Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ended up playing Broforce with 3 others at the weekend, between a few bottles of whiskey, input lag and people blasting holes everywhere it was chaotic to say the least, you really need to be coordinated at times, was great craic though even if everyone kept dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

They also need to reduce the size of the HUD for players information, it takes up waaay too much space (blocking out the game world) considering the small amount of info it shows. Or at least make it transparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Thinking of buying movies/TV shows from US PlayStation Store. Will they play alright or is there some sort of region lock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thinking of buying movies/TV shows from US PlayStation Store. Will they play alright or is there some sort of region lock?

No idea and can't offer any insights but very interested to know if this is the case.

Gut instinct would guess it shouldn't be a problem though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

RedXIV wrote: »
    No idea and can't offer any insights but very interested to know if this is the case.

Gut instinct would guess it shouldn't be a problem though?

I think they are completely region locked unless via a VPN, open to correction though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Are there any ps2 games you can play on the ps4? Would love to play some of the timesplitters games again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

hefferboi wrote: »
    Are there any ps2 games you can play on the ps4? Would love to play some of the timesplitters games again

Not yet anyway. Here's a list of what's there currently.

http://www.gamesradar.com/every-ps2-game-ps4/

Isn't there a fan remaster of Timesplitters coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

tok9 wrote: »
    Not yet anyway. Here's a list of what's there currently.

http://www.gamesradar.com/every-ps2-game-ps4/

Isn't there a fan remaster of Timesplitters coming?

Aw man don't even joke about that :( I would love to see a new Timesplitters game I don't even care if it's remastered. I love Timesplitters! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Aw man don't even joke about that :( I would love to see a new Timesplitters game I don't even care if it's remastered. I love Timesplitters! :D

http://www.tsrewind.com/index.php/en/

There you go.. I imagine it'll take some time yet though as they are doing it on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Tried downloading the free tv episodes on my US account and they wouldn't download or play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Tried downloading the free tv episodes on my US account and they wouldn't download or play

Thanks for letting us know. Looks like content is region locked then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Spent many a happy hour banging away on multiplayer with Timesplitters!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone here have a sound bar set up on their PS4?

Any recommendations?

Room is too small for full surround sound set up.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Anyone here have a sound bar set up on their PS4?

Any recommendations?

Room is too small for full surround sound set up.

Looking at the LG TV thread on BA, the LG one seems cheap and cheerful around 70 odd quid, I'm in the market for one but don't want to spend mad money on one either as I have 5.1 in sitting room, its just the bedroom I'd like one for....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Props to Nodtime for pointing out there is a free Resi theme on the ps4 store now and it is class! Safe Room Music ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

How does the PS4 compare to the PS3? Is it much better graphics and speed etc? Can you still browse to your NAS and play films etc?
    Will all PS3 games play on it?
    What happens to your PS+ sub, will they download and play on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

How does the PS4 compare to the PS3?
    It's better.
    Is it much better graphics and speed etc?
    Apples and oranges, games don't compare really.
    Can you still browse to your NAS and play films etc?
    Yes
    Will all PS3 games play on it?
    None. Not backwards compatible.
    What happens to your PS+ sub, will they download and play on it?
    Only if they are PS4 compatible games or cross buy now.

Taltos wrote: »

None. Not backwards compatible.

Only if they are PS4 compatible games or cross buy now.

ah thanks, Guess I better at least "buy" them on PS+ so they are there when I make the leap

ah thanks, Guess I better at least "buy" them on PS+ so they are there when I make the leap

Actually is this out in Ireland yet? Playstation now

http://www.trustedreviews.com/playstation-now-review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

The new firmware beta has been out a while. Peoples thoughts on it?
    Didn't get to try it myself unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Actually is this out in Ireland yet? Playstation now

http://www.trustedreviews.com/playstation-now-review

Not out for Ireland yet I'm afraid

RedXIV wrote: »
    Not out for Ireland yet I'm afraid

Don't know if it will ever even be viable over here tbh with Sony servers mainly located in UK and Amsterdam AFAIK....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The new firmware beta has been out a while. Peoples thoughts on it?
    Didn't get to try it myself unfortunately.

I like it. Being able to have notifications for certain people when they come online is useful and not the like the constant notifications I get on the PS3 where you were notified for everyone. Appearing offline has its uses too.

Anyone play Sheltered? Looks very interesting and just a tenner but wouldn't mind hearing some user reviews. I wanted to get This War of Mine as well but 30 quid is too steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Put some hours into Salt and Sanctuary last night, definitely my favourite game of the year so far, any fans of the Souls series or of Ska Studios other games will really appreciate it, it has local co-op as well.

I was looking at that on the store as well, looked class but wasn't giving me an option to buy, anyone else get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody an idea of the cheapest place to get the division?

Currently about €55 on canada psn is the cheapest ive seen. Would like a physical copy though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

EoinHef wrote: »
    Anybody an idea of the cheapest place to get the division?

Currently about €55 on canada psn is the cheapest ive seen. Would like a physical copy though

I got it on ebay for €45. You just made me check to ensure it wasn't a PC copy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Xenji wrote: »
    Put some hours into Salt and Sanctuary last night, definitely my favourite game of the year so far, any fans of the Souls series or of Ska Studios other games will really appreciate it, it has local co-op as well.

Thank you.
    Only at the first sanctuary and know I'll love this.
    Praise the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was looking at that on the store as well, looked class but wasn't giving me an option to buy, anyone else get that?

On the store now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement