Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Krusader wrote: »
    I hope this gets added to a later firmware update

Actually only found out the other day that Steam allow you to gift or trade items with others users, I'd love this on the PS4 it's such a great concept. Be handy as well when you're done playing a digital game that has no replay value or multiplayer.

duploelabs wrote: »
    All this talk of GTA series, Watch Dogs was arguably a better game then any of them and it was just on sale recently

Ah cmon, I liked Watch Dogs but it's no where near better than any GTA imo.

Speaking of Watch Dogs, Watch Dogs 2 is up for pre order in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

All this talk of GTA series, Watch Dogs was arguably a better game then any of them and it was just on sale recently

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

not-sure-if-fry-meme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Definitely arguable, alright.

• Advertisement

I'm not a huge fan of GTA, but claiming that Watch Dogs is better than it is a bit.. er .. wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm not a huge fan of GTA, but claiming that Watch Dogs is better than it is a bit.. er .. wrong.

I did say arguably, I just found it a bit more grown up. Yes there're flaws, like the camera not chasing the cars sufficiently, but it's not like GTA doesn't have its and I enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Watch_Dogs was hands down the worst game I have bought for the PS4, the game had so much potential and it ended up being a boring and repetitive mess with a soulless city and cut and paste missions.

For me, Watch_Dogs went the way of the Division; so much potential, so utterly wasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

For me, Watch_Dogs went the way of the Division; so much potential, so utterly wasted.

The opinions on division like this have me reluctant to buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Xenji wrote: »
    Watch_Dogs was hands down the worst game I have bought for the PS4, the game had so much potential and it ended up being a boring and repetitive mess with a soulless city and cut and paste missions.

Yeah ok I concede that, I'd feel pissed off if I paid full price for it :D

The opinions on division like this have me reluctant to buy it

I'll put it this way: Do you like Destiny? It's like that.

See.. what got me is that the trailer below painted it as this emotive and interesting game, when reality it turned out to be just a (pretty much) bog standard co-op game, which, for me, personally, was a huge disappointment.

It was the exact same thing that happened with Dead Island -- where we were given a proactive trailer, where the final game was fun, sure, but not the emotive experience we were promised.

Eventually I'll learn ...

Also -- that trailer, in my eyes, is among the best out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

I'll put it this way: Do you like Destiny? It's like that.

Not wanting to be picking arguments but as a long time player of Destiny and someone who has already gotten bored of the Division and traded it in I definitely don't agree.

The Division has similarities and some great concepts but the gameplay is completely different to Destiny.
    3rd person, gears of war type hugging of defensive structures, clunky use of grenades and items. Feels completely different.
    Aslo the side missions and main missions are much more free for all style than Destiny.

If you don't like Destiny I definitely wouldn't rule out the Division and vice versa.
    It just wasn't for me and I happily went back to Destiny where I like to replay a raid again and again but struggled to play any part of the division twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Twitch app is now available for us in the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

GTA:III, Vice City and San Andreas trilogy for €17.99 looks like good value.
    Have they aged ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

There's a new final fantasy xv demo on the UK store but not on the IE store, anyone tried it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lulzordan wrote: »
    There's a new final fantasy xv demo on the UK store but not on the IE store, anyone tried it yet?

Checked there, seems to be up. Maybe they just flagged it for the UK store earlier or it took a while longer to register for elsewhere.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/platinum-demo-%e2%80%94-final-fantasy-xv/cid=EP0082-CUSA04514_00-0000000000000001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anyone else getting Dirt Rally?

I made a league for PS4 boardsies for anyone that wants to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Anyone else getting Dirt Rally?

I made a league for PS4 boardsies for anyone that wants to join.

Already have the PC Version so I'll be waiting til it goes cheap on PS4.

Even with a Logitech G27 I still cant figurethe game out, might be the force feecback. Assetto corsa feels right to me though.

GTA:III, Vice City and San Andreas trilogy for €17.99 looks like good value.
    Have they aged ok?

Bought SA when it came out, had no problems with the graphics basically just the same but widescreen. Controls can be a pain at the start though, once you get used to them again it's grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody manage on war thunder to play as the ships or was it just PC gamers that could.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Anybody manage on war thunder to play as the ships or was it just PC gamers that could.

:D

No, but the sea shanties are getting annoying.

JamboMac wrote: »

Jumping on now, it is on PS4 anyway only can get into it through the event thing on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Is their still no trophys for war thunder :(

astonaidan wrote: »
    Is their still no trophys for war thunder :(

There are but they're extremely hard, going by the trophy rarity there's 1 very rare( only 1 I have) and the rest are ultra rare including having to kill 3,000 players and win 10 games at rank 4 with each side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Actually only found out the other day that Steam allow you to gift or trade items with others users, I'd love this on the PS4 it's such a great concept. Be handy as well when you're done playing a digital game that has no replay value or multiplayer.

It's doesn't work like that, you can't gift games that you added to your library. You can only gift games in your inventory or through the store. They've also added restrictions recently so now you can't gift to different regions :(

On the bright side you can share your steam library with anyone you want and they can play most MP games and all SP, of course not at the same time as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Remote play is only Windows 8.1 and up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I'm looking forward to trying out remote play to my pc but it's a pity that you can't connect the DS4 via bluetooth on computers with a bluetooth adapter. Hopefully this will come in a future update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Still no folders. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement