Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've played hours of GTA from my Z3 plugged into a mini projector or Witcher on Vita remote play with no issues really. I'll have to give it a go on the mac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Looks quite good on the laptop I must say.

d6e7676db795630c6c4450445d08bc7a.png

I did go into preferences and make sure it was running at 720p rather than 540p. You can only do this when you aren't connected btw.

Looks better in person than through gyazo anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

What theme is that Glico?

What theme is that Glico?

Hanami Cherry Blossom Festival theme, on the US Store only ($2.99)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

People pay for themes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

People pay for a lot of things, if they're happy with it, what's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd buy that Cherry Blossom theme if it was on the EU PS Store.

The only themes that seem to be available on the EU PS Store are Baseball and DOA shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'd buy that Cherry Blossom theme if it was on the EU PS Store.

The only themes that seem to be available on the EU PS Store are Baseball and DOA shíte.

I remember reading somewhere that the developers of some themes were asked if the were bringing them to the EU store and I think I remember that they said that Sony EU will only allow (third party?) themes if they're game related hence all the dirge on our store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I remember reading somewhere that the developers of some themes were asked if the were bringing them to the EU store and I think I remember that they said that Sony EU will only allow (third party?) themes if they're game related hence all the dirge on our store

Ye but the US store is full of ****e as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

But ain't there a load of non-game related themes on the EU store? Like galaxy/space type themes etc.

And also sh*t loads of movie ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Game-related themes can be done well. Just don't plaster the games logo on it or obscure the menu.

Transistor's theme is amazing. Lovely music and looks brilliant...

Didn't see any mention of it here, but theres going to be a demo for Nioh at the end of the month. For those wondering, and I'm doing it a disservice with my description, but its kind of like a cross between Onimusha and the Souls games set in 16th Century Japan.

If you finish the demo, you'll get access to DLC for the full game as a reward.

Demo runs from the 26th of April until May 5th for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Glico Man wrote: »
    Didn't see any mention of it here, but theres going to be a demo for Nioh at the end of the month. For those wondering, and I'm doing it a disservice with my description, but its kind of like a cross between Onimusha and the Souls games set in 16th Century Japan.

If you finish the demo, you'll get access to DLC for the full game as a reward.

Demo runs from the 26th of April until May 5th for those interested.

The game was actually announced 10 years ago, there are still early screenshots of it, it has been on my radar since the last TGC and will be picking it up.

It is going to be an ARPG with influences from several demonic hack n slash games from the PS2 era such as Onimusha and Yo****sune-ki mixed with Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi and Ninja Gaiden.

Xenji wrote: »
    The game was actually announced 10 years ago, there are still early screenshots of it, it has been on my radar since the last TGC and will be picking it up.

It is going to be an ARPG with influences from several demonic hack n slash games from the PS2 era such as Onimusha and Yo****sune-ki mixed with Dark Souls, Warriors Orochi and Ninja Gaiden.

Oh, believe me... I remember 2005/6 all too well...

I can't believe its almost finally here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That looks pretty great tbh. I assume the reason for giving away the DLC for free to players who finish the demo means it's going to be notoriously difficult like Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I had no idea it was announced back then! Definitely trying out the demo.

10 years ago!? How come it's only coming out now?.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    10 years ago!? How come it's only coming out now?.

It was supposed to be a tie in with an unfinished Akira Kurosawa movie originally, that movie ended up not happening and the game got stuck in development hell after that.

Xenji wrote: »
    It was supposed to be a tie in with an unfinished Akira Kurosawa movie originally, that movie ended up not happening and the game got stuck in development hell after that.

It's mental to think, a game could of been announced 10 years ago and still end up being made.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It's mental to think, a game could of been announced 10 years ago and still end up being made.

Final Fantasy XV... announced in 2006. I still won't believe its released in September until its actually in my PS4.

Two games I've actually wanted to play getting stuck in hell for 10 years.

And I don't think I should mention The Last Guardian, sitting on 9 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Final Fantasy XV... announced in 2006. I still won't believe its released in September until its actually in my PS4.

I know a few people who bought a PS3 purely to play this. Presumably, that's also why they have a PS4 now...

After all this time, it's surely going to be a crushing disappointment. I love Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not as bad as Duke Nukem Forever :D

fifteen years in development hell :D

Ah, but that's Final Fantasy. Nearly every gamer would know that name (even if you've played it or not), it's very sought after. We're as Nior, I only heard of the the game for the first time last year, didn't think it was a 10 year old game.

Even though I'll probably never play it, I'm delighted it's finally coming out, just out of sheer commitment alone (from the developers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,460 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RedXIV wrote: »
    Not as bad as Duke Nukem Forever :D

fifteen years in development hell :D

Wish it stayed there too!

I know a few people who bought a PS3 purely to play this. Presumably, that's also why they have a PS4 now...

After all this time, it's surely going to be a crushing disappointment. I love Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

I remember when I was younger playing Ico with my brother, never played a game like that before but, for some reason it kept me hooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Not sure if has been mentioned but Battleborn Open Beta is up on the Canada store... Think it's on American too, not sure if it on Irish just saw it when I checked Canada store so downloaded from there :p

Not sure if has been mentioned but Battleborn Open Beta is up on the Canada store... Think it's on American too, not sure if it on Irish just saw it when I checked Canada store so downloaded from there :p

It as been available on the EU store since Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just in case people don't look at bargains thread and are looking for either of these titles it's a pretty good deal:

Valid until 22/04/16

S_013_SW_redhero_ROI.jpg

S_013_SW_unchart5_ROI.jpg

S_013_SW_doom5_ROI.jpg

S_013_SW_battle5_ROI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Played doom open beta and the multiplayer is worse than call of duty for people with terrible connection having a massive advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mickeroo wrote:
    Ah now I think of it

Anyone else's sky go app been sh1t recently, constantly having to restart certain shows etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement