and not use a wheel?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Tyson Fury wrote: »

There really isn't a lot of choice for the PS4. The cheap ones are not worth bothering with and there is a big jump in price to anything worth using. I have this one.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/logitech-driving-force-g29-racing-wheel-black/333828/400.3.0

Its a great wheel and I couldn't play a racing game with a DS4 so the investment was worth it for me. I believe the Thrustmaster T300RS is also well regarded but I haven't tried it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My mate is a Project Cars fanatic and is able to use his old one from Xbox 360 on it, Fanatec is the brand I think....

See the Racing Sims forum for details... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Think it's the thrustmaster t80 I have, cheapest wheel on the market but does the job, game is much better with it than without, as much as I want a g29 I would just never use it enough to spend that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

LA Cops is a pretty epic game for €3.50 ... Easy Platinum aswell it looks like, worth checking out especially if you liked Hotline Miami...

New System Update there...

No sexyness to report, just the old stability....

Love a bit of stability I does... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Always annoying when you put your feet up and your ps4 on to watch a bit of Netflix only to be greeted with a "system needs to update message" first. Bah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I don't use a wheel. It plays fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Does anyone know if there is a shortage of PS4 stock at the moment? I am really struggling to find an uncharted Bundle any where in Ireland. Argos have been out of stock for ages

Deedsie wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a shortage of PS4 stock at the moment? I am really struggling to find an uncharted Bundle any where in Ireland. Argos have been out of stock for ages

I'd say they've stopped doing the Uncharted bundle at this stage?

Could be wrong but I'd say there may have only been a limited stock and then onto the next big game and box it with a console type thing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wanted to get The Banner Saga but sorry the €20 premium price on most new digital games is a bit too steep for me.
    I just know that Firewatch & The Witness will be the same if not more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd say they've stopped doing the Uncharted bundle at this stage?

Could be wrong but I'd say there may have only been a limited stock and then onto the next big game and box it with a console type thing....

I think you may be right, darn it. Does anyone know which bundles are definitely the CChasis model? There are 1TB ps4s in stock in Argos but the price isn't as good as it was pre Christmas. I was hoping there might be a January sale. Sold my PS4 back in November. Really missing it now.

What will the next round of bundled ps4's be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wanted to get The Banner Saga but sorry the €20 premium price on most new digital games is a bit too steep for me.
    I just know that Firewatch & The Witness will be the same if not more

20 euro for a game really isn't a premium. I'm confident Firewatch and The Witness will be two of the best games of the year.

If you want it a little cheaper you could create a US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Speaking of digital games, the devs of Oxenfree have confirmed it will come to on PS4 after it's exclusivity window with Microsoft. Looks like a cool game and it's been getting some pretty good buzz from podcasts I've listened to.

https://twitter.com/nightschoolers/status/687297242533777409

It's out on Xbox One this Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Recently enough you could hover a game in your main dashboard and see "Friends who play this game".

That seems gone now, what's the deal?

Any way of seeing, if I look at say GTA5, who else on my friends list has played it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone have problems with their wireless headset after the update ?

I can upload new sound profiles when plugged in by USB. I can plug it in to controller and it works but it no longer works wirelessly. Dongle is blinking blue light as normal but no connection seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Damien360 wrote: »
    Anyone have problems with their wireless headset after the update ?

I can upload new sound profiles when plugged in by USB. I can plug it in to controller and it works but it no longer works wirelessly. Dongle is blinking blue light as normal but no connection seen.

Mine has been fine since the update but I haven't plugged it in to the ps4 so perhaps thats how the fault started for you?
    Would this help?

https://youtu.be/PkNeR-yBfpQ

Conar wrote: »
    Mine has been fine since the update but I haven't plugged it in to the ps4 so perhaps thats how the fault started for you?
    Would this help?

I will try that later but good god 8 and 1/2 minutes to get 30 seconds of information out of that stone head.

Conar wrote: »
    Would this help?

That worked a treat. Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just reserved the handsome collection for the ps4 in argos. 24 lids. If anyone hasn't played it I'd thoroughly recommend it. Two excellent games and a bundle of DLC, can't go far wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement