Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just wondering today, did they ever release the rest of the Star Wars games that came with Battlefront? Or is it just Super Star Wars so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was just wondering today, did they ever release the rest of the Star Wars games that came with Battlefront? Or is it just Super Star Wars so far?

I got four of them in a pack, Super Star Wars, Revenge Racer, Bounty Hunter & Jedi Starfighter. You can buy them all separately too i think.

Strange, I just searched this morning and only the PS3 versions of the games were there. Now I see the PS4 versions. I really must redeem that voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I downloaded black ops 3 earlier and the graphics are all messed up.

Is there any way of getting my money back or redownloading the game?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Evade

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Delete it from your console then go to the PS store and download it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Its always in your library pal so delete it and download again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

2-step verification coming. Already implemented on the PS3s firmware just not released.

https://twitter.com/tontsa/status/722664713113485312

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Varik wrote: »
    2-step verification coming. Already implemented on the PS3s firmware just not released.

What does that mean?
    Cheers

They send a txt to your phone to login,So it safer?

Kev. wrote: »
    What does that mean?
    Cheers

They send a txt to your phone to login,So it safer?

Enter username
    Enter password

when they're right it will ask you to enter an X-digit code, which you've gotten from a email, text, or app

Probably will be email and the playstation app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody ever hear of a controller not connecting 'cause the console wasn't updated?

My cousin who lives in Wales said his mate bough a controller in Cex but when he plugs it into his console it lights up as its charging but it won't turn on, he got onto Cex and they said its cause the console isn't updated but he can't update it without a working controller :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody ever hear of a controller not connecting 'cause the console wasn't updated?

My cousin who lives in Wales said his mate bough a controller in Cex but when he plugs it into his console it lights up as its charging but it won't turn on, he got onto Cex and they said its cause the console isn't updated but he can't update it without a working controller :pac:

That's a load of bull.

That's a load of bull.

That's what I thought too, said Cex won't give him his money back because once the console is updated it'll work.

They should ask to see it working. They have consoles instore for checking games.

They should ask to see it working. They have consoles instore for checking games.

Yeah, said Cex said it works on there consoles so he's gonna bring his PS in and show them it's not working on his.

Just thought I'd ask here in case it was actually a thing, couldn't find anything on Google.

Yeah, said Cex said it works on there consoles so he's gonna bring his PS in and show them it's not working on his.

Just thought I'd ask here in case it was actually a thing, couldn't find anything on Google.

If it's not working on his PS4 but work on others, it's not the shop's problem. The controller they sold works, it's his PS4 that doesn't then.

I've had a few USB cables from Phones chargers that don't have data just power, has he tried changing the cable and using the reset on the controller before connecting it wired to the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

If it's not working on his PS4 but work on others, it's not the shop's problem. The controller they sold works, it's his PS4 that doesn't then.

I've had a few USB cables from Phones chargers that don't have data just power, has he tried changing the cable and using the reset on the controller before connecting it wired to the PS4.

I agree, but for CEX to say that his console needs an update is complete tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

is it definitely a ps4 controller and not a ps3 one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'd say it's just a matter of resetting the controller using a pin in the button at the back for 2 seconds or whatever it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'd check the wire he's using. Might be a dodgy or faulty one.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I'll ask him. He has tried resetting the controller but that didn't help.

Cex said it worked? But did he see it working?

Can he get access to another controller to do the update to get that point out of the way?
    Though how would the controller know the PS4 needs an update? Unless it was also previously updated somehow and now is out of sync in firmware versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

I'm not sure I'll ask him. He has tried resetting the controller but that didn't help.

Install the playstation remote app on a phone or tablet and then you can use the touch screen to navigate the menus and do the update.

Cex said it worked? But did he see it working?

Can he get access to another controller to do the update to get that point out of the way?
    Though how would the controller know the PS4 needs an update? Unless it was also previously updated somehow and now is out of sync in firmware versions.

I'm not sure, he just said that When he brought it back in the day after he bought it they checked it on another console and it worked.

Conar wrote: »
    Install the playstation remote app on a phone or tablet and then you can use the touch screen to navigate the menus and do the update.

I told him that as well, said it wouldn't work. I'd say it's the console at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

I told him that as well, said it wouldn't work. I'd say it's the console at this stage

Sorry yeah I guess if he's never configured the ps4 he wouldn't be able to remote connect.

Conar wrote: »
    Sorry yeah I guess if he's never configured the ps4 he wouldn't be able to remote connect.

He told me he's using some small usb, so I doubt it's a DS4 one. Like someone said up there it could be a phone usb which isn't powerful enough.

He told me he's using some small usb, so I doubt it's a DS4 one. Like someone said up there it could be a phone usb which isn't powerful enough.

Some of those cheap USB cables that come with something for charging are just power, you'd need the data as well to sync.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Evade wrote: »
    Delete it from your console then go to the PS store and download it again.

So reloaded black ops and the graphics are still a mess?

What's the solution now? Redownload?

Is this common? It's the first game I've downloaded.

Is there a process to get refunded?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭Evade

So reloaded black ops and the graphics are still a mess?

What's the solution now? Redownload?
    Did you delete it and download it again? If you just went to the PS store without deleting it it just launches the installed version.
    Is this common? It's the first game I've downloaded.
    No.
    Is there a process to get refunded?
    Probably, I'm not sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement