Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Xenji wrote: »
    6 months for both.

Meaning both the games and saves will disappear? I believe its just the saves, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wright wrote: »
    Meaning both the games and saves will disappear? I believe its just the saves, no?

Just saves, meant both are still there when you renew, but you have to renew within 6 months or the saves will disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi All, is the gamescollection.net reliable for purchasing games? The exchange rate is favourable now so if delivery times are good and the are dependable may use it to get the division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do cex sell new games, im wondering could i send in some old games and get the division next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Hi All, is the gamescollection.net reliable for purchasing games? The exchange rate is favourable now so if delivery times are good and the are dependable may use it to get the division.

You mean the game collection? They're very good.

edit - cex does not sell new games, it'll be dependant on when people start trading it in, basically.

• Advertisement

Technically CEX can't sell new games whatsoever. I brought in a sealed copy of Fallout 4, because I went digital due to a f*ck up with preorder, and they asked me to remove the seal and outer wrapping, because they're just not allowed to sell games like that -- so if you mean new as in sealed, you won't find it there.

You'll find new releases, sure, but as MilesMorales1 said, it largely depends on the kind of game and when people trade it in, but ones that were recently brought out are usually snapped up pretty sharpish.

TBH in my experience, there isn't much difference between a full retail price and what they'd charge for the same for recent releases .. maybe about €10 - €15 in the difference. If you can afford it and want the guaranteed copy, I'd stick with the likes of GameStop/Game/Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

That is true, but cex trade in value is usually much higher than gamestop and the like. I mean ideally you'd wanna trade stuff in, then wait, since big multi-platform stuff tends to plummet in price quickly after launch,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye im kinda broke so will definitely trade them in with cex I think even if it means waiting a bit after release

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Has anyone played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for PS4 bought it on Friday going to play it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Has anyone played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for PS4 bought it on Friday going to play it tonight.

Yeah, decent port of it and a very easy platinum too if you're going to put the time in. Don't need to get 100% for the plat which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Update 3.50 details released. Anyone get picked for the Beta that starts tomorrow?

Appear offline was one of my most wanted features, happy with that. Just hope change PSN username gets added next.
    • Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends.
    • Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
    • User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
    • Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
    • Dailymotion, new service partner in Share feature – Dailymotion, an additional live streaming service, will become available for PS4 users to enhance their broadcast experience. Like other live streaming services available on PS4, users will enjoy the following features: Activity Feed, What’s New Broadcast Info Tile, Live Detail and Live from PlayStation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

remote play on pc/mac, yes please! also whilst they're at it I'd love a capture gallery sync to dropbox or equivalent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

About time that online & offline notifications happened

remote play on pc/mac, yes please!

For some reason, I figured that just meant like a media player, being able to stream everything to a laptop and play games on it would be class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For some reason, I figured that just meant like a media player, being able to stream everything to a laptop and play games on it would be class.

Hopefully it will come with official DS4 drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Update 3.50 details released. Anyone get picked for the Beta that starts tomorrow?

Appear offline was one of my most wanted features, happy with that. Just hope change PSN username gets added next.

A nice update, good to see the appear offline and friend notifications got added eventually!

Broforce, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 4 Open Multiplayer Beta are live on the store now. Well Heavy Rain will be out tomorrow and Beta kicks off Friday but you can download it now.

I thought JASSSOOOOOOOONNN was a class game albeit crazy plot holes but really enjoyed it. Not sure If I'd get it again though just for enhanced graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Broforce, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 4 Open Multiplayer Beta are live on the store now

does anyone know if you need psn+ to play the uncharted beta?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    does anyone know if you need psn+ to play the uncharted beta?

You needed it for the multiplayer beta back in December, so I would assume it is the same again.

Actually it is open to everyone this time.
    Please help us create the best multiplayer experience possible and participate in the stress test before launch. Also, and this is important because we want as many people playing as possible, a PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to participate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah, decent port of it and a very easy platinum too if you're going to put the time in. Don't need to get 100% for the plat which is great.

Cool thanks. Ya started it last night. Failed hard core with the first real mission as kept using right analogue button for 2 stick movement crashing and been wasted. Embarassing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Any recommendations for a quiz party games?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a quiz party games?

Jackbox Party Pack is really the only one, That Trivia Game is awful, would love to see Buzz back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Xenji wrote: »
    Jackbox Party Pack is really the only one, That Trivia Game is awful, would love to see Buzz back.

I like Trivial Pursuit, it's actually quite similar to Buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

downloading the uncharted multiplayer beta looking foward to playing it as I never played any of the others (jumped ship from 360)... I've heard nothing but good things about the uncharted series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

downloading the uncharted multiplayer beta looking foward to playing it as I never played any of the others (jumped ship from 360)... I've heard nothing but good things about the uncharted series

You should pick up the nathan drake collection to get upto speed

Downloaded the Uncharted multiplayer. I'm aware it doesn't start for another few days but fired it on out of curiosity anyway.
    Oh the noise of it :eek: I thought my console was going to take off, and that's without any gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Downloaded the Uncharted multiplayer. I'm aware it doesn't start for another few days but fired it on out of curiosity anyway.
    Oh the noise of it :eek: I thought my console was going to take off, and that's without any gameplay.

I was playing a bit street fighter v the other night and at one point I honestly thought the ps4 was going to blow up!

Sounded like it was taking off. It has to be only a matter of time before it dies I'd say and I don't even play it that often. 1st generation ps4.

I was playing a bit street fighter v the other night and at one point I honestly thought the ps4 was going to blow up!

Sounded like it was taking off. It has to be only a matter of time before it dies I'd say and I don't even play it that often. 1st generation ps4.

Yeah, mine is a launch day model. I used to get a lot of noise out of it when playing Rocket League but after some patches it has been fine, hopefully this can be sorted out likewise.

• Broforce :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My console was crazy, sounded like a hair dryer at times it was so loud!

My bedroom is fairly small so even if I had the headphones in I could still hear it, eventually had to sell it as o couldn't enjoy some games. Hoping to get one of the newer quieter models in the coming months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement