Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is there any info out yet in regards to each generation of the ps4 console reliability ?

I had multiple red ring of death on 360 and kinda get the feeling my 1st gen pa4 could go the same way.

Maybe I'm wrong but the amount of noise it makes time to time is pretty shocking and would lead me to believe that the fan is having to work overtime to keep the thing cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Cleaning the console vents every week or so helps. The fans won't have to work as hard if there is better air flow in and around the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Broforce :)

Absolutely quality game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cleaning the console vents every week or so helps. The fans won't have to work as hard if there is better air flow in and around the console.

I keep it quite clean alright but forget at times I suppose.

It has good air flow round it as well but sure look these things aren't meant to last. They have a life span of a couple of years I would suggest.

1st generation in particular as they haven't been road tested in the real work like the next ones.

Not like the good ol days of megadrives etc.. You could bounce them around the place and they'd still work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

When do people find out if they have been chosen for the new beta?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

lertsnim wrote: »

It starts today, I'd say we weren't selected if we haven't heard yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Does anyone get a very loud beep from the console randomly?
    Happens every couple of days, could be soon after switching on or after a few hours. Nothing seems to happen and the console keeps working away fine, but it is rather disconcerting. It only started happening a few weeks ago, have the console since feb 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

morritty wrote: »
    About time that online & offline notifications happened

Only took over 2 years to add a feature in that was available about 8 years ago on ps3. Good job Sony....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    It starts today, I'd say we weren't selected if we haven't heard yet.

if you can get a loan of the collection and have a save from that then the beta will run and you don't need anything to download it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Does anyone get a very loud beep from the console randomly?
    Happens every couple of days, could be soon after switching on or after a few hours. Nothing seems to happen and the console keeps working away fine, but it is rather disconcerting. It only started happening a few weeks ago, have the console since feb 2014

Yeah I get that too, did you upgrade your hard drive? That's what seems to be the cause of it after doing a bit of research.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

You should pick up the nathan drake collection to get upto speed

do ye think a game like Uncharted 4 would be ok to jump into if you didn't play the other ones or would the story be confusing as I don't think ill bother getting the Nathan Drake collection??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

do ye think a game like Uncharted 4 would be ok to jump into if you didn't play the other ones or would the story be confusing as I don't think ill bother getting the Nathan Drake collection??

Era for 30 quid for the collection, its almost too good a deal to pass on.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah I get that too, did you upgrade your hard drive? That's what seems to be the cause of it after doing a bit of research.

Ah, interesting. I did upgrade my drive, replaced it with a 2TB one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

lertsnim wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »
    if you can get a loan of the collection and have a save from that then the beta will run and you don't need anything to download it.

Just got the email 5 minutes ago.
    300.5MB downloading now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just got the email 5 minutes ago.
    300.5MB downloading now.

Ditto....

Edit : Hallelujah!

8Jfssjm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I have gotten the email too. I am looking forward to some of the features that this update brings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got it as well. No more 'X has joined a party' messages, excellent!!

Nice to see one line of a message in the notification before you go into it either....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The missus bought herself plants vs Zombies 2 in GameStop today for €75 euro. What a rip. I'd say the game will be €30 on the PS store within a month.
    It should be a €30 game for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,328 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

iamtony wrote: »
    The missus bought herself plants vs Zombies 2 in GameStop today for €75 euro. What a rip. I'd say the game will be €30 on the PS store within a month.
    It should be a €30 game for starters.

Don't open it and return it. Say it was a gift but they already had it.

If they won't give a refund just get psn credit.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't open it and return it. Say it was a gift but they already had it.

If they won't give a refund just get psn credit.

Too late she already opened it. I just don't think it worth even half that money.

Too late she already opened it. I just don't think it worth even half that money.

It is good fun online but other than that no.

I'm nearly sure it's free on EA Access on Xbox which costs €25 a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It is good fun online but other than that no.

I'm nearly sure it's free on EA Access on Xbox which costs €25 a year.

That's PvZ 1.There's a new one (2) which was just released within the past few weeks. Cheapest price on XB1 is €38 from Russia.

Some people seem to absolutely love it, my friend for example can't get enough of it. Bit of a laugh but I never got addicted to it :rolleyes:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That's PvZ 1.There's a new one (2) which was just released within the past few weeks. Cheapest price on XB1 is €38 from Russia.

Some people seem to absolutely love it, my friend for example can't get enough of it. Bit of a laugh but I never got addicted to it :rolleyes:
    She enjoyed the first one that why she wanted the second one. I know there's more to this one compared to the first but I just can't stomach that price for a game unless it's gta 6 or something that you know cost hundreds of millions to make.
    This reminds me of a free to play game or something I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

She enjoyed the first one that why she wanted the second one. I know there's more to this one compared to the first but I just can't stomach that price for a game unless it's gta 6 or something that you know cost hundreds of millions to make.
    This reminds me of a free to play game or something I don't know.

Oh I agree with you 100%. At most I'd probably pay €30 if I was really wanting it. €65 everywhere else apart from Gamestop, you'll have to teach your Missus to go to Argos or Smyths in future, pretty much anywhere but Gamestop :P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh I agree with you 100%. At most I'd probably pay €30 if I was really wanting it. €65 everywhere else apart from Gamestop, you'll have to teach your Missus to go to Argos or Smyths in future, pretty much anywhere but Gamestop :P

I know I already said it too her. Apparently its my mothers day present to her so I have to cough up the doe shortly. That's why its bothering me.
    I remember when we got the first one it was €40 at the time and a week later it was €20 and then I seen it on sale for €10.

I know I already said it too her. Apparently its my mothers day present to her so I have to cough up the doe shortly. That's why its bothering me.
    I remember when we got the first one it was €40 at the time and a week later it was €20 and then I seen it on sale for €10.

And it went free for 24hours in the middle of the EA E3 conference

She's your mother and your wife :D

She's your mother and your wife :D

:-D good one! Damn kids haven't got a pot to piss in so I end up buying all her pressies. Every event it's 3 gifts I've to pay for one from me and one from each child.

I wouldn't mind, when I come home on Friday with me Zelda game and Amiibo for the Wii U she'll be giving me the looks. Damn women!

• Advertisement

:-D good one! Damn kids haven't got a pot to piss in so I end up buying all her pressies. Every event it's 3 gifts I've to pay for one from me and one from each child.

I wouldn't mind, when I come home on Friday with me Zelda game and Amiibo for the Wii U she'll be giving me the looks. Damn women!

Ha she has you rattled :D one from you and one from the kids should do you ain't made of money :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement