Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jayo26 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just my laptops aren't proper she they both a few years Old.

Windows 8 or 10?

Don't think it works on windows 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,760 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Does anyone know if this (remote pc play) works on the local network or is it going out to the internet and back in? the sony page talks about requirements on internet speed "Internet connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps (12 Mbps recommended)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Works fine on my local lan. Both PS4 & PC are wireless.
    Played a bit of Dark Souls and it feels only slightly off (laggy). Seems to be better when you fullscreen the Remote Play app.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Is there a knack to getting the DS4 working for the remote play app on Windows 10?
    The app is asking me to plug my DS4 in via USB, but it doesn't seem to be working?
    The controller shows up as "Wireless Controller" in the Connected Devices setting in windows, but pressing the PS button doesn't switch the controller on while it is connected via USB.

If I unplug the USB then I can switch it on, but it of course connects to the PS4 and continues to do so while plugged in again.

I would hardly need to un-pair it from the PS4 before using it on remote play do I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fieldog wrote: »
    Windows 8 or 10?

Don't think it works on windows 7

I have one that's 8.1 and one that's 10. It Connects and the Sound from the ps4 comes threw the laptop and I can see the onscreen share and options button on the laptop when i hover the mouse, its just the video feed from ps4 doesn't show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Its unplayable on my Asus laptop/netbook running windows 10 but its very slow anyway.

Its looks like it is about to work perfectly on my 2009 Mac but when you log in after connecting the controller to the Mac it disconnects every time:-(

I'm bummed about the laptop though, surely its more powerful than the vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Remote play working great on my laptop, just finished a stage in Dirt rally & didnt notice any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Seems to work pretty well on my laptop.... picture isn't exactly sharp though, but no real lag to speak of.
    I'd still prefer the option for remote play on my iPad as I'd be much more likely to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

sugarman wrote: »
    Was laggy for me, then said me internet connection was too slow ...speeds tests are showing 30mb/s:confused:

I haven't messed with this yet but from what I'm reading it seems like it's streaming locally so your Internet speed shouldn't matter, it will come down the router your using, maybe its inadequate or someone is hogging all the bandwidth on your network.

You could try switching from WiFi to cable if you haven't already done so, that would help a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

When I plug my hard drive in, it says it wont work, then works anyways. Whats the story with this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Does remote play on PC only work on your home network?

Does remote play on PC only work on your home network?

No I don't think so. First it searches for your ps4 locally and if it can't find it it searched the Internet.

The question I have is, does it try first to get your PC or laptop to connect to the ps4's own wifi like the vita and then if not it searches through your network/internet to find it.

I think this might be the case as it asks permission when installing on a Mac to make changes to your machine.
    It would explain why my Mac which is upstairs wasn't working to good. It did find a connection when searching locally.

Mine works fine in the house but I brought the laptop to work just to try it and it can't find the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,092 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mine works fine in the house but I brought the laptop to work just to try it and it can't find the PS4.

Could be firewall at home, OR in the office. You would need to insure ports are open on your home router id imagine

Have you ever remote played from the P's Vita from work before?

iamtony wrote: »
    Have you ever remote played from the P's Vita from work before?

Don't have a Vita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭Damien360

According to the release notes, the ability to remote play from a PC outside your home network is not working yet. Next release.

My problem must be Internet based or something I've tried it on 4 different laptops and same problem on each one I've no video feed I have sound and control with laptop.

Edit: just tried connecting using hotspot on my phone over 4g and same results no video im lost as to why it won't work.

My problem must be Internet based or something I've tried it on 4 different laptops and same problem on each one I've no video feed I have sound and control with laptop.

Edit: just tried connecting using hotspot on my phone over 4g and same results no video im lost as to why it won't work.
    that does sound odd, maybe there's a problem with your PlayStation. Try a full reset or something.

• Advertisement

that does sound odd, maybe there's a problem with your PlayStation. Try a full reset or something.

I dont think so I have tried reading up online but not much to be said about it as it's only been launched im guessing now maybe it's just the video card spec of my laptops are not good enough or something they are a good 5 or 6 years old. I'm building a new gaming build over The next few weeks so ill see then I suppose.

I dont think so I have tried reading up online but not much to be said about it as it's only been launched im guessing now maybe it's just the video card spec of my laptops are not good enough or something they are a good 5 or 6 years old. I'm building a new gaming build over The next few weeks so ill see then I suppose.
    I got it to run on a touch screen Asus laptop that is the slowest piece of crap I've ever used in low resolution, the default setting you can use it but it's not great. My point is if you've tried it on 4 laptops I'd hardly doubt it's the computers fault.

Is it possibly something to do with the settings you use for that incription thing for hdmi, hdcp or something it's called it might not let you stream if it's turned off.

I got it to run on a touch screen Asus laptop that is the slowest piece of crap I've ever used in low resolution, the default setting you can use it but it's not great. My point is if you've tried it on 4 laptops I'd hardly doubt it's the computers fault.

Is it possibly something to do with the settings you use for that incription thing for hdmi, hdcp or something it's called it might not let you stream if it's turned off.

Yeh you have a point I just didn't know what spec laptops ye were all using. Thanks for the suggestion ill gave look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony were pretty quiet on those extra features for 3.5.

Party size limits (2-8), 4TB HDD compatibility(messed up rest mode before), and searching/pinning games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-08-the-latest-ps4-update-does-some-cool-unannounced-things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The party limit still stuck at 8 is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Grayditch wrote: »
    The party limit still stuck at 8 is ridiculous.

The problem is a party with loads in it is gonna be impossible to hear anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's not a problem I'd be worried about. We're always left with 1 or 2 out of the party on GTA nights. That's a much bigger problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My initial opinion of the laptop remote play has changed... It's not great at all.
    Mooching around the menus is fine but when I play a game I get a stutter of about 1 second every minute or so... Doesn't sound like much but it's enough to drive into a wall or another car in GTA or mess up a tackle or shot in FIFA.
    It essentially makes it unplayable for gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Remote Play working fine on my Macbook Pro Retina. Played FIFA16 no issue or lag just the one game after setup but very impressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement