Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

penev10 wrote: »
    Is there a reliable fix for the ds4 lag / connection issues? Can't find anything solid or recent about it

Never experienced any issues ever with the DS4s. Sure your controller is not dodgy or acting up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Xenji wrote: »
    Even though I picked up Street Fighter today, I would not recommend it unless you are big on playing online, it does not even have a vs cpu mode.

That's pretty pathetic from Capcom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

it does not even have a vs cpu mode.

I'm not sure it needs it. You can set the Training mode to mimic it anyway by implementing rounds in the options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    I'm not sure it needs it. You can set the Training mode to mimic it anyway by implementing rounds in the options.

Which means there's no reason not to have it, and they can't patch a mode in simply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've no interest in online play for Street Fighter. I play solely vs CPU or local multiplayer. So I'll stick to Street Fighter IV on the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm not butt hurt in the least. I said your statement once you'd qualified it was fair enough.

I'd imagine that most people who have a PS4 don't have a gaming PC and therefore commenting on the library from your perspective without qualifying that comment wasn't particularly helpful and was bound to provoke a couple of comments. It's like me saying DVD has a poor library because I only watch Blu Rays.

But whatever, not meaning to cause bother :)
    just on pc library being amazing ill agree compared to ps4/xbox one that is true but i had a full gaming rig last year in the space of 6 months i was all in for about 1200 euro and tbh the pc i had struggled with a lot of games, so upgrading is insane tbh. much handier having a console setup to plug and play imo. i really miss csgo apart from that meh to pc gaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Yaa, I get to post more stickers and confuse people not in the beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Never experienced any issues ever with the DS4s. Sure your controller is not dodgy or acting up.

It's acting up alright. Has started lagging in game and freezing etc. Apparently it was common before being patched out last year. I'll try resetting and re-pairing it. Just thought someone might have a sure-fire fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody having any trouble playing Uncharted 2? When ever I'm using my blue controller which is only a couple of weeks old and still in like new condition, the guns won't shoot properly, like if I'm using a hand gun I'll press R2 it'll shoot I'll press it again straight away and I won't shoot again and I've to either reload which will leave me shoot once or leave a few seconds between shots to shoot repeatedly, my black controller which I got with my PS works fine with the shooting?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody having any trouble playing Uncharted 2? When ever I'm using my blue controller which is only a couple of weeks old and still in like new condition, the guns won't shoot properly, like if I'm using a hand gun I'll press R2 it'll shoot I'll press it again straight away and I won't shoot again and I've to either reload which will leave me shoot once or leave a few seconds between shots to shoot repeatedly, my black controller which I got with my PS works fine with the shooting?.

Maybe its the controller and not uncharted??

I've tried it with other games, including shooting games and it works fine. I found out I need to let the R2 button go all the way up to the top before I can shoot again, which is rather weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Are you shooting your loadout :D too quickly by any chance? Happens to a lot of young men don't worry about it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd the same with Sniper Elite 3, Wouldn't happen in any other game but the odd time when I was just sneaking up to garrott a baddie I'd suddenly throw a grenade or shoot him with my rifle, cue the panic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm currently using this excuse in Street Fighter V also, I'd swear I hit the kick button but Ryu is, standing there like a plank before getting punched in the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

PS4 not reading any discs :(
    Have it since launch day, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

PS4 not reading any discs :(
    Have it since launch day, any suggestions?

I happens with me too. What I do is wait until if fails to read the disc, press start and press remove disc and put it back in. It always reads the disc the second time. Hope it helps..

GerB40 wrote: »
    I happens with me too. What I do is wait until if fails to read the disc, press start and press remove disc and put it back in. It always reads the disc the second time. Hope it helps..

Cheers. I'll give that a try. It was working fine until this morning, little nephew went to change disc and it wouldn't read the one he put in or anything else after that.

No luck with that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Now that ive turned to the darkside(well half way since I have m xb1 aswell) ive loads of ps4 related questions...im not used to the ps4 interface.

So first up..any idea what ports to open to get nat1 on a ps4??
    Only getting nat 2 at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Now that ive turned to the darkside(well half way since I have m xb1 aswell) ive loads of ps4 related questions...im not used to the ps4 interface.

So first up..any idea what ports to open to get nat1 on a ps4??
    Only getting nat 2 at the minute.

Who is your ISP? If it's Eircom, I don't think there's any way of getting Nat 1, because I've tried hundreds of different port combinations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Cheers. I'll give that a try. It was working fine until this morning, little nephew went to change disc and it wouldn't read the one he put in or anything else after that.

He omitted the part of the story where he crammed a meatball marinara sub into the disc slot :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mmmm meatball marinara *drools*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

martyos121 wrote: »
    Who is your ISP? If it's Eircom, I don't think there's any way of getting Nat 1, because I've tried hundreds of different port combinations.

Its upc.
    Is nat 2 ok for onlin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Its upc.
    Is nat 2 ok for onlin?

Nat 2 is grand, there's honestly no need for Nat 1 but like yourself, I'd rather be on 1 than 2.

Not sure if you can get Nat 1 with UPC, but hopefully someone who has it will have an answer for you on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Whats the story with communities on the ps4? They now have a search function so may become a bit more visible and used

You know the way if your plus runs out you Plus games collection will be avalaible again the next time you renew is this the same for Cloud Saves?

And if so, is there any limit to how long you've to renew?

Its upc.
    Is nat 2 ok for onlin?

Last I heard Nat 2 was just as good as 1, but from my own experience UPC's internet is terrible with PS4's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You know the way if your plus runs out you Plus games collection will be avalaible again the next time you renew is this the same for Cloud Saves?

And if so, is there any limit to how long you've to renew?

6 months for both.

• Advertisement

6 months for both.

Ah that's grand so, cheers man!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement