Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cheers, both look very interesting, will have to buy them fairly soon i reckon.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is very addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Hey guys.
    Been out of the release date loop for a while.
    Are there any "AAA" titles on the horizon... What are we all looking forward to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hey guys.
    Been out of the release date loop for a while.
    Are there any "AAA" titles on the horizon... What are we all looking forward to?

Below is a list of the AAA (-ish in some cases) games I'm looking forward to, with other smaller titles dotted in between. (Up to the end of April)

- Gravity Rush Remastered
    - Street Fighter V
    - Far Cry Primal
    - Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
    - Heavy Rain
    - Tom Clancy's The Division
    - Hitman
    - EA Sports UFC 2
    - Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
    - Dark Souls III
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fire Watch,
    Unravel
    Mirror's Edge

To add to the list for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The last guardian

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    The last guardian

He did say on the horizon. That game won't be out this year, maybe next year at a push.:D

duploelabs wrote: »
    The last guardian
    He did say on the horizon. That game won't be out this year, maybe next year at a push.:D

At E3, the trailer said 2016 and I have a feeling Sony will do anything but delay it again.

That said, I'm guessing a late summer/autumn release date.

Otacon wrote: »
    At E3, the trailer said 2016 and I have a feeling Sony will do anything but delay it again.

That said, I'm guessing a late summer/autumn release date.

I highly doubt they will release it if it's not up to standard. It's a case of it'll take as long as it needs. They know the hype is still there, no need to push out a sub standard mess that could be a big system seller with more time given to it.

I don't see the appeal of it any more myself but I'll let Sony prove me wrong.
    And yes I did enjoy the likes of Ico and Journey but this comes across as lacking the spark to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What is Fire Watch? saw a little gameplay vid for it and it didn't really say much....

I highly doubt they will release it if it's not up to standard.

I would agree with you but the trailer they showed was game-play that looked close to final. Complete speculation on my part but I think the game is pretty much done, outside of polishing and refining it.

After all the crap they endured on it, I doubt they would announce a release year without being pretty certain this time - especially for this game.

• Advertisement

What is Fire Watch? saw a little gameplay vid for it and it didn't really say much....

A debut game from Campo Santo, a new studio made up of people from the original Telltale's The Walking Dead game (and others). In terms of game-play, it looks like a story-driven, first-person adventure game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Here is my wallet take all my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,091 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone played Rory McIlroy golf? 16 quid in the store, worth it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I heard its rubbish but it works out at less than €9 on the Canadian store, so...

Currently downloading. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Hahah was looking at it aswell, let me know what its like if you grab it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Anyone recommend a remote control for the PS4? Just something to use Sky, Netflix, Plex etc, instead of using my controller. Cheers.

dohboy wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a remote control for the PS4? Just something to use Sky, Netflix, Plex etc, instead of using my controller. Cheers.

What about the Universal Media Remote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

dohboy wrote: »

If your TV has hdmi-cec you should be able to use your TV remote.

Put hdmi-cec + ps4 into YouTube to see how it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, i got it for €35 a few months back and the golf mechanics are good but the online content is still bare.
    They do keep on adding more content (play modes and courses) so there is more than enough in the game to justify the current price of 16 quid.

Ah nuts, just paid full whack for it a couple of weeks ago. It's good. Commentary is very repetitive but not too shabby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I was going to pick up Mcilroys golf too, seeing how much its dropped to... but i couldn't stand it at launch, Them player reaction animations you have to sit through after every single shot, was doing my head in. Completely messing up the flow i've become familiar with with the series. And thats taking a shot and immediately seeing where the ball is going with the camera following behind (giving time to apply spin and see where the balls headed). But now you take a shot and instead it goes to the player reacting to the shot he just took, a few seconds of animation, and then to the ball mid air.. the animations got real repetitive real fast.

Was there ever an option added to turn off player reaction animation does anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

double post

I was going to pick up Mcilroys golf too, seeing how much its dropped to... but i couldn't stand it at launch, Them player reaction animations you have to sit through after every single shot, was doing my head in. Completely messing up the flow i've become familiar with with the series. And thats taking a shot and immediately seeing where the ball is going with the camera following behind (giving time to apply spin and see where the balls headed). But now you take a shot and instead it goes to the player reacting to the shot he just took, a few seconds of animation, and then to the ball mid air.. the animations got real repetitive real fast.

Was there ever an option added to turn off player reaction animation does anyone know ?

Think in the settings you can adjust it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It'd be rude not to buy it at that price.

FORE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was about to say the PVP part of H1Z1 is being released but that's not right.

Daybreak (formerly SOE) are releasing a the arena/Battle royal part of H1Z1 on console this summer, no word on the main game.

Was about to say the PVP part of H1Z1 is being released but that's not right.

Daybreak (formerly SOE) are releasing a the arena/Battle royal part of H1Z1 on console this summer, no word on the main game.

18747662.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm mad to play that on ps4....the main game that is, not some arena battle. I wonder is the main game too big/complex for ps4 to handle? Hardly think so but why only release a part of it.

I'm mad for a zombie survive em up on console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone else having trouble purchasing PSN Codes from pcgamesupply? ... Keeps processing then nothing happens, trying to purchase Rory McIlroy golf and Battlefield Hardline

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm mad to play that on ps4....the main game that is, not some arena battle. I wonder is the main game too big/complex for ps4 to handle? Hardly think so but why only release a part of it.

I'm mad for a zombie survive em up on console.

Don't think that's it.

The battle royal mode is part of this and that's almost the full map by itself; with a Battle royal / hunger games esc gameplay. It's far more hectic with player concentrating into areas and more fighting.

I think they're just trying to cash in now as the main game is still a bit away, and try to get those micro transaction flowing sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone else having trouble purchasing PSN Codes from pcgamesupply? ... Keeps processing then nothing happens, trying to purchase Rory McIlroy golf and Battlefield Hardline

Bought one earlier and it only took a couple of minutes to deliver my code, which is actually a couple of minutes longer than usual. Did you change any details in your payment info or billing address? They're very strict when your billing details don't match those in your PCGS account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement