Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

When's journey out for PS4?

Has to be one of my favourite games ever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    When's journey out for PS4?

Has to be one of my favourite games ever

Not far off and its still coming, so nothing firm yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Probably a silly question but bought a game.on the store which is 36 GB and it started downloading then it suddenly changed to 4.5 GB; whys this? Is this when the game can be played from? Will the rest of game.continue to download in rest mode after the initial 4.5 GB? Thanks all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Probably a silly question but bought a game.on the store which is 36 GB and it started downloading then it suddenly changed to 4.5 GB; whys this? Is this when the game can be played from? Will the rest of game.continue to download in rest mode after the initial 4.5 GB? Thanks all

Yes and yes.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes and yes.

Ta much; gonna be a few days with my 5mb download speed anyway ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A French website is taking orders for Uncharted: The Remastered Trilogy, setting a release date for 30th September.

While I do believe a remastered trilogy is coming this year, I think the site is BS - mostly because of the terrible art used for the cover.

00029359_001_06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You'd be looking at one hefty download from the PSN too. Wasn't uncharted 3 nearly 50GB on it's own?
    Also, there is no way the Uncharted Trilogy would fit on 1 BluRay.

Has there ever been a game released for the PS3 or PS4 that required more than 1 BluRay?

You'd be looking at one hefty download from the PSN too. Wasn't uncharted 3 nearly 50GB on it's own?
    Also, there is no way the Uncharted Trilogy would fit on 1 BluRay.

Has there ever been a game released for the PS3 or PS4 that required more than 1 BluRay?

U3 was as big as it was because they didn't compress the audio in the game (IIRC). A remaster can reduce the size by compressing the audio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm sure they can figure out a way to get all 3 games onto the one disc if they're so inclined. Will UC2/3 have the multiplayer for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hmm.. the MP is a good question. I'd be surprised if they released 2 separate MPs so realistically you'd think it would be the UC3 MP with additional maps?

I also agree with Otacon, a remaster is absolutely happening but that boxart etc is a load of ****e :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

tok9 wrote: »
    Hmm.. the MP is a good question. I'd be surprised if they released 2 separate MPs so realistically you'd think it would be the UC3 MP with additional maps?

I also agree with Otacon, a remaster is absolutely happening but that boxart etc is a load of ****e :P

I hate uncharted 3 MP. UC2's was much better and simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I didn't really play either of them so I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I imagine they would just bring over the Multiplayer they're currently using on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

With the god of war 3 remastered costing as much as it is, we could be looking at 80-100euro for the uncharted trilogy surely.. While I support remastered editions I feel their price tag is just too high.. 40-50euro is just too much for 1 god of war all 3 should have been remastered at least for 60euro..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I find with Amazon that the price of remastered games drops rapidly after release, Final Fantasy Type-0 is already nearly £25 cheaper than it was at launch, Sleeping Dogs has been as low as £12 and Tomb Raider had the same thing happen as well.

Otacon wrote: »
    I got an e-mail saying I got into the PlanetSide 2 Beta Trial. It advises me to go to "head over to PSN Beta and log-in using the SEN sign-in e-mail address that is associated to your SEN Online ID."

I have done, but cannot see any Beta code under Vouchers (or anywhere else). Has anyone else got this?

FYI in case anyone else had this issue, I logged onto the site today and the code was there.

Not sure why - I didn't get an e-mail - but I tried the site today and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does anyone want to play PlanetSide sometime, played as much as I can stomach solo.

There's currently no in game method to find people or squads unless they're standing right in front of you and no one is using mics mics.

I may be on later tonight but work is kicking my ar*e at the minute. Add me and I will try to get online.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

I left my power cable at home in Donegal over the weekend, does anyone know where I could pick one up on a Friday evening or a Saturday? Could really do with playing some Bloodborne tomorrow night :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

its only a standard figure 8 power lead, get one in the euro shop or dealz or the likes, even tesco sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Otacon wrote: »
    I may be on later tonight but work is kicking my ar*e at the minute. Add me and I will try to get online.

Won't be on until Weekend, might have you added already.

Even 3 people in a bomber would likely dominate an region.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Varik wrote: »
    Does anyone want to play PlanetSide sometime, played as much as I can stomach solo.

There's currently no in game method to find people or squads unless they're standing right in front of you and no one is using mics mics.
    I will Defo party up and have me mic on cadete981
    Nor had a chance to play any as was abroad at work but next week or so I be all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My PS4 is nearly full memory wise. Can you delete game data off it without losing your saves? Like Shadow of Mordor is about 60GB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cormac... wrote: »
    My PS4 is nearly full memory wise. Can you delete game data off it without losing your saves? Like Shadow of Mordor is about 60GB

Yes the save files are different, if you have plus you can upload it too the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cormac... wrote: »

yeah the game install data are separate to the saves, go to settings application management/storage to delete the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 spudger1

Been away from the console thing for a while.

Where do people usually buy PS4 games on release, and does any shop/chain offer better trade ins than most of the others?

spudger1 wrote: »

Where do people usually buy PS4 games on release, and does any shop/chain offer better trade ins than most of the others?

I def find CEX the best place to trade in games, they seem to offer the best payout if looking for cash.

I used to get most of my games on Amazon but the FX rate to GBP is gone so bad now its working out as expensive as buying in stores, I avoid gamestop so usually go to xtra vision and smyths which usually are 5-10 eur cheaper than gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

spudger1 wrote: »

Online is generally a lot cheaper. I usually do a search on HUKD for any new game i'm looking for and someone has generally spotted a deal. For example Batman can be pre-ordered for €45.59 here.

Main point is avoid Gamestop like the plague. Using the example above Batman is €74.99. Best shop price pre-order seems to be Smyths at €59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Online is generally a lot cheaper. I usually do a search on HUKD for any new game i'm looking for and someone has generally spotted a deal. For example Batman can be pre-ordered for €45.59 here.

Main point is avoid Gamestop like the plague. Using the example above Batman is €74.99. Best shop price pre-order seems to be Smyths at €59.99

i agree that smyths is the best. seems that everytime i go searching for a games cheapest price when in the city centre, i always end up in smyths

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i agree that smyths is the best. seems that everytime i go searching for a games cheapest price when in the city centre, i always end up in smyths

Argos can be worth a look at times too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement