Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's like what happened me the first time I ever played Res Evil 3 and to my shock you start the game with an M4 assault rifle equipped compared to just a knife or pistol in the earlier games. I thought I somehow activated a cheat at the time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Higher level = more time spent playing = being able to absolutely destroy people who are new at the game...

Sure that's like any game really. It takes an adjustment at the start alright but after a few rounds you should get the hang of it. There will always be more experienced players. If anything you learn more playing against them. If you're stuck playing other new players from the beginning then the learning curve will be super dragged out as you'll get away with sloppy play longer as they won't see through it.
    GerB40 wrote: »
    I only bought TLoU the other day and I'm planning on trying multiplayer as soon as I finish Left Behind. Any tips for me so I won't be completely shít starting off? My favourite gun in the main game was the shotgun and you seem to disapprove so any help would be greatly appreciated..

Upgrade your main weapon first when you get the parts. You'll be tempted to go for armor but I'm telling you - armor is a secondary objective. Weapon-wise just pick what you feel suits you. The reason I like the full-auto is that if somebody is rushing at you to melee and you pump five shots in there is no spacing to let them hit you. Nothing rages me more than firing two Semi shots into somebody and boom a damned scissors stick (might not be the technical term) to the face. Don't bother crafting health packs either. Save the materials for Molotovs. There are health packs around the place you can pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Cheers Tomagotchye...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I am not a fan of the multiplayer in the last of us either but only because I am terrible at it. Currently on Week 6 Day 4 of my first run through on firefly. Just had my first 100% mission. Terrified that I have 4 more to get through. I'll be seriously pissed off if my clan gets wiped and I have to start again.

I have completed the main game on Grounded + and Left Behind on survivor. So hopefully I am well on my way the 100% completion but I am really struggling with the multiplayer side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭Evade

Deedsie wrote: »
    I am not a fan of the multiplayer in the last of us either but only because I am terrible at it. Currently on Week 6 Day 4 of my first run through on firefly. Just had my first 100% mission. Terrified that I have 4 more to get through. I'll be seriously pissed off if my clan gets wiped and I have to start again.
    I usually keep easy challenges like downs 1, downs 2, downs with favourite weapon 1 (semi-auto rifle in my case), and executions 1 for 100% risk events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've another EU planetside 2 beta key if anyone wants it.

They haven't released a lot so the game is empty, it's maybe a dozen at best fighting over each base. Usually it just a couple at a time. I'd say they'll open it up soon, not sure what the point is if they don't.

Evade wrote: »
    I usually keep easy challenges like downs 1, downs 2, downs with favourite weapon 1 (semi-auto rifle in my case), and executions 1 for 100% risk events.

My downs and executions stats are pathetic. I think the highest I've got in a full game of supply raid is six. I have played through about 44 days at this stage. I think my next 100% mission is in week 8. Don't know what to go for really. I currently have 12 survivors in my clan

Survivors is the only way to play for me. I don't even go near supply raid. Sure you only get one chance per round but I find you pick up waaaay more parts. Try doing that instead and see if those survivor numbers grow back to a healthy margin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads this is the best class imo: silenced semi auto rifle, covert training 3 and shotgun. And never sprint.

There are some good mp tips videos on YouTube as well.

My downs and executions stats are pathetic. I think the highest I've got in a full game of supply raid is six. I have played through about 44 days at this stage. I think my next 100% mission is in week 8. Don't know what to go for really. I currently have 12 survivors in my clan
    It's on week 8 day 2. All you need to complete downs tier 1 or downs with weapon tier 1 is 3 downs across 3 matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Varik wrote: »
    I've another EU planetside 2 beta key if anyone wants it.

They haven't released a lot so the game is empty, it's maybe a dozen at best fighting over each base. Usually it just a couple at a time. I'd say they'll open it up soon, not sure what the point is if they don't.

I'll take that off your hands if you don't mind :)

Does anybody know a list of games that can play two players from the same console online together? I'm trying to get the woman in on games and asides from fifa I can't think of any. She'd like a shooter realistically but I don't know if Battlefield has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

You could try local co-op plants vs zombies garden warfare?

Dont dismiss it until you've tried it. Addictive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Little Big Planet does be a bit of craic with 2 players on the same screen.
    Same with the Lego games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does anybody know a list of games that can play two players from the same console online together? I'm trying to get the woman in on games and asides from fifa I can't think of any. She'd like a shooter realistically but I don't know if Battlefield has it?

Borderlands, the handsome jack collection includes the more recent 2 games and is split-screen.

Diablo 3, and there's a bunch of shared screen games that might appeal.

Also try here.

co-optimus

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Myself and the missus like to play some games on the PS4 but not really online but I'll give you my 2 cents non the less! They wouldn't be AAA type games such as Battlefield or anything but the games we enjoy playing together include the following;

- Towerfall Ascension
    - Injustice Gods Among Us

The above were from the Playstation Plus games so if you have those it won't cost you anything!

Then also

- Peggle 2
    - Fibbage (got it from the US Store, great party/quiz game)

They might not interest you but sure, worth giving a try.

Thanks guys! Good to know there are options anyways for her. Just realised that Woah Dave had 2 player too so we've been kicking around on that for a bit now getting her used to the controller. She'd want to start chipping in on the aul funds though :P I'm not buying Little Big Planet for me like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I mentioned Xtravision earlier in the thread folks. They have a new plan in certain stores (Tallaght is one in Dub) where you pay €14.99 a month and can take any game or film out for as long as you like. I enclose an image. Reason enough to never buy a full price game again!

I'm hoping they roll it out nationwide soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,818 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lemlin wrote: »
    I mentioned Xtravision earlier in the thread folks. They have a new plan in certain stores (Tallaght is one in Dub) where you pay €14.99 a month and can take any game or film out for as long as you like. I enclose an image. Reason enough to never buy a full price game again!

Bizarre they've included PS4 in that as it's a tenner to rent a game for 3 nights. Will be well worth it to pay 15 and just go through any PS4 games you might have missed over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Lemlin wrote: »

Thats a really good offer, meself and the missus were on the pass for dvds anyway so happy days if ps4 games are now included! will check it out at the weekend for sure, wanna play the order, hardline and bloodborne but didnt wanna buy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Bizarre they've included PS4 in that as it's a tenner to rent a game for 3 nights. Will be well worth it to pay 15 and just go through any PS4 games you might have missed over a month.

I wouldn't imagine they are renting many at a tenner for three nights though. I'm actually on a twenty euro plan and was told last week that PS4 games were "too expensive" to be put on it.

I've lodged my complaint with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Right so im upgrading my HDD in the Ps4.

So far i have backed up my ps4 to my external hdd(390gb took 8 hours)

So im guessing my next step is put in the new hdd and download the latest system update then go and restore my backup onto the new hdd.

Is that all iv to do?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Right so im upgrading my HDD in the Ps4.

So far i have backed up my ps4 to my external hdd(390gb took 8 hours)

So im guessing my next step is put in the new hdd and download the latest system update then go and restore my backup onto the new hdd.

Is that all iv to do?

Thanks

Having not done it on the PS4 but have done it on the PS3 a few times yep thats all there is too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Best place to get psn credit codes? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Best place to get psn credit codes? Thanks

Basically Amazon for codes if you want them digitally, but they will be the same price as getting them from your PSN account, you are not going to get any deals on them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has the American store been updated? Trying to look at deals but they all seem pretty poor not sure if it is the same deals from last week or not though...

Has the American store been updated? Trying to look at deals but they all seem pretty poor not sure if it is the same deals from last week or not though...

It updates today, so maybe check again every few hours.

Bastion is out tomorrow, well worth the buy if people have not played it before, it will be cross buy as well when the Vita version comes out.

Evade wrote: »

I got the firefly journey trophy this evening. Was very repetitive towards the end, I did craft gifts and revive for the 100% missions. I think I'll take a break before I go for the Hunter journey trophy.

• Advertisement

I got the firefly journey trophy this evening. Was very repetitive towards the end, I did craft gifts and revive for the 100% missions. I think I'll take a break before I go for the Hunter journey trophy.
    It's easier the second time around because of all the extra unlocks you have now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement