Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I was one win away from getting a Platinum in FIFA 16............................................. then I lost :( ... Hate that I have to save 15,000 coins then enter a tournament and win 4 games in a row to get the platinum, and if I lose I have to save again ...

Playing Hardware Rivals quite a bit now though also and it is pretty decent just takes some time to get used to the controls... Party system on the other hand is pathetic... The game works through the PS Voice Party system somehow and it's just absolutely dreadful to try team up with a mate...

Im in the same boat for Fifa, I really dont enjoy draft mode, its only really worth it if you win 3 games which I keep failing to do :(
    To make it worse today was the first decent player I got from the packs in Fabergas and sold him for another token which I failed to get past second game :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is now €9, which is now the amount that I feel OK to pay on such a short game.
    Still doesn't have a run button though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

duploelabs wrote: »
    Still doesn't have a run button though

It's had a run button since launch. :confused:

• Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a headset?

I would second the 2.0 headset. I thought Sony wouldn't bother keeping the headset update app up to date but to be fair they have.

Very clear sound and reasonable priced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone played the evil within? worth a go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I played through it before Christmas. It's not the most original, but I really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a headset?

I'd recommend the Turtle Beach Px-22 if you don't mind getting a wired headset. Great, clear sound quality from the headphones and mic and they are compatible with bunch of systems (PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox 1, PC and phones (but not the mic I don't think)). Cheaper than the Sony headset too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Benzino wrote: »
    I'd recommend the Turtle Beach Px-22 if you don't mind getting a wired headset. Great, clear sound quality from the headphones and mic and they are compatible with bunch of systems (PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox 1, PC and phones (but not the mic I don't think)). Cheaper than the Sony headset too.

Cheers, but think I'll go the wireless route

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Really hard game to be honest picked up the Limited Edition a few months back for €20 going to trade it in for €14 this week... Probably keep the notebook that came with it though... Was a game I was really looking forward too but not enjoying how tough it actually can be and this wasn't even far into the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Cheers, but think I'll go the wireless route

A50 are fantastic, expensive but the sound is second to none on console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

cadete wrote: »
    A50 are fantastic, expensive but the sound is second to none on console

Cheers, but no headset is worth 350 quid imo

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

tok9 wrote: »
    It's had a run button since launch. :confused:

TBH it's more a "walk kind of faster" button as opposed to a run.

I'd haighly recommend getting the DLC too, in particular the first two. They pretty much explain the story since the game itself does a terrible job of it and they are really good.

TBH it's more a "walk kind of faster" button as opposed to a run.

To be fair it's not exactly Call of Duty here. How fast your character goes is very much in tone with the game. If you could just sprint through the whole game you wouldn't really embrace it in the same way.

Regardless of whether it's call of duty or not, it's too big a map area to be walking so unbelievably slowly. You just know they've set it that way because if you could walk quicker, the game would be about 20 minutes long.

I honestly never felt I was walking too slowly. The world isn't particularly big and the run button is fast enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The movement speed is an essential element of the game's pacing IMO. It is clearly a very considered design choice - when the primary and nearly only player input is walking, you can be damn well sure it's something they put a good bit of thought into :pac:. Part of it certainly is to discourage the player from rushing to the end point, but that's essential because of the Chinese Room's intentions. They want you to take your time and ensure when you reach a location it is meaningful and worthy of exploration. The considered, ambling pace not only suits the environment - a hushed, relaxed countryside setting - but helped me forge a more substantial connection with the game world. If the game was faster paced, I'd almost guarantee that many more players would rush down the game's linear path (which is unquestionably there) and miss or overlook details that emerge off the various beaten tracks. It's the unhurried pace that amplifies the impact of the sights, sounds and stories encountered in the game. The speed, really, is crucial to the core stylistic and artistic motivations of the game.

Which isn't to say the walking speed's limitations don't start to show if, for example, you happen to want to do some backtracking. While the game world is reasonably small and features numerous shortcuts as you traverse it, it'd be a bit of a pain if you wanted to go back to one particular spot. Nonetheless, I think the plentiful positive consequences of the slow pace significantly outweigh any negative ones, and ultimately plays an integral part in amplifying the meditative, unnaturally serene mood the developers are trying - and IMO succeeding - in evoking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

tok9 wrote: »
    How fast your character goes is very much in tone with the game.

It is far too slow, especially if you want to go back to a different area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It will be over 9 hours before I'm home.

:(

CZogeWqWkAA0i3b.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Otacon wrote: »
    It will be over 9 hours before I'm home.

:(

Is there someone at home who can turn on PS4 so it downloads during that time?

For anyone interested in Oddworld, there is a free dynamic theme on US PSN - One of the best themes I've seen so far.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Is there someone at home who can turn on PS4 so it downloads during that time?

No need. My PS4 is in rest mode and the download should have already kicked off.

EDIT: Actually, it's already finished.

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=15375

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    No need. My PS4 is in rest mode and the download should have already kicked off.

EDIT: Actually, it's already finished.

Just to added it'll only push the download if the PS4 is set as the home/primary console for that account.
    Seems to be the same for uploads, the PS4 won't upload saves automatically if it's not the set as primary.

Really have to sort the remote play out on mine, wouldn't be really playing but it'd be handy at times.

Varik wrote: »
    Really have to sort the remote play out on mine, wouldn't be really playing but it'd be handy at times.

I mostly use it to confirm downloads have completed or started. The work wi-fi is too flaky to game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

I know in the scheme on things it doesn't matter at all, but did Sony put any thought or logic whatsoever into the Just For You section of the PS Store? I buy pretty much all my games on line so, with me, they definitely have a large enough base to go on, yet whenever I look it is always the same games they recommend.

Because I bought the Nathan Drake collection: recommended for you: Star Wars Battlefront, Farcry 4 (a few others as well but nothing much)
    Because I bought Grim Fandango (which I didn't buy as such, I got it as part of the PS Plus): recommended for you: Star Wars Battlefront, Farcry 4
    I just bought the witness: recommended for you: Star Wars Battlefront, Farcry 4
    I have lego marvel avengers pre-ordered: recommended for you: Star Wars Battlefront, Farcry 4

The giveaway then at bottom of the screen then it says: Best selling games: Star Wars Battlefront and Farcry 4

Like I said, not the end of the world either way, but if I really like a game, i would like to be able to trust that they are showing me games of a similar ilk that I can actually think about buying rather than just whatever is top of the sellers list at that time. Would they really recommend someone who bought Lego Avengers to go out and buy Farcry 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The method requires you to pre-order

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pre-ordered and downloading the beta at the moment. Once it's finished, I'll cancel my pre-order. Good shout man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Pre-ordered and downloading the beta at the moment. Once it's finished, I'll cancel my pre-order. Good shout man.

Lost interest after seeing the first few streams, the Ubi hype was real, looks awful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fieldog wrote: »
    Lost interest after seeing the first few streams, the Ubi hype was real, looks awful...

I'm the opposite, only got really interested after seeing the streams, looks class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, only got really interested after seeing the streams, looks class.

How big was the graphical downgrade?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement