Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

BF4 campaign is the most worthless piece of sheer mediocrity I have ever played through. Don't waste your time or money unless you want to play multiplayer.

Tell us how you really feel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Sony have closed Evolution Studios, the people behind Motorstorm and DriveClub.

That is some class A bullsh!t. They managed to turn DriveClub into one of the best racing games this generation and have made multiple, excellent Motorstorm games. I feel really sorry for the people affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Otacon wrote: »

That is some class A bullsh!t. They managed to turn DriveClub into one of the best racing games this generation and have made multiple, excellent Motorstorm games. I feel really sorry for the people affected.

Feel bad for the staff but to be fair, the Driveclub debacle has to be one of the worst in video game history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »

Love both, Motorstorm (my first PS3 game) but it's might be hard to justify for Sony when they've the bigger brand with GT.
    RedXIV wrote: »
    Feel bad for the staff but to be fair, the Driveclub debacle has to be one of the worst in video game history.

Don't think motorstorm had the greatest luck either, last main game got a huge delay from an actual apocalypse with the tsunami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Varik wrote: »
    Love both games/serie for Motorstorm (my first PS3 game) but it's might be hard to justify for Sony when they've the bigger brand with GT.

Don't think motorstorm had the greatest luck either, last main game got a huge delay from an actual apocalypse with the tsunami.

Can you get motorstorm on the ps4? Ok shoot me if it's an silly question but I've never seen it.

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    Can you get motorstorm on the ps4? Ok shoot me if it's an silly question but I've never seen it.

The RC one but not the main games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anyone know the best bricks and mortar place to get Lego Marvel Avengers for PS4? GameStop is €69.99 and Smyths €59.99. I can't find it on the Argos.ie website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is the rte player ever likely to arrive?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Personally I think the 60fps is what makes a game look better.

Unfortunately what tok9 says is the truth. I believe if they made the PS4 twice as powerful games would still be made to target 40 fps. The visual quality gains are just too much to be ignored, just look at how sparse something like MG Revengeance looks to most other games. And execs know that graphics sell games rather than framerate.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Is the rte player ever likely to arrive?

At this point, I highly doubt it. Support was removed from PS3, can't see them re-investing in it

More site reporting on the PS4.5 and citing each other as sources.

No word from any of the established inside sources on the likes of Neogaf, just Kotaku getting some clicks and other site trying to get some of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone know the best bricks and mortar place to get Lego Marvel Avengers for PS4? GameStop is €69.99 and Smyths €59.99. I can't find it on the Argos.ie website.

I know you want B&M shop for this but it's currently €44.99 on PSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Ps4 is almost 3 years old ps1 was like 5 when 2 arrived so wouldn't be suprised at an upgrade although may just be better to move onto 5 and be done with it,
    Ps4 has been a complete let down for me personally not really a single stand out game(bloodbourne wasn't my thing) a generation of remasters and underpowered hardware, 1080p 60fps isn't that much to ask really is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The reports of the PS4.5 able to do 4k gaming is crazy. Top end GPUs paired up together in a high end PC are needed for that. A GPU small enough to fit in a console and run on less that 300 watts and run 4k games at 30fps don't exist yet.

If the PS4.5 can run anything for the next few years locked at 60fps and 1080p regardless, that alone will be impressive. It's the push for power for VR that is needed in 4.5. They need to get games up to 120fps without hitting the graphics too hard in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Anyone recommend Darksiders to play, its going pretty cheap on PS Store

I enjoyed Skyrim, Dragon Age, Witcher, but couldn't get into Dark Souls so if its similar to that wouldn't be my cup of tea I dont think

Feedback?

If I'm right, Darksiders is closer to button mashing games like Dante's Inferno than it is to Skyrim and Dragon Age. I haven't played it, but what I've seen of gameplay previously, this is the impression I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Ok, always thought it was on the style of Skyrim / Dragon Age

Sounds a bit like God of War, in that case I think ill stay clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any decent rugby games?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ok, always thought it was on the style of Skyrim / Dragon Age

Sounds a bit like God of War, in that case I think ill stay clear

Very similar to god of war, if you didn't like that, you won't like darksiders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Any decent rugby games?

Rugby games are very rare and the latest one is being hailed as an absolute abomination. http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/12/04/rugby-15-review

I'd love to see a remaster of this PS2 classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Still find it hilarious they made a GAA game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I'm right, Darksiders is closer to button mashing games like Dante's Inferno than it is to Skyrim and Dragon Age. I haven't played it, but what I've seen of gameplay previously, this is the impression I got.

The combat is awful button mashy god of war stuff however it's closer to a Zelda/Metroid game than anything else, the combat kind of takes a back seat.

It's probably the most unoriginal game ever. Dark broody emo nonsense story, combat from god of war, structure from a metroidvania and it even had the gall to rob the portal gun from portal. However it's such a solid fun game it's hard to be cynical about it. Definitely worth a play if you have exhausted any other Zelda/metroidvania games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

http://www.thejournal.ie/gaelic-football-hurling-ps2-1946663-Sep2015/

Good article on how the PS2's greatest ever game came to pass

astonaidan wrote: »
    Still find it hilarious they made a GAA game

The audience for the PS2 in Ireland was massive and they contracted a Aussie developer that had made the Aussie rules games to make it. They basically changed very little from their own aussie rules game and totally half arsed it. It's a pity because the sequel was quite a lot of fun.

It also was a massive deal for the GAA at the time. The players weren't happy about likenesses and names being used. There was another game in development in Ireland with the players association license but nothing ever came of it and it's not known how far along in development it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Remake of Jonah Lomu Rugby on PS1or GTFO,was a classic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement