Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

I kind of feel like a GAA game would do really well now. Since the likes of YouTube and Reddit it's seen a rise in popularity globally.

Well...

I say really well. But definitely better than the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I kind of feel like a GAA game would do really well now. Since the likes of YouTube and Reddit it's seen a rise in popularity globally.

Well...

I saw a lacrosse game on the PSN store last night so a gaa game wouldn't be to far off that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is there any good ps4 WW1 or 2 1st person shooter? I know there at one stage a few years ago every second game was a world war game but the last decent one I played was World at war. All these futuristic shooters are a load of bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

hefferboi wrote:
    Is there any good ps4 WW1 or 2 1st person shooter? I know there at one stage a few years ago every second game was a world war game but the last decent one I played was World at war. All these futuristic shooters are a load of bollix.

There's a few WW2 games coming next year. Battalion 1944 being the best looking one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Any decent rugby games?

Rugby Challenge 3 is out on the 22nd of April, was meant to come out late last year but the devs went radio silent on it and delays ensued.

The first two were quality (not quite Rugby 08 but nothing ever will be) so this should be a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Well...

Any game could do well these days if someone like Pew Die Pie gets his hands on it. I think I read somewhere before that he started making videos of Skate 3 which cause EA to reprint more copies of the game 'cause it was so in demand, crazy the effect these YouTube guys can have.

Found the story https://www.vg247.com/2014/08/27/pewdiepie-ea-reprint-skate-3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The combat is awful button mashy god of war stuff however it's closer to a Zelda/Metroid game than anything else, the combat kind of takes a back seat.

It's probably the most unoriginal game ever. Dark broody emo nonsense story, combat from god of war, structure from a metroidvania and it even had the gall to rob the portal gun from portal. However it's such a solid fun game it's hard to be cynical about it. Definitely worth a play if you have exhausted any other Zelda/metroidvania games.

I actually enjoyed it even if it was a button masher. Didn't find too many others like it on the PlayStation at the time. Actually bought it as I loved the original and was a bit shocked and disheartened to see the gameplay change so much. But stuck with it and glad I did. Nice brainless way to chill and while away a few hours. Hope to see it on + at some point, would like to play it again but don't fancy paying for it a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Does anyone know how to unfollow the communities? I followed a load of them an my head is wrecked from all the notifications I'll never use..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

GerB40 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to unfollow the communities? I followed a load of them an my head is wrecked from all the notifications I'll never use..

Go into the communities you want to leave, press arrow up and there are three options, invite players to join this community, create a party for community members and manage this communities settings - leave is an option in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

F1ngers wrote: »
    Go into the communities you want to leave, press arrow up and there are three options, invite players to join this community, create a party for community members and manage this communities settings - leave is an option in this one.

Cheers, I feel like some dope...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can you gift things to people on PSN? Friend just had a baby and isnl broke so thinking of buying destiny dlc for him

EoinHef wrote: »
    Can you gift things to people on PSN? Friend just had a baby and isnl broke so thinking of buying destiny dlc for him

No, only way would be to pay for it using his account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

EoinHef wrote:

Buy a psn gift card to that amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Otacon wrote: »
    Sony have closed Evolution Studios, the people behind Motorstorm and DriveClub.

That is some class A bullsh!t. They managed to turn DriveClub into one of the best racing games this generation and have made multiple, excellent Motorstorm games. I feel really sorry for the people affected.

Feck, I'm only reading this now, absolutely gutted.

Motorstorm Apocalypse is hands down the best racing game I've played on PS3.

If they remastered it for PSVR it would be amazing. It was almost like being in a doomsday movie, the detruction and track design was great.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    No, only way would be to pay for it using his account
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Buy a psn gift card to that amount?

Thanks lads.

Tried to get PSN cards in dundrum today,Tesco,Argos and HMV had none. Strange,last time i went to argos in blanch they couldnt sell them as there was a problem with them. Seems there not as readily available as expected. Might just get him to buy it using my card.

Or just try blanch tomorrow for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Thanks lads.

Tried to get PSN cards in dundrum today,Tesco,Argos and HMV had none. Strange,last time i went to argos in blanch they couldnt sell them as there was a problem with them. Seems there not as readily available as expected. Might just get him to buy it using my card.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%203/Games/7860

Seem to be in stock there as much as I hate gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Conar wrote: »
    https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%203/Games/7860

Seem to be in stock there as much as I hate gamestop.

One thing they can't overprice at least, they must hate selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I might be a bit soft, but I love to see stuff like that. Good mates aren't easy found... You sound like one.
    Fair play to ya.

Thanks lads.

If he has a PayPal account you could just send him the amount for the DLC and he could buy it on his own account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If it just the Destiny dlc getting a boxed copy of the taken king plus full game may be cheaper.

A new copy with the dlc code would probably be cheaper than the dlc by itself normally, psn has a discount right now i think so may be better to Continue looking for psn credit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Thanks lads.

Tried to get PSN cards in dundrum today,......

Harvey Norman in Carrickmines had loads of them last weekend. All at the till facing the Apple Mac section....
    Maybe they'll have them in Blanch too but if not maybe they'll be willing to post/transfer them for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

EoinHef wrote:

I hope this gets added to a later firmware update

Thanks for the suggestions,i reckon ill just try blanch tomorrow. Gamestop will have it if nowhere else does,smyths might and id rather give them the money!

I gave him the base game awhile ago when i bought the taken king edition as well so we could play together,baby is wreaking havok on the poor chaps wallet:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I gave him the base game awhile ago when i bought the taken king edition as well so we could play together,baby is wreaking havok on the poor chaps wallet:(

This is normal but it makes up for it in about 6 years time when they can start playing co-op.

My son even beat me in street fighter on Sunday night :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I bought GTA San Andreas for the fifth time ever on Sunday. The amount of money I've given Rockstar over the years....

I picked up the three GTA PS2 remastered games on PS4 in the Easter Sale. I hadn't realised that the graphical improvements would be anything to write-home about but I watched a few videos on Youtube as research and was quite impressed. Could probably play on PC with some HD mods and have it look better but they'll always be console games for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RedXIV wrote: »
    This is normal but it makes up for it in about 6 years time when they can start playing co-op.

My son even beat me in street fighter on Sunday night :(

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I bought GTA San Andreas for the fifth time ever on Sunday. The amount of money I've given Rockstar over the years....

I picked up the three GTA PS2 remastered games on PS4 in the Easter Sale. I hadn't realised that the graphical improvements would be anything to write-home about but I watched a few videos on Youtube as research and was quite impressed. Could probably play on PC with some HD mods and have it look better but they'll always be console games for me.
    You sound like me!

Didn't pick the up for the PS4 yet unfortunately but I am tempted purely to have it there to play on the HDD if I ever wanted to! And to play it in bed on my Vita. :P

Edit: I just bought it. :pac: Feel like a bit of a disgrace but then again it also feels so right! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I hadn't actually thought of the remote play possibilities. I think those GTA games would work perfectly on the handheld machine. The second they're available on the Vita I'm making San Andreas purchase #6 :o

Beefy78 wrote: »

I'm the exact same, must of sold it and bought it back again about 3-4 times on the PS2, bought for the 360 and bought it again when it came out on PS4, it's just one of those games I never can say no too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I'm the exact same, must of sold it and bought it back again about 3-4 times on the PS2, bought for the 360 and bought it again when it came out on PS4, it's just one of those games I never can say no too :pac:

All this talk of GTA series, Watch Dogs was arguably a better game then any of them and it was just on sale recently

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement