Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to trying out remote play to my pc but it's a pity that you can't connect the DS4 via bluetooth on computers with a bluetooth adapter. Hopefully this will come in a future update.

You can

Press and hold share and home on the DS4 to make it go into the pairing mode, it'll show up on the PC then.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I bought GTA San Andreas for the fifth time ever on Sunday. The amount of money I've given Rockstar over the years....

I picked up the three GTA PS2 remastered games on PS4 in the Easter Sale. I hadn't realised that the graphical improvements would be anything to write-home about but I watched a few videos on Youtube as research and was quite impressed. Could probably play on PC with some HD mods and have it look better but they'll always be console games for me.

How does the control scheme suit the PS4 controller? Have they updated it whatsoever? I have vague memories with GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas controls being ruddy awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Varik wrote: »
    You can

Press and hold share and home on the DS4 to make it go into the pairing mode, it'll show up on the PC then.

Nice, that's great so. The PS Blog only mentions connecting via cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So now you can remote play using a ps4 controller, does that mean the controller will now work on a windows without PS software? As in use it for Steam or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Remote play is only Windows 8.1 and up.

Bollox!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Remote play is only Windows 8.1 and up.

Mac too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Bollox!!!

Windows 10 is a free upgrade. No reason not to use, its a fine OS with no problems at all for me. I was using it since early access as I wanted to dump 8.1 asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

<3 Windows 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Windows 10 is a free upgrade. No reason not to use, its a fine OS with no problems at all for me. I was using it since early access as I wanted to dump 8.1 asap.

Same here, been using it on all the home computers for a while now and no problems on any of them with games or drivers. In work we had a few people with printer driver problems but that was it and at this stage of release, even those aren't happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man, never knew it was a free upgrade. I've used it before and much prefer my Win 7 but that's only cuz I don't like change. Must look into it, sound.

• Advertisement

Isn't it only a free upgrade if you move up from Windows 8.1? I seem to remember hearing about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

No also free moving from Windows 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

EoinHef wrote: »
    No also free moving from Windows 7

From LEGIT windows 7.

Which after a frustrated hours on a relatives computer reveals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I disabled the update pop up because it was annoying me. I'll have to try to enable it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

RedXIV wrote: »
    From LEGIT windows 7.

Which after a frustrated hours on a relatives computer reveals

He he,fixing stuff for people always throws up these kind of issues. Pity they never think to tell you beforehand!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Funny enough the one issue I had with moving to Windows 10 was that it kind of messed up the DS4 Windows programme I was using to run a Dualshock 4. Got it fixed eventually, but had to run a script to close down Windows Explorer everytime I wanted to use the controller, which was often.

Anyway, think it's fully fixed now, but I ended up buying a wired 360 pad because my DS4 trigger is banjaxed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Used 10 for 2 days, serious audio driver issues and from searching for a fix it isn't uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

First few months of using 10 were awful, the widespread cortana issue was a pain and even now they still have not fixed the issues with Chrome, besides that its not too bad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I must be lucky in that I have never had any issues with Win10 even the beta versions. I use Chrome all the time with no issues but I have never bothered with Cortana, I've no real use for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone know is there a certain time they generally release the system software update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I must be lucky in that I have never had any issues with Win10 even the beta versions. I use Chrome all the time with no issues but I have never bothered with Cortana, I've no real use for it.

Cortana would cause a critical error when you booted up, you sometimes had to restart 3 or 4 times before it sorted itself out, Chrome just refuses to launch, it was the main complaint when 10 launched, still no fix for it, like the Cortana error it just sorts itself out, but its very annoying when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cortana isn't supported here anyway so no biggie. I wouldn't use it anyway if it was as ****e as Siri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Update is done and dusted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Has anyone been able to get Remote Play to work on PC? I don't even know where to begin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone Manage to get remote play working? Installed the app on a windows 10 laptop and a windows 8.1 laptop and seems to connect and all but im not receiving any picture fromThe ps4 to the laptops just black screen and the options and home button onscreen controls but I can control the ps4 from my laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Working fine for me on a laptop running Windows 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Whats the app called, I can't seem to find it.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Whats the app called, I can't seem to find it.

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/gb/index.html

Simply Red wrote: »
    Working fine for me on a laptop running Windows 10

Maybe it's just my laptops aren't proper she they both a few years Old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement