Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

do ye think a game like Uncharted 4 would be ok to jump into if you didn't play the other ones or would the story be confusing as I don't think ill bother getting the Nathan Drake collection??

You should watch all the cutscene movies on youtube, the first one is about 1.5 hours and the other two are about 3 hours long

But they're so good they're literally like movies

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlzKRwSDUONmlBFGscZkp1In-CIp04fE3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ha she has you rattled :D one from you and one from the kids should do you ain't made of money :)

That's not what she thinks! High maintenance this one is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Things I've noticed in 3.50:

- you can now share activities, including your friends' activities, on your wall.
    - you can tag other players when sharing now too, including on broadcasts.
    - (not sure if this is new or I haven't noticed it but...) you can now check the status of the PSN from Settings - Network (it just opens the status page in the browser)
    - finally, the ability to get notified when a friend comes online is customisable, meaning you can select which friends pop the notification. If you only care about a core group of people, or just one, you can select that.

Anyone notice anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 'Appear Offline' quick option from holding the PS button and selecting it is very very handy. Also, being able to toggle between seeing if people join a chat party. 3.50 by defalt turns this off which is very welcome as well. Must give it a proper test later, see how the new features work.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

do ye think a game like Uncharted 4 would be ok to jump into if you didn't play the other ones or would the story be confusing as I don't think ill bother getting the Nathan Drake collection??

I played part 3 before 1 and 2 (on the PS3) and it didn't matter much - they are all self contained stories - so i would imagine there is no problem starting with 4.

I would suggest though if you are considering getting the original collection (I highly recommend them), play them in the right order anyway. The games get better through the series so you if you play 4 and then try 1 afterwards, it may suffer in comparison (I have REALLY high hopes for part 4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I played part 3 before 1 and 2 (on the PS3) and it didn't matter much - they are all self contained stories - so i would imagine there is no problem starting with 4.

I would suggest though if you are considering getting the original collection (I highly recommend them), play them in the right order anyway. The games get better through the series so you if you play 4 and then try 1 afterwards, it may suffer in comparison (I have REALLY high hopes for part 4)

You could probably play 2 before 1 and not miss much but I think 3 played on the relationships between the characters heavily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The 'Appear Offline' quick option from holding the PS button and selecting it is very very handy. Also, being able to toggle between seeing if people join a chat party. 3.50 by defalt turns this off which is very welcome as well. Must give it a proper test later, see how the new features work.

Appear Offline ha about time! Can you log-in off line or do you load up first 'on-line' then have to go 'off line'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just got an invite to the beta there 10 minutes ago.

Downloading it now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

god's toy wrote: »
    Appear Offline ha about time! Can you log-in off line or do you load up first 'on-line' then have to go 'off line'?

No, if you set it to "appear offline", log off and back on later, you will not appear online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Seriously man, just play the 3 of them before the new one comes out.

Each game has a separate main story, so you wouldn't be losing out if you don't play them - However, you won't feel the connection with certain characters in the new one as much as you should.

The voice acting/direction/writing/gameplay make them all worth playing. Do yourself a favour and play them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You can beat all 3 games in about 28 hours combined if you are not interested in getting a platinum in any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just play two. The first one is pretty meh nowadays IMO. And the third was pretty but not much to it.

They're all decent games but I don't know if I'd recommend blitzing them. There's only one 'must play' game in the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Varik wrote: »
    You could probably play 2 before 1 and not miss much but I think 3 played on the relationships between the characters heavily.

You miss out on the significance of finding Lena in 2 if don't play 1 because you don't know about her. When I was playing 2 for the first time I was constantly asking myself what happened to her.

2 is hands down the best in series so far. I have played the first game remastered last week and once you get used to the shooting it holds up well considering it's age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I got the unchated collection to play through them properly before 4 came out (played 1 and 2 on release but that was ages ago).
    I forgot how frustrating 1 could be. Enemy wave, enemy wave, enemy wave, enemy wave, jump over gap, enemy wave, enemy wave, enemy wave. I can't remember if they get better :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anybody on the beta find that it can takes ages for a game to launch when you turn on the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I got the unchated collection to play through them properly before 4 came out (played 1 and 2 on release but that was ages ago).
    I forgot how frustrating 1 could be. Enemy wave, enemy wave, enemy wave, enemy wave, jump over gap, enemy wave, enemy wave, enemy wave. I can't remember if they get better :/

This. I keep turning it on but they are endless bad guys. Keep turning it off before any progress is made. 1 seems to a one time play through for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This. I keep turning it on but they are endless bad guys. Keep turning it off before any progress is made. 1 seems to a one time play through for me

The enemies are not endless in any part of Uncharted 1 because you have to be able to find the hidden tressure on each level. It's not Cod where every level has endless enemies in clown closets. Except for one part at the very end unless you make progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

been playing the Uncharted 4 beta a good bit over the weekend really enjoying it it looks a bit like the last of us remastered I'm defiantly going to pick up the Nathan drake collection in the coming weeks hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone not able to change their profile picture on PS4 via the app?

I can pick between avatar or FB profile but not via the app....

Thought it was because I was on beta FW, downgraded to make sure I wasn't going mad and its still not working... :(

Edit : Fixed itself after 12am, PSN is so fooking shít

Coming out next week, if you pre order it now you get a 10% discount, it will also be cross buy with the Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That release date came from no where. I'd generally wait for the vita version but I might not be able to!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hi I bought heavy rain last week because I wanted to use it for remote play. Thought it would be ideal for playing remotely,but I can't figure out how to get past the parts that require you to shake the controller. It was tweeted before release that it was compatible with remote play. Anyone know how to get it to work?. Cheers

Does anyone know how to move a preorder on PSN to a deluxe edition? When you preorder the regular edition, the deluxe becomes 'Unavailable'. I'm not sure if it will become available if I cancel the regular as I had cancelled the my preorder on The Division and it was still showing up as preordered so couldn't preorder again even if I wanted to.

Can't find much online, said I'd check here if anyone did it before. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Xenji wrote: »
    Coming out next week, if you pre order it now you get a 10% discount, it will also be cross buy with the Vita.

Wow this looks amazing. Almost like a 2D Bloodborne. I have too much of a backlog at the moment but will keep an eye on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Broforce 1.01 released but didn't fix the input lag at the start of each level :(

tok9 wrote: »
    That release date came from no where. I'd generally wait for the vita version but I might not be able to!

Still no date on the Vita version, just think of it as an excuse to play it twice.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Broforce 1.01 released but didn't fix the input lag at the start of each level :(

Didn't fix the audio issue either, not sure what it did. I checked their twitter and they said today that they are still working on a patch to fix the freezing.

I only found out by accident last night that Neo can semi-fly by double tapping sprint with a direction and Indiana Brones whipe can actually latch onto ledges to pull you up levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hopefully if they update the store that they actually include some relevant information on the game page like a description.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Broforce 1.01 released but didn't fix the input lag at the start of each level :(

It's not even input lag it's just flat out unresponsive for 0.5 seconds. That has been a horrible factor to me falling down a pit at the start of a few levels because the *jump* button decided to stop working for half a second :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement